GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread

+8
Ev
spader
SensHulk
SensFan71
SeawaySensFan
Riprock
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:38 am

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread 521674 Chris Kelly has been traded to the Boston Bruins for a 2nd round pick in the upcoming draft.

I don't know about you guys, but I was floored when I heard this news. I did not expect to hear his name in a trade, but it happened.

I personally will miss Chris Kelly greatly, he was a big part of our team, bigger than I think some people know. He's the kind of player that you want on your team going into the playoffs. He was becoming more and more of a favorite of mine, I appreciated his hockey sense and smarts out there on the ice, I was never nervous when he was out there, whether we were protecting a lead or trying to get back into a game, Chris was a player that could always be counted on.

What a great character Chris Kelly is, he was the locker room joker, but also a great leader. He's going to be missed by all.

Good luck in Boston Chris, all the best!!

The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread D328e1f7bbf3655b5058ff16ced3c4e7-getty-102966288pm018_new_york_isl
The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Tampa+Bay+Lightning+v+Ottawa+Senators+8IgAH-b-cl3l
The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread 93044938
The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Chris+Kelly+Ottawa+Senators+v+Philadelphia+nzPnJZqsBF5l

2The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:48 am

Kelly is a guy who did all the little things that go largely unnoticed that are necessary for team to win. He'll be missed for sure.

Good luck in Boston, Chris!

3The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:53 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kelly: You have to be at least this tall to play goal here in Ottawa dude.

Leclaire: But but...

Kelly: Just fake an injury tripping on a "rut" in the ice dude and then stay home the rest of the season with half Donkey attempts at a return.

Leclaire: Fine I guess.

The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread 93044938

4The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:58 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

^ "If I touch you I am afraid you will break something"

5The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Thanks for the years of service CK! Best of luck in Boston, I hope you win a cup. You're leaving some tough shoes to fill in Ottawa.

6The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Bruins just got instantly better. That about says it.

7The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

best of luck Kelly in Boston, will be tough to see you play us in the future, especially with 6 games a year, will be tough to replace, but am sure it will be done from within.

8The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Best of luck Kelly. A true feel good story for a guy that really paid his dues in the minors and made the most of his opportunity. I wish him all the best.

9The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

why do I feel sadder that kelly left than when fisher left? and I was pretty sad when fishy left too.....

Good luck Kelly! Show the league how underrated you really are Crying

10The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:24 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

TipHat Solid player. All the best.

11The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ok he was a decent player but he doesn't need an appreciation thread. He's gone now.

12The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Ok he was a decent player but he doesn't need an appreciation thread. He's gone now.

You don't need to post in here. No one is forcing you to do so.

13The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:37 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Big Ev wrote:Ok he was a decent player but he doesn't need an appreciation thread. He's gone now.

Fine, but if you really wanted to appreciate him, you should have had this thread BEFORE he was traded. I'm out.

14The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:45 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Fine, but if you really wanted to appreciate him, you should have had this thread BEFORE he was traded. I'm out.

It's more of a farewell thread IMO.

15The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Chris Kelly Appreciation Thread Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:46 am

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

He was a funny interviewer/ee too.

Solid role player with few weaknesses, and one of the few signed to a good contract.

He was a good player, and a good man. Our team and our fans will miss him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum