GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+12
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
wprager
ddt
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 11]

151FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Doan talking with the Canucks, among others...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/10/shane_doan_free_agent_phoenix_coyotes_vancouver_canucks/

152FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

A media guy, not one of those rumor guys.

153FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

Eastern Conference eh? That offer would be over 7.5 million annually. I like Sugar Shane Doan but that just can't be true.

154FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:21 pm

shabbs wrote:Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leopold was quoted yesterday as saying he felt the money for Parise and Suter was too much and that this was a problem that needed to be fixed. They complain, yet they keep doing it. I guess they feel if they don't doll out the $$$, some other team will, which is very true. They are their own worst enemy.

I saw that clip of him talking about the signings, and in the same breath crying that it was too much money. Pretty hard to feel for the guy, or take his claims seriously when he spends that kind of money.

It's aggravating to hear this sort of talk from an owner. This is why there is a CBA, to control the uncontrollable. And it's not working. This balloon is going to burst again, and soon.

155FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Eastern Conference eh? That offer would be over 7.5 million annually. I like Sugar Shane Doan but that just can't be true.

The Rangers are in the Eastern Conference. It's believable.

156FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:22 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

Hoags wrote:Just change how the cap hit works IMO, if you're going to give a player 12M up front + salary, make the caphit for that year $14M or whatever it adds up to.

If teams want to screw themselves over let them, it's amusing to see Rangers, Canucks etc. get stuck in their respective long contracts.

That's the ticket.. have the cap hit the actual salary each year .. not the average yrly over the term of the contract.

157FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:24 pm

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Would that be Toronto? or the Rangers?

158FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 pm

shabbs wrote:Doan talking with the Canucks, among others...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/10/shane_doan_free_agent_phoenix_coyotes_vancouver_canucks/

Whoever lands this cheap shot artist will be overpaying. I'm going to chuck a wobbly if it's the Sens.

159FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about a WACKY scenario where Ben Bishop is traded and Ottawa signs THE DOMINATOR Dom Hasek???!?!!?!!

160FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Ridiculous. What a stupid contract that would be.

161FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:How about a WACKY scenario where Ben Bishop is traded and Ottawa signs THE DOMINATOR Dom Hasek???!?!!?!!

So he can get injured and leave us high and dry again ?

162FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Some are speculating that it was the NYI (overpaying to reach the floor), which would explain why Doan didn't immediately sign on the dotted line.

163FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Some are speculating that it was the NYI (overpaying to reach the floor), which would explain why Doan didn't immediately sign on the dotted line.

4 years though? Until he's 39?

164FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:42 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

4 years though? Until he's 39?

I'm not suggesting that it's a good deal or anything. Just reporting what I saw.

165FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

Makes sense. Sugar Shane would be a fool not to take that sweet, sweet cash otherwise.

166FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:39 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

$1.6M for Wellwood for another year in the Peg. Good deal if he can continue to produce.

167FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 11 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

He's a solid 3rd/4th liner at worst. You need guys like that. He's also one of the bets PKers apparently.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum