GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you think of the new Jets logo?

+8
wprager
Flo The Action
jawal
Ev
SeawaySensFan
NEELY
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like the new Jets logo?

What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_lcap220%What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 1 ]
What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_lcap240%What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_lcap240%What do you think of the new Jets logo? Vote_rcap2 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What do you think of the new Jets logo? Empty What do you think of the new Jets logo? Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:22 pm

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

What do you think of the new Jets logo? WPGJETS

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fugly.

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

If they were smart, they would have had a contest. This is clearly someone in upper management's nephew's summer camp rendition.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Meh, I don't mind it as is but I want to see it with the jersey.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice tribute to the RCAF.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't mind it, but I don't know why they have to pimp the Canadian Dung so much. There's 7 Canadian teams, True North.

What if the FLyers added a Star Spangled Banner to their logo?

I feel this logo would REALLY work well in BASEBALL.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It just doesn't feel like a hockey logo for me. I don't hate it I guess, it's rather pedestrian though. Looks like a government agency or something, it doesn't yell exciting. But then again, I couldn't care less about the Winnipeg Jets or what they do.

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

Captain Hindsight wrote:

What if the FLyers added a Star Spangled Banner to their logo

Or the rangers added the Statue of liberty to their third jersey

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jawal wrote:
Captain Hindsight wrote:

What if the FLyers added a Star Spangled Banner to their logo

Or the rangers added the Statue of liberty to their third jersey

Well surely you can see the difference there lol

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Captain Hindsight wrote:I don't mind it, but I don't know why they have to pimp the Canadian Dung so much. There's 7 Canadian teams, True North.

What if the FLyers added a Star Spangled Banner to their logo?

I feel this logo would REALLY work well in BASEBALL.
CBJ I feel use patriotic imagery.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I hate it. both their alternate designs are much better. I agree with 29. it looks like a kid using photoshop made it. or they tried to hard maybe to draw support from the Canadian military??? it's cheap, unimaginative and lacks energy. I thought they'd try and add momentum with movement lines to a jet to make it look at least like it doesn't belong on a coffin.

well many teams failed with their first logo. I know I might make a few enemies here but I never much cared for our original logo. The one we have now i believe is the best so far. they stepped it up with a stron image after having failed again with the 3D senators head with alice cooper eyes.

look at it this way, at least it's not the ducks. have they ever came up with a decent image? last year's camo jerseys? Facepalm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm sure Don cherry will love it Facepalm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:I'm starting to like it more and more, because people don't really seem to like it. Usually means it is unique and different and if that's the case then they hit the mark with it.

Is it Royal Airforce-y? Sure but what's wrong with that? As long as the sweater is sharp with good lines and colour scheme, then good on them.
I can see where you're coming from. I completely agree with making something that doesn't resemble anything else. But I think they missed the mark. I don't see any life to the graphics. it looks like a plane pasted on top of a maple leaf. maybe if it was flying across it or something. As for the air force well I guess they have a history in the city so that's something. IMO something more general or broad in it's meaning would of been better. I'm not particularly a fan of the military and I see this as mixing two things that i'd rather not see mixing. The same way I don't like when Don cherry has that moment for the dead soldiers. I believe we should honor them but do that on the news or on special programs. I don't think you mix sports with politics.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

In a way I agree with NEELY's first comment -- hard to really tell until you see it on a jersey. And I somewhat agree with SD's initial reaction -- i.e. not really a fan. That said, I think I'm a bit leery of round logos if they are too small on the chest -- makes them look like a target. Some of my favorites are round or primarily round (Boston, Detroit), but as much as I liked the Sens' 2-D logo the reason I haven't got a jersey with it is the logo is too small.

Oh, and as much as I may agree that the current 3D logo is better than the previous one, I still much prefer the 2D spartan to the current design. I like my logos like logos and not pictures; don' need shadows to tell me it's meant to be 3D because logos don't need to be 3D. It should be a design, not a picture.

Of course that's all just an opinion.

Edit: Just took another look at Detroit and Boston's logo -- Detroit really isn't circular at all, is it? I think Boston's is may be only circular logo I really like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum