GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski

+10
Hoags
Number Twenty Nine
SensHulk
spader
Ev
SDH89
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who won this trade

Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_lcap243%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_lcap214%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_rcap2 14% [ 1 ]
Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_lcap243%Rangers trade Roszival to Yotes for Wolski Vote_rcap2 43% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The Rangers have traded Roszival to the Yotes for Wolski.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This trade pisses me off Laugh1

I voted that the Rags win because they get the cap savings this year and next and instantly fill the void left by Frolov.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I would have loved a 24 year old forward for Kuba or Phillips. Setoguchi next to Ottawa?

Or Phillips or Kuba to NYRangers?

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Meh, neither. Wolski had a lot of potential but he hasn't played with much drive for the past two years.

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:Meh, neither. Wolski had a lot of potential but he hasn't played with much drive for the past two years.

This.

Looks like a steal on paper, but Wolski is gutless and without heart.

Patty O'Sullivan 2.0.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:I would have loved a 24 year old forward for Kuba or Phillips. Setoguchi next to Ottawa?

Or Phillips or Kuba to NYRangers?

The Gooch?!?!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
This.

Looks like a steal on paper, but Wolski is gutless and without heart.

Patty O'Sullivan 2.0.

Good call, I've been reading more about the deal and that's the general consensus.

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

Wolski hasn't played very well lately, but man, what a steal for the Rangers. IMO Rosival isn't much of an upgrade over Kuba.

Let's hope we can swing a similar deal with Kuba.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nice deal for New York. Roszival isn't that great and they needed a winger. If Wolski does anything close to what he did after he was traded last year then it's a good deal.

Oh and I don't think I'd be too motivated to play if I was on Phoenix either Sarcasm

I thought the same thing as well - why couldn't we move Kuba for him?!?! But I would say that Roszy is much better than Kuba right now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=30113928&posted=1#post30113928

I thought this summed it up best:

Full disclosure: I am a CO fan. We're not big on him over there these days.

But he's awful. Lots of people say he lacks effort or is soft, but I'm not sure that's quite accurate. He's big, talented, good vision, good shot, and can play defense really well too.

the problem is that he's not really in the game mentally most of the time. I wouldn't say he's lazy, more just stupid. He hustles, but as the wrong times and then won't hustle at the right time. He'll have a perfect chance for a big one timer to showcase his shot and he'll decide to try some ridiculous dipsy doodle.

He'll use his size effectively one second, but then forget he has teammates to pass at the same time and end up turning over the puck. Then the next second he'll forget that standing at the top of the circles while his teammates have the puck is not where he should be. Then he'll go deep at the wrong time and cause an odd man rush.

He's a perfect example of the sum of the parts being so much less than it should be. Every so often he'll get some or most of his game going at the right time and he'll look incredible...then he'll be back to being a hockey idiot again for 40 games.

He's really very close to Frolov.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

What bothers me is that, while Murray claims that it's impossible to make deals in the salary-cap era, it seems like everyone else is finding a way. NYR replaced Frolov almost immediately.

Cuss.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

what's the cap saving for the rags? Aren't they down a regular d-man now?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:What bothers me is that, while Murray claims that it's impossible to make deals in the salary-cap era, it seems like everyone else is finding a way. NYR replaced Frolov almost immediately.

Cuss.

I think this begins the preliminary deadline talk/trades. I would imagine Murray will be able to make a deal soon, but he might want to wait until closer to the deadline. The Rangers want a D-man, the Sharks NEED a D-man, Washington might want to add a Phillips or Kuba, Atlanta might try, Tampa Bay NEEDs one of these guys.

There's a home for both of these guys - allowing that they waive their NTCs. Today was an unwanted player for an unwanted player, there'll be more!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:what's the cap saving for the rags? Aren't they down a regular d-man now?

1.2 in savings, 4.something in cap space and 10.3 pro-rated at the deadline, so they'll be getting another D-man. The question is: who? Ahhhhh!

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Michallica wrote:what's the cap saving for the rags? Aren't they down a regular d-man now?

1.2 in savings, 4.something in cap space and 10.3 pro-rated at the deadline, so they'll be getting another D-man. The question is: who? Ahhhhh!

Hopefully Kuba....oh please be Kuba!!!!! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum