GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

mmmm...is a big trade or two coming...?

+2
PTFlea
Cronie
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1mmmm...is a big trade or two coming...? Empty mmmm...is a big trade or two coming...? Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is just me thinking out loud, but my gut has been going crazy all day... I have this sneaky feeling that in the next few hours, a team or two will make a HUGE trade(s)...

I have no inside info or sources telling me this, but just a hunch and gut feeling...

Does anyone else have a feeling that given that teams have until tomorrow @ noon I believe to finalize their rosters and last-ditch trades that something is coming?!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I do as well. Too much smoke around Boston and Vancouver for there not to be some sort of a fire.

Tampa's due as well. It's been over 24 hours now. Come on!

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:This is just me thinking out loud, but my gut has been going crazy all day... I have this sneaky feeling that in the next few hours, a team or two will make a HUGE trade(s)...

I have no inside info or sources telling me this, but just a hunch and gut feeling...

Does anyone else have a feeling that given that teams have until tomorrow @ noon I believe to finalize their rosters and last-ditch trades that something is coming?!

I really wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh makes a pitch for a d-man, after watching Crosby cry like a little girl when he didn't get a pass on the powerplay...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

smash88 wrote:
I really wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh makes a pitch for a d-man, after watching Crosby cry like a little girl when he didn't get a pass on the powerplay...

Oh yeah, I forgot about that as well.

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

With all the talk about Ottawa needing to replace Gerber. I don't Murray will. With the extended down time until the next game this would have been a good opportunity to make a move so that a new goalie could come in and get some practive time while meeting the players. I agree though that a couple of trades may occur before players are placed on waivers.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Don't think Chicago wants to pay Khabi $6.5 to play in the minors, and they certainly cannot recall him and risk actually paying him anything. They will try to work something out, I'm sure.

Pittsburgh desperately needs a defenceman, and a great trade would be Kaberle for Staal, but I don't see Pittsburgh moving Staal, at least not yet.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I almost forgot about Khabi! LOL

Apparently, Shanahan may have a new home REAL soon.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Not Ottawa - can't see us adding a forward. I suppose though if McAmmond is waived or traded.

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:I almost forgot about Khabi! LOL

I want Shanny!!!

Where is his potential new home?

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I am not sure Deano will be a Sen for the full season.
I could see him being waived, not traded, unless packaged well.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

COLLAR UP wrote:

I want Shanny!!!

Unofficially at this point, Detroit and NJ seem to be the front runners.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

COLLAR UP wrote:

I want Shanny!!!

Where would Shanahan fit with the sens though.. I just don't see it.... i think he's now past his time...

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Detroit? Really? They don't need him... does he need them? A return to his former glory days? Taking a spot away from Leino possibly, which is a bad move.

smash88

smash88
Veteran
Veteran

Cronenbergfan wrote:
COLLAR UP wrote:

I want Shanny!!!

Unofficially at this point, Detroit and NJ seem to be the front runners.

Going back to old stomping grounds? LOL

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Why not St Louis? (the city, not the player)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum