GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens.

4 posters

Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens.

Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap211%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap211%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap244%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap222%Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He was an enigma as expected sort of. We all expected nights off but, there were more nights off than expected IMO. Kovalev definitely provided more time and space for other players so even when he wasn't producing he was still an important piece of the puzzle. Despite his poor season we all waited anxiously to see if he'd turn it up for the playoffs as he has done in the past. A knee injury prevented that from happening obviously. For helping Fisher to career highs in goals and assists and for the games he showed up for I give Kovalev a C+. Less nights off and better PP play would have boosted that grade obviously. Too little for too much money IMO.

- Unknown Author

2Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i gave him a B yea he is on nights and off night but that is what i expected but when we had that rash of injuries he was a key component to the 11 game winning streak

3Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i gave him a B yea he is on nights and off night but that is what i expected but when we had that rash of injuries he was a key component to the 11 game winning streak

You expected him to go as long as he did between goals or even points? You expected him to have one of his worst seasons statistically since 05/06?

- Unknown Author

4Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 1:07 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i was expecting 55 points he was a little lower than that but he is what he is i think for some reason people were expecting him to change the type of player he is he is getting older so i did expect less points

5Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 1:10 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B-

One of the big reasons we made the post-season, but was so streaky it drove everyone mad. The grade is hard to do because everyone wanted to see what he would do in the playoffs.

6Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:i was expecting 55 points he was a little lower than that but he is what he is i think for some reason people were expecting him to change the type of player he is he is getting older so i did expect less points

I didn't expect him to change but I did expect similar numbers to last season which, by the way, was considered a terrible season for him that included being sent home and told not to play for a while.

- Unknown Author

7Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Alexei Kovalev - Grade the Sens. Tue May 04, 2010 6:09 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i gave him a D. anything under 20 goals is ridiculous for this guy. counting he got 4of those 18 in one game this is just telling me he's laughing in our faces all the way to the bank.
sure he has his moments but they are to few and far between for the lack of effort he put in this year. he cost us the playoffs also(well ok so the injury isn't his fault, hehe)

basicaly we could of got camallerri for a mill more and i'll never get over it. one more year to go of this Facepalm
with the level of tallent this guy has this is the type of player that could of gotten multi-40 goal seasons in the NHL but didn't care to improve or give it his all.

on the bright side, i expect him to put up a good year next year as he'll try to impress future employers and he'll probably get 25-30 goals, if he stays healthy...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum