GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 60]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Devils outshooting Panthers 3 to 1 (34 to 11) but the score is tied. Florida had to put in Clemmenson because of some injury (?) to Theodore. If you recall, Clemmenson was backup to Brodeur for a few years.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Off to OT. Powerplays are 4-1 Devils which likely explains some of the shot count disparity.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Boo, the Devils won. Game 7s all around.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Then, during the supplemental discipline phase, if a significant injury resulted from an illegal play, then the player and the team are penalized. Take a 2nd round pick from Nashville and give it to Chicago. Have some scale. Maybe tie it to compensation based on the player's cap hit, similar to RFA compensation. Take out a $4M player, pay a 3rd rounder. Take out a $6M player, 2nd rounder.

For real? Quite ridiculous.

NFL takes draft picks away all the time to penalize teams.

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about the NHL. I suppose you would also like non-guaranteed contracts in the NHL?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Boo, the Devils won. Game 7s all around.

What are you talking about? I picked the Devils in 7. This is perfect!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Then, during the supplemental discipline phase, if a significant injury resulted from an illegal play, then the player and the team are penalized. Take a 2nd round pick from Nashville and give it to Chicago. Have some scale. Maybe tie it to compensation based on the player's cap hit, similar to RFA compensation. Take out a $4M player, pay a 3rd rounder. Take out a $6M player, 2nd rounder.

For real? Quite ridiculous.

NFL takes draft picks away all the time to penalize teams.

Oh, sorry, I thought we were talking about the NHL. I suppose you would also like non-guaranteed contracts in the NHL?

Concepts from other sports leagues have made their way into the NHL. We didn't used to have 3 divisions per conference, salary cap, rookie max salary. Probably 3/4 of the current CBA contents was not in the previous one and I'd bet the origin of most of these can be traced back to other leagues.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Chimera takes a crappy penalty with just over 2 minutes to play in a tied game 7. Brutal call against the Caps.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Just feels like Washington is gonna take this game

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ovechkin is terrible

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yeeeeeah Caps!!!! Even though I hate them too!!!

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The NHL12 rule was in full force tonight! Joel Ward!

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

The East is just about as wide open as it can be.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

East could end up with the 5,6,7,8 seeds advancing. Crazy Dung.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:The NHL12 rule was in full force tonight! Joel Ward!

Ward was the only one in the first period with less ice time than Ovechkin. They are winning without #8 and with their third-stringer in goal. That's awesome. But I wonder if Holtby just won his Cup, for now? Can he continue like that?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, unreal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394312

While Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward's series-winning overtime goal on Wednesday had hockey fans celebrating in the U.S. capital, it brought a backlash of racist remarks from a number of Boston Bruins fans on Twitter.

"We lost...to a hockey playing n----- ... what kind of s--- is this," a user named @Mahdawg_Jake wrote.

"I can't believe the series winner was scored by a f------ n-----," user @GorgeousGreg10 tweeted.

Ward, a Canadian whose parents emigrated from Barbados, scored to knock out the defending Stanley Cup champions at 2:57 of overtime for a 2-1 Washington win.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Wow, unreal:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394312

While Washington Capitals forward Joel Ward's series-winning overtime goal on Wednesday had hockey fans celebrating in the U.S. capital, it brought a backlash of racist remarks from a number of Boston Bruins fans on Twitter.

"We lost...to a hockey playing n----- ... what kind of s--- is this," a user named @Mahdawg_Jake wrote.

"I can't believe the series winner was scored by a f------ n-----," user @GorgeousGreg10 tweeted.

Ward, a Canadian whose parents emigrated from Barbados, scored to knock out the defending Stanley Cup champions at 2:57 of overtime for a 2-1 Washington win.

Pretty sure those guys are racists.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://chirpstory.com/li/6781

This site collected a bunch of the Tweets. These are stupid, immature kids. They think they can say whatever they want behind a computer and not have to face any backlash.

Just like this kid though e could - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2121003/Liam-Stacey-jail-tweeting-abuse-Fabrice-Muamba.html - now he is going to jail.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Did you see the twitter battle between the president of the Panthers and some Devils fans? At one point he tweeted to a female Devils fan "You have 70 followers; nobody cares about your opinion".

So PuckDaddy replied "She needs 2000 followers to pass him; Go!"

Not sure if she's passed him or not, whatever. Anyhow he has, since, apologized, and is flying her and her dad out to the game tonight, to be guests in his suite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 46 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum