GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency!

+12
rooneypoo
stempniaksen
sandysensfan
wprager
ddt
spader
shabbs
PTFlea
Hoags
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

136FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:55 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

What part of him makes you think he will fit in with MacLean? Guy would be a bust in this market, similar to how unpopular Kovalev was.

You don't need a NTC, nobody wants him.

He's exactly the type of player that fits in to any teams system, doesn't matter who's. The questions surrounding him are not about his game, it's about when he decides to show up and play it.

137FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
He's exactly the type of player that fits in to any teams system, doesn't matter who's. The questions surrounding him are not about his game, it's about when he decides to show up and play it.

Well certainly not Dale Hunter's neutral zone trap hockey. He'd do well here, shame we don't have any Russians here to help smooth things over (Gonchar is gone in 1 year tops).

138FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, not a system like Hitchcock, Tippett, Hunter, Tortorella...none of those really. He needs a slightly up tempo system to excel.

139FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, not a system like Hitchcock, Tippett, Hunter, Tortorella...none of those really. He needs a slightly up tempo system to excel.

To get the most for your money, yah, Semin needs to be in an offensively friendly system... that said he's talented enough to play anywhere for anyone. He's a top 5 talent in the NHL, maybe top 3.

140FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:59 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Yeah, not a system like Hitchcock, Tippett, Hunter, Tortorella...none of those really. He needs a slightly up tempo system to excel.

To get the most for your money, yah, Semin needs to be in an offensively friendly system... that said he's talented enough to play anywhere for anyone. He's a top 5 talent in the NHL, maybe top 3.

So was Kovaloaf.

141FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:27 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

spader wrote:
NEELY wrote:

So was Kovaloaf.

Yup he was but in his prime he was awesome. The Sens got Kovalev at 38, not 28.

142FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:44 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of semin playing with spezza....lot easier to reach the cap floor with him and all but guarantees a full development season for zibby and stone. AND Murray gives up no prospects, as he would have with nash/ryan

143FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Okay, okay...

Final offer:

3 years, 18 million.

NTC in year 1, limited NTC in years 2 and 3.

:crossarms:

What part of him makes you think he will fit in with MacLean? Guy would be a bust in this market, similar to how unpopular Kovalev was.

You don't need a NTC, nobody wants him.

There's all kinds of talk that he may go to Detroit -- well, that's MacLean hockey (except he brought the Norris trophy over with him when he left the Wings).

Why wouldn't he fit in with MacLean's system? He can skate, he's good defensively, he can snipe. I think he fits here, but I worry that sometimes he switches off - a la Kovalev.

144FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Any chance the Sens make Eminger an offer? Before his last two years with the Rags he was reasonably productive. I realize it causes another logjam, but he'd be a cheap RH shot.

145FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Minnesota Wild owner Craig Leopold was quoted yesterday as saying he felt the money for Parise and Suter was too much and that this was a problem that needed to be fixed. They complain, yet they keep doing it. I guess they feel if they don't doll out the $$$, some other team will, which is very true. They are their own worst enemy.

146FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:19 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, it's funny listening to the guy who agreed to shell out the big bucks say that it was "too much"…but of course he has a point. Still, when you make it your mission to land the top two free agents on the market, you're gonna pay through the nose.

I think they really need to cap contract lengths in the new CBA, but I doubt this will happen…it's too sweet for the players to give up.

147FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:33 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Just change how the cap hit works IMO, if you're going to give a player 12M up front + salary, make the caphit for that year $14M or whatever it adds up to.

If teams want to screw themselves over let them, it's amusing to see Rangers, Canucks etc. get stuck in their respective long contracts.

148FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:08 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What happened to "After Parise and Suter land, the FA market will open up"? They landed and the two biggest deals to sign since are Matt Carle and Cussing Fedotenko.

The NHL owes me a day of signings. :crossarms: Interesting ones, please.

149FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:What happened to "After Parise and Suter land, the FA market will open up"? They landed and the two biggest deals to sign since are Matt Carle and Cussing Fedotenko.

The NHL owes me a day of signings. :crossarms: Interesting ones, please.

I know. What a bunch of bull$hit.

150FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:48 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

THE FLOODGATES ARE NOW OPEN!!!!!!

*no one walks through*

Bah.

151FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:59 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Doan talking with the Canucks, among others...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/07/10/shane_doan_free_agent_phoenix_coyotes_vancouver_canucks/

152FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

A media guy, not one of those rumor guys.

153FA Tracker!  ALL things Free Agency! - Page 10 Empty Re: FA Tracker! ALL things Free Agency! Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big Ev wrote:Wow:

John Gambadoro
@Gambo620

NHL source just confirmed to me that an Eastern Conference team has offered Coyotes Captain Shane Doan a 4-year deal worth more than 30 mill

A media guy, not one of those rumor guys.

Eastern Conference eh? That offer would be over 7.5 million annually. I like Sugar Shane Doan but that just can't be true.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum