GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Olympics 2012

+9
Hoags
NEELY
spader
Amnesia021
Ev
SeawaySensFan
wprager
shabbs
sens4win
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

136Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:28 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
What the hell was the deal with the opening and closing ceremonies? Other than some good musical acts, they were totally whacky. I guess this is usually the case...from what I remember of Vancouver's ceremonies, they were pretty strange too. I don't really get why countries feel the need to "one up" the previous Olympics when it comes to the opening/closing ceremonies...talk about a giant waste of money.

That's pretty much what the Olympics are(trying to one up the world as the host country), although China really brought the need to "one up" the rest of the world.

And the Olympics are a huge waste of money, I don't think any country that hosts gets that money back.

It took 30 years to pay off the Big Owe in Montreal as an extreme example.

137Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:45 am

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

London could've one-upped the whole world for eternity if they just showed Freddie Mercury on the Jumbotron. End.

138Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:58 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They did show Freddie Mercury. What I was hoping for was a giant hologram of Freddie Mercury, and I did not get that.

139Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:01 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:They did show Freddie Mercury. What I was hoping for was a giant hologram of Freddie Mercury, and I did not get that.

I know. Then my dreams were dashed when some hip-hop r + b broad showed up.

I all seriousness, I was expecting a hologram with the rest of the band. What a Cussing bummer.

140Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:04 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Brian May is Cussing old, I was shocked.

141Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:13 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hoags wrote:Brian May is Cussing old, I was shocked.

And when they showed Paul McCartney my kids thought it was some woman. If he's had some work done then it must have been paid by the UK free health care; if he hadn't, maybe he should consider it. Or just cut his hair -- he actually doesn't look old, he just doesn't look right.

I miss Freddy. Never did get to see him live, unfortunately.

142Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:38 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:Brian May is Cussing old, I was shocked.

And when they showed Paul McCartney my kids thought it was some woman. If he's had some work done then it must have been paid by the UK free health care; if he hadn't, maybe he should consider it. Or just cut his hair -- he actually doesn't look old, he just doesn't look right.

I miss Freddy. Never did get to see him live, unfortunately.

I have a vague recollection of Joe Piscopo (as Frank Sinatra) calling him the Beatle that "looks like a broad."

143Summer Olympics 2012  - Page 10 Empty Re: Summer Olympics 2012 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I always thought Paul looked more like a young boy (until he grew that playoff beard). Are you sure Piscopo didn't mean George?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum