GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 18th, 2013

+10
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 16]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

These injuries just highlight how shallow our depth really is. We may have thought we had awesome depth, but we don't.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

This is essentially how I feel....

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Obviously this team isn't there yet. God forbid we ever lose Spezza again, we're Cussed without him. And God doubly forbid us ever losing Karlsson again. This team is nothing without them - and championship teams always have guys who step up. Not very impressed with them not scoring since the second Karlsson went down.

Time to stop feeling so damn sorry for yourselves and do something.
let's face it, we've lost Karlsson and Cowen. if cowen would be in the line-up we'd be that much in a better situation.
Again maybe we should think of drafting a center this summer with our 1st. Someone said something about Turris possibly playing the wing. personally I'm not sure if he's done that before but we could use a couple great centers and we don't know how long Spezza will be with us either.
could walk out next time he's UFA or he could sustain more back injuries. best to plan now for that possibility.
we draft a young C we could place him on the third line (the way Galchenyuk has been doing in MTL) as the way Z smith is playing he's gonna find himself centering the 4rth line soon enough.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:These injuries just highlight how shallow our depth really is. We may have thought we had awesome depth, but we don't.

It really doesn't look good on Turris, I won't lie. This was his opportunity to take the bull by the horns and put up some points in Spez's absence. Bad news....

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:These injuries just highlight how shallow our depth really is. We may have thought we had awesome depth, but we don't.

What happens when our depth is injured Too? Latendresse, Michalek, regin. And of course way too much hyping of silfverberg. He's looked good but that don't win games. Hoffman and stone injured too

Last edited by Michallica on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

as for zib I think the organization has him pegged as a winger or will use him in a trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:

It really doesn't look good on Turris, I won't lie. This was his opportunity to take the bull by the horns and put up some points in Spez's absence. Bad news....
yeah, I agree. he could have used this opportunity. at least he signed a good contract and isn't receiving 5 mill a season.
the whole team is playing without any confidence. this isn't just on him.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

6+ periods without a goal. That's over two games.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

yeah, I agree. he could have used this opportunity. at least he signed a good contract and isn't receiving 5 mill a season.
the whole team is playing without any confidence. this isn't just on him.

Yup see Alfie on that 3on1 flub

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Michallica wrote:

What happens when our depth is injured Too? Latendresse, Michalek, regin. And of course way too much hyping of silfverberg. He's looked good but that don't win games. Hoffman and stone injured too
Yeah, we're deep in the injury list... for sure. Not helping at all. TenderOne and Regin were contributing nothing before this though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:

ah please... as soon as you mention Latendresse it already means a lack in depth.
we all knew we'd end up testing alot of the kids this year, we just didn't think it be all of the kids at the same time.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Again I'd take latendresse or regin trying to get our powerplay going rather than z smith or Derek grant/dzuirzinksy

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Again I'd take latendresse or regin trying to get our powerplay going rather than z smith or Derek grant/dzuirzinksy
so would I.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Why the heck are Grant and DD still here? Man...Stone and Hoffman must be so upset that they'e hurt, this is and will be a huge opportunity for them.

Call up Prince, Cannone and/or Schneider until then please.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone better step the Diddle up this 3rd period. Man up!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

He's not a #1 centre. I wonder how he'd look on the wing. We can't test that now but it might make even more sense to swing a deal for ROR and move Turris to the wing. We'd have ROR and Turris for #1, #2C still if Spezza's vertebrae give out again. If we fall apart this much without Spezza and Turris can't fill the role in any way shape or form still, Murray needs to do something.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

finally they call a hook on nj

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Facepalm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 16]