GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ New Jersey Devils - 1:00pm ET - Mon. Feb. 18th, 2013

+10
SensHulk
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Bramlet07
PTFlea
LeCaptain
SeawaySensFan
tim1_2
wprager
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

Worst part is bishop could have had a shutout, that first goal was weak but did he ever settle into his own. We never beat new jersey in the shootout

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Hoags wrote:
NEELY wrote:Hopefully they can move Zibanejad for ROR if there is a move to be made... Murray may have to move Bishop first to get a pick though for that deal.

Please.

Do you think Turris could work on the wing ? Spezza and ROR for #1 and #2 and have Turris ready if Spezza's back gives out again.

You can move Smith to the wing, ROR to the wing, who cares. It's not like players are 100% a center or a winger at times. He's a guy you want on your team and you find a way to make things work around it. ROR is 100% capable of playing the winger but even then centering the 3rd line with PP and PK time is just fine.

It's not an NHL13 game here.

Uhhhh....what? Everything you just wrote implies a video game mentality. The bolded part makes no sense. However I agree it's easier to move to wing than to center but that doesn't mean they'll be better in those positions

You can easily move Smith to the wing in this case, no problem. Having another guy that can step in and take a draw if your center man gets kicked out is huge. Injuries occur and you move Smith back to the middle if need be as well. You need to shorten your bench and you want to have 4 capable centers still, you have JOB or Smith.

Moving to the wing is a fairly easy transition, more so than any other transition in terms of players bouncing around the ice.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Unsung heroes tonight were JOB, philips, and weircioch. Also liked gryba's game you can just see how comfortable him and weircioch are with each other.

Not impressed with Lundin man not at all. The guy who really needs to get going is gonchar man where's his motor on the PP.

All in all the underhanded sens went in and beat the EC leading devils in their own barn....albeit a shootout.

Gryba is a lot better than I thought he was. Didn't know he has the offensive instincts that he has shown. He runs around a lot but that is nothing that MacLean can't teach. He's a decent skater, bomb of a shot, knows when to jump into the rush and offensive zone, and plays a rough game... I think they have their other RH D man but it's a small sample size. Hopefully he can prove this the entire year.

Weircioch / gryba is an ideal third pairing for the future.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/18/avs-oreilly-on-sens-radar

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

You could drive an OC Transpo bus through Bishop's 5-hole, Devils all missed today.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Isn't wing a little trickier since you have to predict where the puck will be whereas a center just goes where the puck goes?

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:
NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Unsung heroes tonight were JOB, philips, and weircioch. Also liked gryba's game you can just see how comfortable him and weircioch are with each other.

Not impressed with Lundin man not at all. The guy who really needs to get going is gonchar man where's his motor on the PP.

All in all the underhanded sens went in and beat the EC leading devils in their own barn....albeit a shootout.

Gryba is a lot better than I thought he was. Didn't know he has the offensive instincts that he has shown. He runs around a lot but that is nothing that MacLean can't teach. He's a decent skater, bomb of a shot, knows when to jump into the rush and offensive zone, and plays a rough game... I think they have their other RH D man but it's a small sample size. Hopefully he can prove this the entire year.

Weircioch / gryba is an ideal third pairing for the future.

With Methot and Cowen I don't think any of the 3rd pairing left side guys are a lock for any extended period of time, fact of the matter that is the most replaceable postion in the Senators organization. Gryba on the other hand plays the right side and does a lot of the tougher things needed to win hockey games. I like Weircioch and think he will be a pretty solid NHLer at some point but he could be traded tomorrow with a blink of an eye.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
With Methot and Cowen I don't think any of the 3rd pairing left side guys are a lock for any extended period of time, fact of the matter that is the most replaceable postion in the Senators organization. Gryba on the other hand plays the right side and does a lot of the tougher things needed to win hockey games. I like Weircioch and think he will be a pretty solid NHLer at some point but he could be traded tomorrow with a blink of an eye.

We need someone who can move the puck up the ice other than EK. Wiercioch is our best bet right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

NEELY wrote:

I maintain that from the 2nd shift Gryba had after he cost us a goal, he's been fantastic. Love how he sneaks in back door and waits for passes. Really surprised he has that element in his game.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/18/avs-oreilly-on-sens-radar

I got a feeling the Laffs will get him. They'll trade Gardiner +.

After Anderson trade I wonder if Sherman would even deal with us again lol.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I don't doubt Murray has shown interest but the price will have to come down. In my opinion Zibanejad + bishop is more than enough for o'reilly but it concerns me that is too much (assuming Colorado needs a goalie. Varlamov is kinda meh)

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Roster player, pick, prospect... we have a lot of those (except a 2nd round pick). But then again it doesn't mean anything, roster player could be Michalek or could be MIke Lundin, prospect could be Dziurzinski or Zibanejad...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:

Will he be fired before he makes the deal?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Hoags wrote:

Hey, they got Landeskog and we got Zibanejad. At the time of the trade they were a few spots ahead of us in the standings.
That's the best tank job you'll ever see

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

LeKing wrote:
That's the best tank job you'll ever see

I wonder if that was the plan lol. We could always get Tank Commander Elliott from the Blues, guarantee we'd be #1 in the draft Laughing3

NEELY wrote:

Wasn't he +28 in the AHL after all the callups ? He's gotta be doing something right down there.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We need a puck mover now for the right side. It would really help our breakout.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Michallica wrote:Isn't wing a little trickier since you have to predict where the puck will be whereas a center just goes where the puck goes?

Wing is a lot easier than playing center, it isn't close.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
Michallica wrote:Isn't wing a little trickier since you have to predict where the puck will be whereas a center just goes where the puck goes?

Wing is a lot easier than playing center, it isn't close.

Oh I agree. What I mean to say is that a centerman playing wing could be way out of position and hurt the team but that's what practices are for....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum