GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed)

+11
dennycrane
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
spader
shabbs
Number Twenty Nine
Hoags
SensHulk
tim1_2
wprager
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 17]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:Any olg geezers giving advice in here? I'm looking for one that's really, really olg. Sarcasm

I think that's being discussed in one of the olg GTDs/

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BlackBerry is still around??? Haven't they gone under yet?

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cap'n Clutch wrote:BlackBerry is still around??? Haven't they gone under yet?
Buckle UP!!!!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NetFlix just announced they won't be making an app for BB. Nail, meet coffin.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:NetFlix just announced they won't be making an app for BB. Nail, meet coffin.

Far from it Boxing

Not one to use a twitter handle but......#hatersgonnahate

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

tim1_2 wrote:NetFlix just announced they won't be making an app for BB. Nail, meet coffin.
Android one can be ported...

Wink

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:OK, time to talk apps. I'm getting ScoreMobile -- I assume that will get me game updates and enough to keep me connected sports-wise.

Any Snes-related themes out there? Even just a background? How about some Sens ring tones?

Yeah there's a Sens Army theme but it is an old app and may not be supported on most newer BB's and/or OS. It's free though. Doesn't work on my 9300.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/8440/?lang=en

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
Here's a screenshot of my 9900's main screen...

BlackBerry Bold - new user's thread (old geezers with advice welcomed) - Page 2 Capture133046

The weather icon is BerryWeather, and it has the temp in the notificatoin bar. MeterBerry puts the battery power level in the notifications area as well.

Best thing to do is just get in and poke around. Check out CrackBerry.com for a TON of good how-to info and what not. Very good community in there.

Enjoy your new berry.

That's beautiful man! Sad

Awesome rundown.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I took that pic too... that was Hurricane Irene moving in on us in Myrtle Beach. Man that was some crazy Dung we went through.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

The only thing that drives me absoulely nuts on the BB platform is all the Windows-esque effing restarting.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:So, what I gather from the BB threads, is that the BB is good for incredibly complex, inefficient things, whereas the iPhone is good if you want to be able to do actual stuff, like play AngryBirds.

FYP

Please understand that I had not read a stitch of instructions. I don't know what any of the icons are and I hadn't figured out how to "hover" over an icon without clicking it (the center button is actually a pointing devices -- you can stroke it to scroll left/right/up/down and it selects the icons without launching them, and the name is then displayed in the bar above).

Anyhow, I've been playing around with the mail application. Right now on my screen I have three "Envelope" icons. One is labeled AOL ans is for my personal e-mail. The other is called "Desktop", the icon includes a briefcase in front of the envelope, and the third one is called "Messages". It looks like "Messages" will show me all the new (unread) messages from both my e-mail accounts, as well as other messages, like alerts about updates to apps I have installed. Who knows what else is there. It's not WUPHF but it's getting there.

Also, I really like how, when I tap to look at a particular e-mail, I can scroll up/down to view previous messages in the "conversation", including *replies* I had sent. Can't do that in Outlook (you can organize by conversation, but in your Inbox you will still only see stuff you received, so unless you CCd yourself you won't see your own replies). I *really* like this feature.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hey, Shabbs, where do I find BerryWeather? I searched the BB App World and didn't find it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Hey, Shabbs, where do I find BerryWeather? I searched the BB App World and didn't find it.
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1062/?lang=EN

Also called BeWeather.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Prager - take the time to read the manual and get to understand the BB OS. It is different. Much like picking up an Android phone.

Don't worry, we'll have you loading up the latest leaked OS in no time. Not to worry. Heh heh.

OS 7.1 now has a WiFi hotspot functionality and other cool stuff.

Wink

Also, be sure to install Desktop Manager and sync/backup regularly.

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Using BB OS after using Apple IOS is like going to a black and white tube TV from a 70" 1080P plasma.

I like the physical keyboard that's about it.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:
wprager wrote:Hey, Shabbs, where do I find BerryWeather? I searched the BB App World and didn't find it.

Also called BeWeather.

Ah, that one I *did* find. How is the free version different from the $ one?

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Prager - take the time to read the manual and get to understand the BB OS. It is different. Much like picking up an Android phone.

Don't worry, we'll have you loading up the latest leaked OS in no time. Not to worry. Heh heh.

OS 7.1 now has a WiFi hotspot functionality and other cool stuff.

Wink

Also, be sure to install Desktop Manager and sync/backup regularly.

Also has blackberry media server (can be accessed by PS3!) and newest bridge app allows you to remote control your playbook or computer or anything it can use bluetooth with.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Also called BeWeather.

Ah, that one I *did* find. How is the free version different from the $ one?
The differences are outlined here:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/5350/?lang=EN

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum