GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Playoff Talk... All the Time... 2012 Edition

+20
sandysensfan
Tuk Tuk
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
stempniaksen
dennycrane
Hobiesens
Hoags
Riprock
Flo The Action
spader
Cap'n Clutch
cash
rooneypoo
SensGirl11
Ev
PTFlea
wprager
tim1_2
shabbs
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45 ... 60  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 60]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Riprock wrote:I want the past 3 stanley cup champs to be eliminated. One down, 2 more to go. Lets go Washington and Phoenix.

That would work for me too Smile

Where does Detroit sit? They won not too long ago, no?

Yup. '08.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Interesting:

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏ @dchesnokov
Chara told me tonight he didn't expect the series to be so low scoring, tight. The first in history to be decided by one goal in first 6 gms

What are the chances the last one goes to OT?

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

Canucks are done, Stoll scores in OT 2-1 Final.

We are now officially "Canada's Team " Smile

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:What happens with the Sharks? I assume McLellan will be axed. I would axe him for sure - and there's nothing wrong with him, but that's probably enough.

They underachieved but were 2 or 3 points out of first in that division. If I were SJ, I would try and retool on the fly. They could trade one big name and get some young assets and probably still be competitive.

The Sharks also ran into a well-oiled machine in St. Louis.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:What happens with the Sharks? I assume McLellan will be axed. I would axe him for sure - and there's nothing wrong with him, but that's probably enough.

They underachieved but were 2 or 3 points out of first in that division. If I were SJ, I would try and retool on the fly. They could trade one big name and get some young assets and probably still be competitive.

The Sharks also ran into a well-oiled machine in St. Louis.

That's fair, but how many times can you be a bridesmaid before it gets really old?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In hockey, lots. The wedding planner might get canned, though.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I missed Pierre McGuire this morning. Did he make any ridiculous excuses for his beloved Wings?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed Pierre McGuire this morning. Did he make any ridiculous excuses for his beloved Wings?

He didn't make any ridiculous excuses. He said the Wings aren't far off, and just require some minor adjustments. He also said he picked Nashville to be in the finals (versus the Pens), so he wasn't surprised that Nashville beat the Wings.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I missed Pierre McGuire this morning. Did he make any ridiculous excuses for his beloved Wings?

He didn't make any ridiculous excuses. He said the Wings aren't far off, and just require some minor adjustments. He also said he picked Nashville to be in the finals (versus the Pens), so he wasn't surprised that Nashville beat the Wings.

That sucks. Ridiculous excuses would have been funnier. Anyway, I'm delighted that those overrated chumps are out of the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

TSN tweets Halak to miss 1st two games of the Conference Semis against LA. I wonder if LA will run Elliott?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Blackhawks are effectively done. 4ish mins left down 4-0.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

The second-round matchups for the West are LAK vs. STL and NSH vs. PHX.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Blackhawks are effectively done. 4ish mins left down 4-0.

I hate that... the Coyotes had the better goalie.. but would the Blackhawks have had a better chance if Hossa wasn't taken out of the series.. big advantage Coyotes.. and I'm pissed off.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:The second-round matchups for the West are LAK vs. STL and NSH vs. PHX.

Hilarious. And nice to see some unfamiliar faces.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, sometimes you wonder if the NHL needs to do something more than just punish the player when his action creates such a decisive advantage to his team.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Yep, sometimes you wonder if the NHL needs to do something more than just punish the player when his action creates such a decisive advantage to his team.

Well, the punishment in a game should have been a 5-minute major for Torres, but the refs missed the call. To be honest, when I saw the hit for the FIRST time, at full-speed, it was hard to tell if it was dirty. Seemed a little late, seemed like he left his feet, but I wasn't sure until I saw the replay.

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not emotionally invested in the Blackhawks, as that would be a bitter pill to swallow.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Yep, sometimes you wonder if the NHL needs to do something more than just punish the player when his action creates such a decisive advantage to his team.

As long as the NHL refuses to do anything additional, this stuff will continue to happen. Most teams out there will take any advantage that is offered to them, and knocking out a star player is a very big advantage, so the key is to make sure that taking out a player from another team provides the offending team with no advantage whatsoever. Make them sit a star for an injured star.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:

As long as the NHL refuses to do anything additional, this stuff will continue to happen. Most teams out there will take any advantage that is offered to them, and knocking out a star player is a very big advantage, so the key is to make sure that taking out a player from another team provides the offending team with no advantage whatsoever. Make them sit a star for an injured star.

Will never ever ever happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 60]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 45 ... 60  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum