GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GDT - Ottawa vs. Winnipeg - Monday, Sep 26, 4pm EST, CBC

+17
The Silfer Server
Ev
asq2
spader
Hockeyhero22000
SensGirl11
stempniaksen
cash
wprager
shabbs
PTFlea
Da lil Guy
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
SensHulk
tim1_2
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 16]

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Regin might have to be put on the wing. He is a guy that can strike quickly and work the corners, not really a true center IMO. Probably best for him to play beside Spezza or another center with a little vision.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

That's the biggest problem with his as a top-6 centre...he has no vision for passing lanes.

Spezza
DaCosta

Is a surprisingly great tandem. Both have outstanding vision and the ability to get their wingers the puck in prime scoring opportunities. You would never be able to say that about Regin.

cash

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:
cash wrote:
NEELY wrote:Butler hasn't played as well as the guys I threw into the top 6 and Zibanejad has also out played him. Butler is pretty close to useless as a bottom 6 guy, he might be able to stick on the 3rd line as a winger right now but Condra has also been much better.
As you know, the thing about scorers is they'll score when the games matter. If he goes 5 games without touching the score sheet, then there's an issue. I don't think that'll happen though. He has a knack for the net.

I'm pretty sure Alfie doesn't have a point yet, either. Same for Karlsson and Gonchar...
wprager wrote:
NEELY wrote:I don't think Butler has been awful but the guys I listed above have all been much, much better. Butler has been "meh". Kind of like Regin's preseason last year. Butler doesn't look prepared to work.

He's been coasting too much. Time to get those legs moving.
I agree that he doesn't look like he worked very hard in the off-season, but he certainly hasn't been coasting. He doesn't look good, but he also doesn't look lazy.

Alfie has played two games after being out 7 months and having back surgery. Let's just put that into perspective. He didn't look all that great in either game, to be frank. Some said he looked better in the 3rd (which I didn't see) and I'm more than willing to give the guy a break for 10 games or so to get back to game shape.

Karlsson and Gonchar have looked pretty good. I'm pretty sure Karlsson got the assist on Zibanejad's goal -- he had the original shot. The points will come because they've had chances.
I was just using those names as other offensive producers that haven't put up points in the pre-season. Butler has only played 3 games himself... Like I said, 5 games in, we can re-evaluate...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'd keep Zib on the wing plain and simple. He's played well in the position so far. I have no faith that michalek and/or alfie stay healthy this season. I'd keep Dacosta, regin and zib up here in Ottawa.

as for Butler Its been what 5 games into the pre-season? granted he hasn't done much but things could well change when the season starts. heck the flashy players we're seing now could very well be invisible also... see foligno's pre-seasons.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Also if we do keep Da costa and Zib I'm sure we'll see a trade of a roster player before december. Foligno is my bet.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Flo The Action wrote:I'd keep Zib on the wing plain and simple. He's played well in the position so far. I have no faith that michalek and/or alfie stay healthy this season. I'd keep Dacosta, regin and zib up here in Ottawa.

as for Butler Its been what 5 games into the pre-season? granted he hasn't done much but things could well change when the season starts. heck the flashy players we're seing now could very well be invisible also... see foligno's pre-seasons.

That's all well and good but the question is how do you rightly justify keeping Butler in the lineup over a handful of guys? 14 forwards will probably start the year, maybe 15 if you include Winchester.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:I'd keep Zib on the wing plain and simple. He's played well in the position so far. I have no faith that michalek and/or alfie stay healthy this season. I'd keep Dacosta, regin and zib up here in Ottawa.

That's all well and good but the question is how do you rightly justify keeping Butler in the lineup over a handful of guys? 14 forwards will probably start the year, maybe 15 if you include Winchester.
It always comes down to the 1-way contract... always... we say this every year...

NEELY

Mod
Mod

1 ways are a lot more relivant when teams are closer to the cap. There is plenty of space to sit a guy if he isn't performing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:

It always comes down to the 1-way contract... always... we say this every year...

Ah yes... the good ole "battle for jobs." Laughing3

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:1 ways are a lot more relivant when teams are closer to the cap. There is plenty of space to sit a guy if he isn't performing.
Agreed. But two-ways are also relevant when you're in a "rebuild" and looking to stay as close to the floor as possible.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

shabbs wrote:
NEELY wrote:1 ways are a lot more relivant when teams are closer to the cap. There is plenty of space to sit a guy if he isn't performing.
Agreed. But two-ways are also relevant when you're in a "rebuild" and looking to stay as close to the floor as possible.

Doesn't matter who has 1 ways if players keep getting banged up. Regin out, Zibanejad officially a Sen.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

NEELY wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Doesn't matter who has 1 ways if players keep getting banged up. Regin out, Zibanejad officially a Sen.
Yep. Injuries to the rescue!

Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum