GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trade Bonanza 2012! Speculation, Rumours, the Works!

+23
KidKarlsson
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Ev
Da lil Guy
TheAvatar
Number Twenty Nine
stempniaksen
SensHulk
spader
Cap'n Clutch
BigRig
Oglethorpe
cash
NEELY
dennycrane
wprager
SeawaySensFan
Hoags
tim1_2
shabbs
PTFlea
Riprock
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 65 of 67]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Also...anyone get the feeling that he might suffer away from Nashville's system and potentially away from Weber?

Of course. Kinda like how the old New Jersey system made Niedermayer, Stevens, and Brodeur into legends.

Mostly this guy. Stevens was more legendary for hitting people into retirement, which is frowned upon now.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
Hoags wrote:Zidlicky has agreed to waive his NTC to go to the Devils. Trade hasn't happened yet though.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=387874

Makes sense, if any team needs a PMD it's NJ.

Damn. This is a nice player, wanted him here.

For a moment, I did too. Then I remembered we can use that money towards getting Suter in the off-season Ahhhhh!

It's not gonna happen though IMO. If you were to tell me that Suter was a guarantee, then I'd say let's not get anyone and let's focus our 6.5 million on him, but I hate the crapshoot that is free agency. Plus he's American and he likely would want to go to an American team (IMO).

Also...anyone get the feeling that he might suffer away from Nashville's system and potentially away from Weber?

I seriously think that means nothing at all. Guys wanna win the Cup, they don't care about that kind of stuff.

I don't think it matters too much either to be honest, but when he gets the choice between 8 American teams...and us, who is he more likely to pick?

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Team with $$$ and best chance at winning? There's also best shot at winning now and winning in the future.

What's he likely going to ask for? $6.5M? $7M? Maybe the number goes up if the team isn't as good, and maybe the number drops if the team is really good. A lot of the good teams don't have a lot of $$$ left to spend because they already are paying a lot of good players.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:I think we are all forgetting that the Sens biggest FA signing is going to be on Erik Karlsson.

Nobody's forgetting. It's mentioned here almost every single day along with the ridiculous salary predictions.

Not sure what your opinion of ridiculous is, but I would say that it is more likely going to be $6.5M than not. I would use the following contracts to back up my opinion:

Drew Doughty, drafted 2008, signed for $7M/8yrs = $56M
Tyler Myers = drafted 2008, signed for $5.5M/5yrs = $38.5M
Victor Hedman = drafted 2008, signed for $4M/5yrs = $20M
Luke Schenn, drafted 2008, signed for $3.6M/5yrs = $18M
Zach Bogosian, drafted 2008, signed for $2.5M/2yrs = $5M

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Riprock wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Riprock wrote:I think we are all forgetting that the Sens biggest FA signing is going to be on Erik Karlsson.

Nobody's forgetting. It's mentioned here almost every single day along with the ridiculous salary predictions.

Not sure what your opinion of ridiculous is, but I would say that it is more likely going to be $6.5M than not. I would use the following contracts to back up my opinion:

Drew Doughty, drafted 2008, signed for $7M/8yrs = $56M
Tyler Myers = drafted 2008, signed for $5.5M/5yrs = $38.5M
Victor Hedman = drafted 2008, signed for $4M/5yrs = $20M
Luke Schenn, drafted 2008, signed for $3.6M/5yrs = $18M
Zach Bogosian, drafted 2008, signed for $2.5M/2yrs = $5M

I would double his present salary plus a couple of hundred grand to show our appreciation.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I took the time to read through all of the rumours on the spectorhockey website and "Spector"s comments on said rumours. Here's the Cole's Notes version of what I've read: No one is being traded at the deadline, maybe in the summer or not at all.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:I took the time to read through all of the rumours on the spectorhockey website and "Spector"s comments on said rumours. Here's the Cole's Notes version of what I've read: No one is being traded at the deadline, maybe in the summer or not at all.

I guess I can always find something else to do if I take Trade Deadline day off.

I'll play NHL 12 and make my own Trade Deadline day, dammit!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh there'll be movement....

For example:

Washington CANNOT let Semin walk in the summer, they must try to get something in return for him, also must move Knuble and try to get some kind of a 2nd line C (they should have acquired Turris).

Carolina CANNOT afford to not re-sign Ruutu and let him walk in the summer

Carolina must move their UFA D-men - period

Edmonton must re-sign Hemsky, but if they don't he MUST be moved before he walks.

Columbus really should try to get Carter out of town before he gets injured again. Pahlsson etc. all the UFAs from Columbus.

And on and on, there'll be movement....no worries.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Oh there'll be movement....

For example:

Washington CANNOT let Semin walk in the summer, they must try to get something in return for him, also must move Knuble and try to get some kind of a 2nd line C (they should have acquired Turris).

Edmonton must re-sign Hemsky, but if they don't he MUST be moved before he walks.

Columbus really should try to get Carter out of town before he gets injured again. Pahlsson etc. all the UFAs from Columbus.

Spector's not one to shoot down rumours so I'm a little worried. But you've re-assured me somewhat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ottawa not on Nash's list - which is probably a good thing.

TSN suggests:

Vancouver, Philly, NYR, Toronto, Kings.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Ottawa not on Nash's list - which is probably a good thing.

TSN suggests:

SSF suggests:

Inflict career-ending injury on The Nasher at the earliest opportunity.

Beer

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For example:

Errrm....deal in absolutes much?

For Semin/Knuble, I could see both of those guys easily staying put. Washington is in the middle of a playoff race, and teams in this kind of position are usually reluctant to trade away roster players.

Ruutu is injured, so that'll diminish his trade value. He may be resigned (this doesn't do anything for Trade Deadline day).

Hemsky SHOULD be traded (finally).

Columbus...well, agreed, the fire sale should be in full-swing. Trading Carter and/or Nash may not happen until the off-season though. A guy like Pahlsson won't bring in much, so the Blue Jacket's impact on Deadline Day may be minimal.

So, no doubt that there will be trades made, but they may all be pretty minor (again).

It's all yakkityyak at this point, and as more teams fall out of the playoff picture (or climb back in), we'll be able to better speculate as to how interesting the 27th will be.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

TSN suggests:

Would he not want to go where they have a true #1 centre? He has spent his entire career in Columbus not playing with one... 4 of those teams has that... one doesn't. But of course, he is from Brampton -- so I heard.. so I guess that's where Toronto fits in... but what would they have to give up to get him? A signed Grabovski? Lupul? Schenn? -- a lot more than Kadri & Komisarek + a #1 pick.. that's all the Leaf fans think it would cost to get Nash...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

Would he not want to go where they have a true #1 centre? He has spent his entire career in Columbus not playing with one... 4 of those teams has that... one doesn't. But of course, he is from Brampton -- so I heard.. so I guess that's where Toronto fits in... but what would they have to give up to get him? A signed Grabovski? Lupul? Schenn? -- a lot more than Kadri & Komisarek + a #1 pick.. that's all the Leaf fans think it would cost to get Nash...

Not true. Many have shown a willingness to add Orr and Finger to that bountiful package.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

I thought that was ridiculous as well. Let me leave Columbus for the warm confines of...Toronto and Guy X as their top line C.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

For example:

For Semin/Knuble, I could see both of those guys easily staying put. Washington is in the middle of a playoff race, and teams in this kind of position are usually reluctant to trade away roster players.

Ruutu is injured, so that'll diminish his trade value. He may be resigned (this doesn't do anything for Trade Deadline day).

Columbus...well, agreed, the fire sale should be in full-swing. Trading Carter and/or Nash may not happen until the off-season though. A guy like Pahlsson won't bring in much, so the Blue Jacket's impact on Deadline Day may be minimal.

So, no doubt that there will be trades made, but they may all be pretty minor (again).

It's all yakkityyak at this point, and as more teams fall out of the playoff picture (or climb back in), we'll be able to better speculate as to how interesting the 27th will be.

I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

Knuble is gone, if he's not traded by the deadline, I'll be shocked.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

For example:

I'll bet $$ on Washington making a move of some sort - and I think it'll center around Semin ++.

Knuble is gone, if he's not traded by the deadline, I'll be shocked.

I'll see your $$ and raise you a quarter of a double sawbuck.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

sandysensfan wrote:

TSN suggests:

An offer from Toronto is likely going to include Gardiner for sure. One of Kadri, MacArthur, Colborne will probably have to be included and a 1st. If I was Columbus, I'd ask for Gardiner, MacArthur and a 1st. Heh. Schenn could also be on the table I guess. Forget Kadri. Bust.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 65 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66, 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum