GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa @ Dallas , 8:30PM, Thursday, December 1, 2011

+14
Ev
Hobiesens
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
tim1_2
PTFlea
Riprock
shabbs
NEELY
wprager
stempniaksen
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

wprager wrote:I hate to do this, because I really don't think it was their fault, but Filatov just standing around, not a Star in sight, as the winning goal is scored. Should he not have been covering someone? Spezza comes swooping in to the front of the net but the goal was scored from the area where he swooped in *from*? The D were tired and Phillips had good chances to clear it, but managed not to, but was it really the D's fault?

Damn, that was frustrating.

Spezza did a lot of nothing on that last goal and Karlsson was as soft as butter. Phillips was dead tired.

Anyways, w/e, the road trip has been more than successful thus far and even though last night hurt it still has to be taken with a grain of salt. If they can come away with a point or two in Washington on Saturday, then again, it's just a big bonus.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.At least that didn't happen at home

Number Twenty Nine

Veteran
Veteran

As the resident Phillips hater, I have to say he did have a really good game last night....

Last time Washington was in a slump (just before the Winter Classic), it took a win against the Sens to get them back on track Facepalm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yup, Spezza made a lot of mistakes. One play in particular was the 2-on-1 or 2-on-2 with him and Filatov and Souray came back and broke itu p by taking the puck off of him. Potvin said he hesitated as he wanted to hit Filatov and couldn't and he should have been more selfish.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Number Twenty Nine wrote:As the resident Phillips hater, I have to say he did have a really good game last night....

Last time Washington was in a slump (just before the Winter Classic), it took a win against the Sens to get them back on track Facepalm

They kept showing Phillips after every goal it seemed (whether he deserved it or not) but it seemed like he was on the ice for every goal against and they focused in on him.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

there were 2 goals that went in banked off his body - accidental. This is far cry from the other night where he's in front of the net and watches (doesn't attempt to move) the guy pot it in...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

The guy that needs to be better is Spezza. Yah, teams are focusing in on him but he needs to get a little going for himself because as of right now he can thank the defense for providing any offense he happens to be in on.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Spezza was god awful, and I'm not talking about physical effort.
Forcing unnecessary passes. One of those nights when his brain decides to take a rest or something...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The whole team except for Cowen looked pretty bad. Condra, Michalek, and Filatov were really the only exceptions up front....and anderson bailed the sens out alot last night but I wish he coulda found a way to stop the winning goal. I get that he was sticking in his net to cover a possible pass but to be beat like that sucks....

On to the crapitals who seem to relish playing the sens as always.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I thought the team played pretty well for having another game on the road in all honesty. They should have come away with a point or two there but w/e, it happens.

Hopefully the Sens can really find a groove during this next little bit at home. Grabbing some points this month will go a long way in the playoff push.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

also....what a save by raycroft as time expired on alfie. Felt bad for the captain there, that would have been quite the dramatic pick-up for him and the team if he potted that one. Not sure if it would have counted, but snes gotta use that as a motivator

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

good news it the Caps have been terrible under Dale Hunter, albeit in only 2 games. So we should fare well.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:good news it the Caps have been terrible under Dale Hunter, albeit in only 2 games. So we should fare well.

They kept Crysby off the scoresheet. Gotta count for something. Or was that an even game since he's come back? He seemed to be doing a Star Trek thing there for a while.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

NEELY wrote:I thought the team played pretty well for having another game on the road in all honesty. They should have come away with a point or two there but w/e, it happens.

Hopefully the Sens can really find a groove during this next little bit at home. Grabbing some points this month will go a long way in the playoff push.

They played well enough to compete. First period was good, but they just took the rest of the night off. The 3rd period was a no-contest, the stars came to play were way speedier than the sens. way more hustle. Sens just looked tired and weary and the stars took advantage of it. Overall, a Cussing boring game until the last 10 mins of the 3rd period.

I too hope they find that groove because when they had a chance after the boston game, but they completely blew it and lost all 3 games at home.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:good news it the Caps have been terrible under Dale Hunter, albeit in only 2 games. So we should fare well.

They kept Crysby off the scoresheet. Gotta count for something. Or was that an even game since he's come back? He seemed to be doing a Star Trek thing there for a while.

no they were awful last night. They had 4 shots in the 1st, and ONLY 2 in the 2rd, when they should have been putting it on and trying to tie the game.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:

The craps are due big time....and sens traditionally suck at washington. I just hope they can get it to OT

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Philips played too much, on the 3rd Dallas goal he and Karlsson were completely outmuscled.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

LeKid wrote:Philips played too much, on the 3rd Dallas goal he and Karlsson were completely outmuscled.

Didn't help that Mac had Filatov and Spezza out there. Filatov because he isn't ready for that yet and Spezza because he had a poor game. Bah...

Otherwise I thought the Sens played an excellent road game, really deserved a better fate. Puts the pressure on vs Washington a little more than it should.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum