GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What would you do?

+3
Riprock
Ev
22_4_ever
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What would you do? Empty What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:42 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

As a Senators Season ticket holder I recently was asked to fill our a survey. One of the questions was things I wanted to see the organization do to make my in game experience better.

Among the answers were things like better consessions, better between period entertainment, more giveaways, a new scorebaord and an other section.

Now I've been screaming about getting a new fancy scoreboard in house for a long time, and to be honest it has to be done next year because with the All Star game coming here how ridiculous will the organization and by extension the city look with a scoreboard from 2000.

With that said I realized that when at the games I rarely, if ever look at the scoreboard. Maybe, just maybe if I want to see a replay, but those times are few and far between. I answered other with this explanation in the box.

I would rather see the team put money into improving the stadium for the players. Removing the visitors dressing room directly across from the Senators locker room and turning it into a players lounge with a juicebar/personal chef similar to what Vancouver and Pittsburgh has.

Now I answered this because for me, to improve the in game experience is to get a better team, and maybe we can attract a better group of Free Agents if we have better facilities for the players. We can't change the taxes, or weather or even the fans and pressure in this city, but we already have one of the best therapy/workout rooms in the NHL thanks to last years addition, and if they create a start of the art players lounge it may be enough to tip the balance for signing some top players.

I know it sounds ridiculous that we have to pamper these million dollar athletes, but to me if we can spend 4 million on something to make the players happy, and make them want to stay here or sign here rather than a scoreboard that I look at 2 or maybe 3 times a game then I'd rather do that..

I'll wait for people to tell me I'm crazy.

2What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:03 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

A new scoreboard is a MUST, along with a new sound system. I look at that thing and get depressed, you can barely see anything on it. I also can't really hear what is benig said when they have little vingettes on the screen, ad the sound system is poor (or maybe that's just the arena).

3What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:06 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Good idea. I can see that having a huge boost on moral. Though, it might be hard to construct it, if you have to construct a new visitors dressing room. I have no idea what the plan would entail.

I say that both your idea and the scoreboard are very good ideas. An enhanced entertainment system (scoreboard and all) would certainly be a huge necessity for the NHL's premier festivities. Increasing the overall aesthetics would likely improve spectator's experience value.

4What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can guarantee there will be a new scoreboard in Scotiabank Place next year; they are just trying to pick one. It won’t be cheap.

As for the lounge/chef, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea either. Anything that will help attract free agents to Ottawa is a good idea.

They need better concessions as well. The limited food offerings are poor. The Pizza Pizza pizza is bad, even for Pizza Pizza standards. The beer is fine, even if it is outrageously expensive.

5What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the concessions are fine as is, but there is always room for improvement. I think it would be neat to have a The Works concession stand. It would be way better than the crap burgers they have there now, and everybody wiwould be able to make their burger their own way.

Also, I always hated how they got rid of the BeaverTails stand.

6What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:33 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Anything in there about a better team on the ice?

Didn't think so.

7What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

Dash wrote:Good idea. I can see that having a huge boost on moral. Though, it might be hard to construct it, if you have to construct a new visitors dressing room. I have no idea what the plan would entail.

I say that both your idea and the scoreboard are very good ideas. An enhanced entertainment system (scoreboard and all) would certainly be a huge necessity for the NHL's premier festivities. Increasing the overall aesthetics would likely improve spectator's experience value.

There are actually 4 dressing rooms down on the arena level. 1 on either side of the hall the visitors come out of, and 2 where the Sens come out of. One of the ones down the Sens Hall is their Big HOme dressing room. The other which is right across the hall isn't used on game days by the visitors..they typically use both dressing rooms down their hallway.

The rooms are about twice the size of what you would see at the Sens Plex if you've ever been in one of theirs.

It's big enough if you removed the showers and put in a small kitchen/juice bar there (it would be about 20 x 25 which should be big enough for a single chef/server) then you leave the other parts of the room (including stick room of about 10x15) which can house a couple of couches, big tv with video games or ping pong..etc.

While I agree the scoreboard is crap, really how much do you watch it at a game. If you answer more than 2 or 3 times then I'd suggest staying at home. Why go to a game and watch the big screen when the game is right in front of you.

Anyway, I already know the scoreboard is happening, so was looking at other ways to try to improve the product on the ice. Sound system is an idea, but to be honest I could care less whether the music is blared louder and clearer than they do it now.

8What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:I can guarantee there will be a new scoreboard in Scotiabank Place next year; they are just trying to pick one. It won’t be cheap.

As for the lounge/chef, that doesn’t sound like a bad idea either. Anything that will help attract free agents to Ottawa is a good idea.

They need better concessions as well. The limited food offerings are poor. The Pizza Pizza pizza is bad, even for Pizza Pizza standards. The beer is fine, even if it is outrageously expensive.

The funny thing is the food on the 100 level is much better. I often head down there for my stuff and bring it up.

9What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:38 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeeeeeeah Beavertails. I forgot they took that out. That should DEFINITELY go back in. Is it possible to get poutine at SBP? I don’t seem to remember seeing it anyway.

So we need a Smoke’s Poutinerie (http://smokespoutinerie.com/main.html), a Works, and a Beavertail stand.

10What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

tim1_2 wrote:Yeeeeeeah Beavertails. I forgot they took that out. That should DEFINITELY go back in. Is it possible to get poutine at SBP? I don’t seem to remember seeing it anyway.

So we need a Smoke’s Poutinerie (http://smokespoutinerie.com/main.html), a Works, and a Beavertail stand.

I asked about a works 2 years ago and was told logistically it wouldn't work as they didn't have time to custom create burgers..that's why the lonestar that's there (crappy and expensive) doesn't server anything but chicken sandwiches and a couple of other things they can mass create. Even with that, the Lonestar line is always lone and very very slow.

11What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yeah but that's not the job of the fans to decide how to do that. Obviously the team knows that it has a lot of work to do with the team aspect, but they want to know what the spectators want in terms of making their visit more enjoyable.

12What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:43 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:Yeah but that's not the job of the fans to decide how to do that. Obviously the team knows that it has a lot of work to do with the team aspect, but they want to know what the spectators want in terms of making their visit more enjoyable.

Then should be able to check a box that says "better team."

13What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:44 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:Anything in there about a better team on the ice?

Didn't think so.

Not specifically about the team but I think it's obvious that has to change. 2 years ago they spent millions to change the ventilation system to "make the ice better" by keeping the building cooler, and to help out the poor people in the 100 level and corporate suites as the cold air was blowing down on them.

It's got to the point where in my seats Row C of the 300 level I have to wear a jacket all game long otherwise freeze.

So often they invest money to the team/building which is really never seen by the patrons. Sure the ice is better but who can tell with how slow our guys skate/play. I just got thinking if we can do something to make playing with the sens more attractive...in house players lounge, new private jet (I know it's 10's of millions so unrealistic) etc.

At this point with the young guys coming in over the next year or two we want to be very selective in what FA's we bring in and want to get the best bang for the buck. Maybe something like the lounge would make the difference between coming to ottawa over maybe Buffalo or Toronto.

14What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:46 am

22_4_ever

22_4_ever
Sophomore
Sophomore

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Dash wrote:Yeah but that's not the job of the fans to decide how to do that. Obviously the team knows that it has a lot of work to do with the team aspect, but they want to know what the spectators want in terms of making their visit more enjoyable.

indrectly that was my intent..make it a better place for the players and get a better team and I'll be happier. I could care less about a better sound system..I'd give up a new scoreboard, or sound system. hell I'd live with day old popcorn and juiceboxes for the next 3 years if you'd get me a better team on the ice that contends for the cup.

15What would you do? Empty Re: What would you do? Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:52 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

22_4_ever wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

indrectly that was my intent..make it a better place for the players and get a better team and I'll be happier. I could care less about a better sound system..I'd give up a new scoreboard, or sound system. hell I'd live with day old popcorn and juiceboxes for the next 3 years if you'd get me a better team on the ice that contends for the cup.

Which is why you should have the opportunity to check a box like the one I suggested.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum