GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm coming home...

+5
Flo The Action
wprager
PTFlea
shabbs
Riprock
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I'm coming home... Empty I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

So, after 3 years of living in Brampton, finally, the Dash is coming back to Ottawa. (in the style of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson).

I will be moving back starting next week. Going to continue my studies at Carleton University, but changing my program.

Cannot wait to not have to pay for Centre Ice to see the Sens, and going to live games for $17 again as a student. Oh, and finally going to GMhockey gatherings.

2I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Has there been a GMHockey gathering?

3I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:44 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

I think there have been... I recall seeing something about parties for drafts, and games. I've never been available though.

4I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gonna feel great to get back home. Cheers

5I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Has there been a GMHockey gathering?

2 smallish gatherings for the Sim League so far, none really for GM. The draft was the last time we got together, but there was only Mark Christopher, Beedub, SG11 and me. They're fun though, lots of beer flows usually, lots of hockey watching.

We can probably throw one together on a game night this year, but I wouldn't plan it out too much as a lot of the time people don't show up.

6I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:

2 smallish gatherings for the Sim League so far, none really for GM. The draft was the last time we got together, but there was only Mark Christopher, Beedub, SG11 and me. They're fun though, lots of beer flows usually, lots of hockey watching.

We can probably throw one together on a game night this year, but I wouldn't plan it out too much as a lot of the time people don't show up.

I thought there was a barbeque? Or a gathering at a park? It always tends to be out in the boonies. The *other* boonies.

7I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:27 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The legendary GMH gatherings... so legendary, they never happened...

Wink

8I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I thought there was a barbeque? Or a gathering at a park? It always tends to be out in the boonies. The *other* boonies.

We changed it to Boston Pizza on Walkley - both times. Watched hockey once, draft the other time.

9I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:10 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's cute you guys meet up for pizza and sodas... very 50's kind of date Sarcasm
No but seriously nothing wrong with that. I might show up if I lived in the same city. It's hard enough finding a single person to watch sens games in montreal if the Habs aren't playing.

10I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:02 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

We changed it to Boston Pizza on Walkley - both times. Watched hockey once, draft the other time.

The Boston Pizza on Walkley is great because it's quiet enough to hear the game. Also they have a nice set up for watching the games. Not sure how they stay in business but it's one of the only places I've gone to where you can actually hear the play by play.

Is there plans for another gathering? Depending on when it is I'd love to join in.

11I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:08 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Dash, always a team available for you on GMsim.

I think we should do a more relaxed one this time, perhaps a backyard BBQ.

Clutchy is reall well set up for one, but I do have a huge Donkey gazebo behind my quaint little townie

12I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:40 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dash wrote:So, after 3 years of living in Brampton, finally, the Dash is coming back to Ottawa. (in the style of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson).

I will be moving back starting next week. Going to continue my studies at Carleton University, but changing my program.

Cannot wait to not have to pay for Centre Ice to see the Sens, and going to live games for $17 again as a student. Oh, and finally going to GMhockey gatherings.

How can you be doing anything Rock-style if you're the jabroni?

Welcome back!

One more thing:

Riiiiiiproooooooooooock!!!! Dammit!

13I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:18 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

My GMsim team was stacked. I regret giving that baby up.

14I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I might be down for hosting a massive bash next summer. And dub is correct I'm quite well set up. So well set up that most of the GMHockey regulars could come for the party and camp out on the property over night.

7 acre property and a heated inground salt water pool.

Edit: Maybe a party over the winter? I do have a massive pond.

The Pond Hockey Palooza? Followed by coffee or hot chocolate that's been a little "Irished" up? Sarcasm

15I'm coming home... Empty Re: I'm coming home... Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:The legendary GMH gatherings... so legendary, they never happened...

Wink

Oh and for the record we did in fact have a GMHockey.com gathering for a Sens game a couple seasons ago so the GMH gathering did indeed occur. I think it was just me, beedub, SG11 and SpezD though but it was still fun despite the Sens loss that night. If I remember correctly there was a World Junior game on as well and Canada won or something.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum