GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider to OTT?

+12
CockRoche
spader
shabbs
sandysensfan
SensHulk
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
RaunchyTofu
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

16Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Vermette for Pascale Leclaire Sarcasm
Antoine Vermette, the UFA to be who got 4M per season and had a total of 9G 19A in 62 games the year he was traded. Remember we received Pascal and a 2nd for a potential FA.

So by comparison this would be a similar deal.

To VAN - Foligno (comparable numbers to Vermette) but under contract/control

To Ott - Schneider + 2nd rounder

Sens fans seem to think Vermette produced in Ottawa the same way he has produced in Columbus. That is wrong, and he had many opportunities in the top 6, never could produce.

Sens fans also seem to ignore that Schneider is not exactly a proven full season number 1. Sure he has great potential but so have many goalies who put up great numbers in limited starts.

17Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 am

Oglethorpe

Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Would you guys do this if it were on the table?

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson
Maybe Elliott and a 3rd round pick for Schneider.

18Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson

Elliott, Wiercioch, 2nd round pick for Schneider straight up would be my guess, but I doubt Vancouver lets him go without a 1st.

19Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Maybe Elliott and a 3rd round pick for Schneider.

Laughter, then dial tone.

20Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:58 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson

Elliott, Wiercioch, 2nd round pick for Schneider straight up would be my guess, but I doubt Vancouver lets him go without a 1st.
Wow, where to begin.

What has Schneider done to merit that huge return ?
21 NHL games.

Have you watched the goalie market in the past few years ?
Halak got a decent prospect and a low end prospect.
Bryzgalov - Waiver pick up
Giguere - Toskala and Blake
Lehtonen - Ivan Vishnevsky and a 4th round pick
Chris Mason - 4th round pick
Labarbera - 7th round pick
Mathieu Garon - Dany Sabourin/Ryan Stone and a 4th round pick
Lecalire with a 2nd rounder - Antoine Vermette
Mikael Tellqvist - 4th round pick

21Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:03 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Oglethorpe wrote:
Number Twenty Nine wrote:Vermette for Pascale Leclaire Sarcasm

Sens fans seem to think Vermette produced in Ottawa the same way he has produced in Columbus. That is wrong, and he had many opportunities in the top 6, never could produce.

same could be said for practically everyone in the current lineup Sarcasm

22Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:04 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

NOTHappy

23Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:
Wow, where to begin.

What has Schneider done to merit that huge return ?
21 NHL games.

Have you watched the goalie market in the past few years ?
Halak got a decent prospect and a low end prospect.
Bryzgalov - Waiver pick up
Giguere - Toskala and Blake
Lehtonen - Ivan Vishnevsky and a 4th round pick
Chris Mason - 4th round pick
Labarbera - 7th round pick
Mathieu Garon - Dany Sabourin/Ryan Stone and a 4th round pick
Lecalire with a 2nd rounder - Antoine Vermette
Mikael Tellqvist - 4th round pick

He's one of the 3 best goaltending prospects in the world. Higher than Lehner, higher than Markstrom. You don't let an elite talent go for Elliott, Wiercioch and a 2nd, but perhaps the Canucks might at least listen to you instead of hanging up.

24Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:13 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

The only schnieder that could come to ottawa is mathieu..

also, not to be nitpicky, but is this actually a concrete rumor or just us fans being fans?

25Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:The only schnieder that could come to ottawa is mathieu..

also, not to be nitpicky, but is this actually a concrete rumor or just us fans being fans?

Fans being fans I think.

26Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say something but I don't want to offend a new member. So, yes, let's just call it a fan being a fan.

27Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:54 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oglethorpe wrote:Sens fans seem to think Vermette produced in Ottawa the same way he has produced in Columbus. That is wrong, and he had many opportunities in the top 6, never could produce.

Not true. There would be talk he was "finally" getting a chance numerous times and he'd play a shift or 2 and be back on the Vermette - Kelly - Neil line before you could say Jack Robinson. Then he would be used occasionally as a faceoff "ringer" throughout the game. Vermette got the shaft in Ottawa.

28Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Except for the times we kept putting him on the top line, on the wing, at center in the top 6 and he produced diddly and squat.

29Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

funny how ppl complain about vermette, yet no peep about how Todd White (who was basically given away for nothing) scored 70+ points with Atlanta...

At least we got Lehner for Vermette. and vermette isn't the answer in columbus (I'm willing to bet he doesn't finish out his contract there) so the grass isn't always greener....he struggled here and was given ample opportunity. Good kid, I wish him well, but no I don't wish he was back on the team.

30Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

No thanks. We've been there and done that.

31Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Except for the times we kept putting him on the top line, on the wing, at center in the top 6 and he produced diddly and squat.

Yup. For two shifts. Just like I said. And 53 points in his final full season is hardly diddly nor is it squat. Laugh1

32Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Except for the times we kept putting him on the top line, on the wing, at center in the top 6 and he produced diddly and squat.

Yup. For two shifts. Just like I said. And 53 points in his final full season is hardly diddly nor is it squat. Laugh1

Not true. Fartsburg tried him on the top line for quite some time before finally giving up.

33Schneider to OTT? - Page 2 Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not true. Fartsburg tried him on the top line for quite some time before finally giving up.

OK then. I guess not producing in the high-flying Fartsburg era is all the proof I need.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum