GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colin Greening signed to a 3 year deal! 3 years, 0.866 per year, 2.45 total

+8
shabbs
Ev
spader
sandysensfan
Cap'n Clutch
Hoags
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Very nice. Perfect salary for both.

Absolutely. Good signings. Let's see if ZSmith can show some of that offensive spark in the bigs now.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How the heck does Colin Greening get a higher salary than Zack Smith?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:How the heck does Colin Greening get a higher salary than Zack Smith?

He's older, bigger, has more potential and performed better offensively?

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:How the heck does Colin Greening get a higher salary than Zack Smith?

In 24 games Greening had 13 points. That extrapolates to just over 44 pts/season.

In 55 games ZSmith had 9 points. That extrapolates to just over 13 points/season.

I imagine that factored into the decision.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:

In 24 games Greening had 13 points. That extrapolates to just over 44 pts/season.

In 55 games ZSmith had 9 points. That extrapolates to just over 13 points/season.

I imagine that factored into the decision.
You imagine well...

SpezDispenser wrote:3 years, one way!

Love this kid, VERY happy. Ahhhhh!

3 years, ONE WAY?

He'd better not pull a Regin. I'd have preferred the security of a two way deal, but I suppose it's not a huge enough salary to hurt the team if things go squirrelly.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

3 years, ONE WAY?

He'd better not pull a Regin. I'd have preferred the security of a two way deal, but I suppose it's not a huge enough salary to hurt the team if things go squirrelly.

The 3rd year was a year of UFA, so I guess the Sens insisted on having one of those in there.

sandysensfan

Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:

3 years, ONE WAY?

I can't see him doing that.

Regin I think got a little high on himself with his playoff performance and his World Championship play. He tried to rest on his laurels and it bit him in the Donkey.
Hopefully he has learned his lesson this season, or he is gone. Too much competition for not competing. That applies to ALL of the players -- except Alfie, Spezza, Phillips.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Worst case, they send him to the AHL. I don't really care if he's making $800,000 there.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

According to Murray, Greening's deal eats up 2 years of UFA.

The only worry is that if they get sent down, other teams can claim them, especially on recall.

I think the worst case is that they make up the 4th line and their cap hit is still fine at that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

WHAT! and no NTC!!! Sarcasm

no but really, happy to have them under contract. IMO Greening won't have a similiar point production that he had with us. I don't think he'll be playing with spezza on the first line next season. i imagine he'll be on the third line or even 4rth. In light of all that i won't have many expectation for him. If he can score goals it's all good.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If only one of our picks in the draft makes it on the team, and if we don't sign any free agents, I think it's very likely that Greening will be getting top-six minutes. Alfie and Michalek are huge question marks IMO. Between the two of them, how many games will be lost to injury? Then you've got Spezza, Foligno, Regin (*BIG IF*), Butler, 6th overall pick. That's 7 players, which includes two injury risks, Regin and a rookie. And if Butler is a prime candidate for a sophomore slump.

I guess we'll have a better idea after the DC and main camps, but for now I wouldn't rule out Greening playing on the 2nd line. He's the fastest skater on the team, big body and booming shot. If he can improve his accuracy he could make some hay.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:If only one of our picks in the draft makes it on the team, and if we don't sign any free agents, I think it's very likely that Greening will be getting top-six minutes. Alfie and Michalek are huge question marks IMO. Between the two of them, how many games will be lost to injury? Then you've got Spezza, Foligno, Regin (*BIG IF*), Butler, 6th overall pick. That's 7 players, which includes two injury risks, Regin and a rookie. And if Butler is a prime candidate for a sophomore slump.

I guess we'll have a better idea after the DC and main camps, but for now I wouldn't rule out Greening playing on the 2nd line. He's the fastest skater on the team, big body and booming shot. If he can improve his accuracy he could make some hay.
very true.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Greening is a great third line player, and will continue to be a great third line player.

It's nice to see Ottawa sign a third line player to a salary befitting a third line player.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Greening is a great third line player, and will continue to be a great third line player.

It's nice to see Ottawa sign a third line player to a salary befitting a third line player.

Yes indeed. Greening has some upside and couple fill into the top 6, but that'll just be icing on the cake. Really nice 3rd liner making 3rd liner money.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Greening is a great third line player, and will continue to be a great third line player.

Yes indeed. Greening has some upside and couple fill into the top 6, but that'll just be icing on the cake. Really nice 3rd liner making 3rd liner money.

He also fills the utility-role that Shannon currently occupies. Neither look out of place on any line. If BM has them both signed, the Sens get a little more dangerous when injuries strike.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Top 12 if I post here!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum