GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carolina Hurricanes @ Ottawa Senators, Tuesday, April 3, 2012, 7:00 PM EST

+11
Flo The Action
Hobiesens
Ev
Hoags
wprager
tim1_2
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 13]

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
I think so too - even if it's as a 7th D-man, I think they try to sign Carkner.

Well we still need a #6 D-man if he's #7, assuming we're not keeping Gilroy.
Then I ask what was the point of the Lee/Girloy trade?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

That's where Foligno + our 1st comes in I think. Any ideas on what young D-man we could acquire.

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

Lee wasn't in our future plans, we had him on waivers a few times with no takers. They thought Gilroy might be a good replacement (A decent D-man who can skate and move the puck). Doesn't look like it'll work out so we'll have to go elsewhere.

SpezDispenser wrote:
That's where Foligno + our 1st comes in I think. Any ideas on what young D-man we could acquire.

Not really sure why we'd trade Foligno now, 46 points, 5th in team scoring and good physical play. Yeah he's streaky and all ...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Lee wasn't in our future plans, we had him on waivers a few times with no takers. They thought Gilroy might be a good replacement (A decent D-man who can skate and move the puck). Doesn't look like it'll work out so we'll have to go elsewhere.

SpezDispenser wrote:

Not really sure why we'd trade Foligno now, 46 points, 5th in team scoring and good physical play. Yeah he's streaky and all ...

I like Foligno a lot actually, really great young leader, but we need to figure out if he's worth keeping as a quasi-top six, or maximize his value now and try to trade him + 1st.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Bogosian? Sarcasm

I agree in trading Foligno though. This is as high as his trade value will be with us IMO. He can maybe get to 50+ points next season but we've got some depth now that we can cover the spread. He's awfully streaky though and find he dangles more than he should. Wish he could go back to how he was playing when he pissed Crosby off.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:

SpezDispenser wrote:

I like Foligno a lot actually, really great young leader, but we need to figure out if he's worth keeping as a quasi-top six, or maximize his value now and try to trade him + 1st.

What's needed is for another team to make us realize he's not worth keeping, ie. a nutty offer for young Foligno that Murray just can't pass up. Otherwise, he's a "hold."

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Foligno for Trevor Daley :D

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And I was simply eluding to the reason he was IN was because Gonch was OUT.

Wink

Irrespective of who we played and if we had won or lost...

And I'm just alluding that Gilroy bashing is generally warranted, he's not good at all Naughty

The whole team lost last night, Andy let a softie in, we had a goal waved off, Neil was in playoff mode, the refs were in preseason mode.... etc.

Boy, imagine if he had also used irregardless in place of irrespective? One of us may have blown a gasket. Phew! Dodged one, there.

Let me try:

What did you mean by "Dodged one?"

Sneaky

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
wprager wrote:
Hoags wrote:
shabbs wrote:
And I was simply eluding to the reason he was IN was because Gonch was OUT.

Wink

Irrespective of who we played and if we had won or lost...

And I'm just alluding that Gilroy bashing is generally warranted, he's not good at all Naughty

The whole team lost last night, Andy let a softie in, we had a goal waved off, Neil was in playoff mode, the refs were in preseason mode.... etc.

Boy, imagine if he had also used irregardless in place of irrespective? One of us may have blown a gasket. Phew! Dodged one, there.

Let me try:

What did you mean by "Dodged one?"

Sneaky

Very crafty, old friend. Cheers

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
Heh. You "pragered" me. Correct spelling != correct grammar.

Wink

Maybe I should really start keeping stats. I was actually making fun of myself there (saying how I almost blew a gasket -- you didn't seriously think that I am that riled up over these things, right?) But actual, real corrections (and not the typos that lead to some inadvertently clever/funny stuff) -- I defy anyone here to find a recent one.

Go on. Go now, you've been defied. Go ahead, I'll wait.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Maybe I should really start keeping stats. I was actually making fun of myself there (saying how I almost blew a gasket -- you didn't seriously think that I am that riled up over these things, right?) But actual, real corrections (and not the typos that lead to some inadvertently clever/funny stuff) -- I defy anyone here to find a recent one.

I picture you curled up in a ball rocking back and forth in the corner of a room when Neely starts posting...

Wink

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

I picture you curled up in a ball rocking back and forth in the corner of a room when Neely starts posting...

Wink

Spezza seems to be saying "Don't you mean NEELY?!?!"

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
I agree in trading Foligno though. This is as high as his trade value will be with us IMO. He can maybe get to 50+ points next season but we've got some depth now that we can cover the spread. He's awfully streaky though and find he dangles more than he should. Wish he could go back to how he was playing when he pissed Crosby off.

Who is going to replace his production next year ? As well as the amount of hits he puts out ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
Michallica wrote:

Who is going to replace his production next year ? As well as the amount of hits he puts out ?

The hits are an issue, but the production may not be with the infusion of young talent coming. I could see Silfverberg equalling him in points (maybe more like 30, but close), Zibanejad will be a hitter, Stone can come in and play, Noesen is THE guy that will replace Foligno I think.

Don't forget, I'm not proposing moving Foligno for a pick or anything, I'm proposing a guy like Bogosian (perhaps not him because the Jets won't let him go, but someone young and good).

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
The hits are an issue, but the production may not be with the infusion of young talent coming. I could see Silfverberg equalling him in points (maybe more like 30, but close), Zibanejad will be a hitter, Stone can come in and play, Noesen is THE guy that will replace Foligno I think.

Don't forget, I'm not proposing moving Foligno for a pick or anything, I'm proposing a guy like Bogosian (perhaps not him because the Jets won't let him go, but someone young and good).

Except for Silf (maybe Zib) none of those players will likely hit such numbers(or even be in the NHL) anytime soon.

We'd be downgrading the team in the short term at least.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hoags wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Except for Silf (maybe Zib) none of those players will likely hit such numbers(or even be in the NHL) anytime soon.

We'd be downgrading the team in the short term at least.

We'll see, I see Foligno's production and his style of play as slightly redundant personally, but what makes him special is his leadership and hits.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Wink

Wink

Actually NEELY's posts have been fine. He's slipping Smile

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
We'll see, I see Foligno's production and his style of play as slightly redundant personally, but what makes him special is his leadership and hits.

It's only redundant if someone replaces what he provides, or exceeds it. Right now I don't see anything.

We can't have another soft team or we'll just have a repeat of '07, assuming we make it to the SCF again.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum