GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dubinsky signed, sealed and delivered/ 2 years/1.85 million per year

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/AGrossRecord

2 year deal, no $$ terms yet.

I would imagine he was forced to 'settle' and take a little less than he and his agent felt he was worth. We'll see...

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

I'm really curious to see what he gets. He produced quite well with Jagr but his production really fell off last season.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1.85 million per year cap hit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't know, is this a good deal for either side? If he was getting jobbed you'd figure he'd sign for just one year. So I've got to think that this is actually a fair contract.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

He was lucky, considering the situation. If NY wasn't so thin up the middle, they could have waited him out and he would've been forced to sign for much less. NY's desperation for a center gave him the upper hand.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I think this was a fair contract better than the rumoured low ball amount that we heard before ( i believe 700K a year)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I don't know, is this a good deal for either side? If he was getting jobbed you'd figure he'd sign for just one year. So I've got to think that this is actually a fair contract.

Pretty good all around. He's an RFA just exiting his ELC, that should be the norm, but alas, GMs don't see it that way.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow. He wanted 4-years $16M?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=291733

Are you kidding me?

Now I get it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I think this was a fair contract better than the rumoured low ball amount that we heard before ( i believe 700K a year)
It wasn't a low-ball, it was just the minimum to keep him engaged. They had to offer something. Sounds like there was quite a difference of opinion between the two parties.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum