GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you do?

+3
Riprock
Ev
22_4_ever
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I do have a source, and while he doesn’t really have the inside track on actual hockey operations, he tends to know what’s going on in and around Scotiabank Place.

32What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:45 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:SSF, I'm not sure what you're contributing to this thread.

My opinion. Over and out. Dancing

I think SSF makes a good point though. The team is basically saying, "We've run the team into the ground. What will make you come back, a nice shiny scoreboard (that we're already going to buy) or a better quality hotdog?" The point is, what we really want is for the team to play respectable hockey again.

I don't know. I can see both sides. The team needs to ask for the season ticket holders' opinions, if for nothing else than to make them feel involved. Someone (22_4_ever, I think) recently made comments about the state of the team as it relates to his willingness to renew his tickets next year. I can understand that the team would ask where those fans want the facelift to take place. I also understand SSF's position that none of the above matters.

33What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:08 pm

22_4_ever

Sophomore
Sophomore

I see both sides...

So, taking a page from SSF's comment I wanted to answer "improve the team" but obviously that isn't possible. I didn't see how a new sound system or scoreboard, or even new concessions would help me enjoy the game more than a better on ice product.

Drafting we can't influence, but thinking about making playing here more attractive I could only think of things as a player that would make playing here more enjoyable.

If that happens, maybe we sign a goalie like Bryzgalov instead of another team because while we are young and up and coming he has a comfy new players lounge to think about his time in Ottawa, and a new gym/rehab facilities to help recover/prepare better.

34What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:10 pm

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I do have a source, and while he doesn’t really have the inside track on actual hockey operations, he tends to know what’s going on in and around Scotiabank Place.

very cool...

well I think everyone suspected they would have to do something with the all star game coming...I really couldn't see the NHL being happy about their showcase being held in a city that can't jazz it up. Ever wonder why the Islanders are never even in the running...

35What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:27 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I think SSF makes a good point though. The team is basically saying, "We've run the team into the ground. What will make you come back, a nice shiny scoreboard (that we're already going to buy) or a better quality hotdog?" The point is, what we really want is for the team to play respectable hockey again.

I don't know. I can see both sides. The team needs to ask for the season ticket holders' opinions, if for nothing else than to make them feel involved. Someone (22_4_ever, I think) recently made comments about the state of the team as it relates to his willingness to renew his tickets next year. I can understand that the team would ask where those fans want the facelift to take place. I also understand SSF's position that none of the above matters.

There's no point asking the fans if a good team would encourage them to come to the rink. The answer is obviously yes. The marketing guys running the survey and managing ticket sales are only going to be interested in the things they can actually influence. The Sens (and probably every other team) have been conducting this kind of research for a long time.

And there's obvious value in doing this kind of research, as there are always things that can be improved to make the game experience more enjoyable.

36What would you do? - Page 3 Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:05 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
spader wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

There's no point asking the fans if a good team would encourage them to come to the rink. The answer is obviously yes. The marketing guys running the survey and managing ticket sales are only going to be interested in the things they can actually influence. The Sens (and probably every other team) have been conducting this kind of research for a long time.

And there's obvious value in doing this kind of research, as there are always things that can be improved to make the game experience more enjoyable.

Agreed. Like I said, if nothing else, this type of survey makes people feel involved at a time when the on-ice product is lacking. At the same time, I absolutely understand a fan saying, "Who cares about hotdogs and scoreboards. Make the team respectable."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum