GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+18
Oglethorpe
Ev
rooneypoo
The Silfer Server
SensHulk
Hoags
Cap'n Clutch
spader
SeawaySensFan
Flo The Action
sandysensfan
NEELY
tim1_2
Hobiesens
LeCaptain
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 66]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Was that his severance package?

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

if I was the guy taking the picture, he would be buried somewhere in the Nevada desert right now

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anyone catch the '93 (or was it '95?) World Jrs game TSN had on the other night? Wade Redden, Bryan McCabe, Alexandre Daigle, Jason Allison...it was great.

The best was when Bob McKenzie (doing colour commentary) was talking about Daigle's great work ethic. It was also funny when he talked about Jason Allison "not being the greatest skater". Did anyone know Allison once had a 92-point season with the Bruins? Wow.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

tim1_2 wrote:Anyone catch the '93 (or was it '95?) World Jrs game TSN had on the other night? Wade Redden, Bryan McCabe, Alexandre Daigle, Jason Allison...it was great.

The best was when Bob McKenzie (doing colour commentary) was talking about Daigle's great work ethic. It was also funny when he talked about Jason Allison "not being the greatest skater". Did anyone know Allison once had a 92-point season with the Bruins? Wow.

Dude was on the verge of being the best center in the NHL before he hurt his back. He was the perfect player in the dead puck era.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Anyone catch the '93 (or was it '95?) World Jrs game TSN had on the other night? Wade Redden, Bryan McCabe, Alexandre Daigle, Jason Allison...it was great.

My kid was watching it, remarking how slow the game was, how much holding and hooking was going on. It's funny looking back on it now, but the changes in the rules did make the game a lot faster. I still hate those "automatic" hooking penalties where the stick is parallel to the ice and touching the other player, but there is absolutely no hold going on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

18,000 at the ACC to watch the Marlies, making it a new record for a regular season AHL game. Game is also on SN1. The Marlies are 8-1-1 before the break which explains the sudden interest from the hockey fans in the GTA who have never seen a winning streak.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:18,000 at the ACC to watch the Marlies, making it a new record for a regular season AHL game. Game is also on SN1. The Marlies are 8-1-1 before the break which explains the sudden interest from the hockey fans in the GTA who have never seen a winning streak.
Marlies did go to the Calder Cup Finals in 2012...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:18,000 at the ACC to watch the Marlies, making it a new record for a regular season AHL game. Game is also on SN1. The Marlies are 8-1-1 before the break which explains the sudden interest from the hockey fans in the GTA who have never seen a winning streak.
Marlies did go to the Calder Cup Finals in 2012...

Hell, the best games the Leafs play is when they get hit with injuries and call up half the Marlies.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Canada loses opener in Spengler Cup...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1307137--spengler-cup-adler-mannheim-stuns-canada-2-1-in-opener

Adler Mannheim stuns Canada 2-1.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SNet looks back at hockey in 2012...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/12/27/nhl_year_in_review2012/

Some good ones in there...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:SNet looks back at hockey in 2012...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/12/27/nhl_year_in_review2012/

Some good ones in there...

Must be a short article.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Canada loses opener in Spengler Cup...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/article/1307137--spengler-cup-adler-mannheim-stuns-canada-2-1-in-opener

Adler Mannheim stuns Canada 2-1.

Were they all hung over on Jägermeister or something? I can understand losing, but scoring just one lousy goal with all the NHLers in there? Mind you, the winner was scored by an NHLer, too.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Donnybrook in Huntsville:

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The announcer is such a homer, though. The first guy who got into the other bench didn't "fall in", he stepped in forcefully trying to get after someone. *Then* he fell and was surrounded by 3-4 players, but the majority of the other team on the bench just stepped away. So he wasn't being "pummeled by 5 or 6 ... or the entire team". The guy with the stick, he wasn't hitting anyone, looks like he was trying to wedge the stick between players and separate them -- shouldn't use a stick, no way, and he'll get suspended for that, for sure, but to say that was a "wussy move" was just another homer remark.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Meanwhile, over in Europe, in his last game with Jokerit, Karlsson scored a goal and added 4 assists, while getting *17* shots on goal. Maybe that was a typo. I know in some leagues they counts shot attempts (wide ones and blocked ones count). Anyhow, he was on pace for 62 points, and the all time single season record for a defenseman is 53.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
Jan. 6 – CSKA vs Traktor
Jan. 8 – Lev vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 10 – CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 30 – SKA vs Metallurg Mg

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:RDS negotiated a deal with the KHL. They will show 8 games in January, plus the All Star Game. Gotta be better than what I've seen so far of the Spengler Cup. And I get RDS in HD. Bonus.

Provisional schedule of games to be shown in January 2013:
Jan. 6 – CSKA vs Traktor
Jan. 8 – Lev vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 10 – CSKA vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 16 - Avangard vs CSKA
Jan. 22 - Dynamo Moscow vs SKA
Jan. 26 - Dynamo Moscow vs Traktor
Jan. 28 - Dynamo Moscow vs Metallurg Mg
Jan. 30 – SKA vs Metallurg Mg

I wonder if they still will broadcast the KHL games when the NHL is back? Probably different timeslots anyway.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Won't have to worry until the 22nd. If ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 66]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 66  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum