GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Schneider to OTT?

+12
CockRoche
spader
shabbs
sandysensfan
SensHulk
PTFlea
Number Twenty Nine
Oglethorpe
SeawaySensFan
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
RaunchyTofu
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1Schneider to OTT? Empty Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:59 am

RaunchyTofu

Prospect
Prospect

This is just a rumor, but Bryan Murray could be looking to aqquire 24 year old Cory Schneider from Vancouver. This would make sense seeing that Murray's future netminder Robin Lehner had a terrible WJC and did not handle the media well. Here is a few possibilities:

To VAN:
2011- 1st Round
C- Peter Regin
2012- 2nd Round

To OTT:
G- Cory Schneider
D- Evan Oberg

If you have any better trade proposals please post them. Smile

2Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:15 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is this a rumour or a trade proposal? Either way I don't see it making any sense. One or two sub par WJC games doesn't mean he's ready to give up on Lehner. He could want Schneider because he's given up on Elliott though but I doubt he'd trade high picks at this point even though Schneider is worth it.

- Unknown Author

3Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:09 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Because of Luongo's contract they pretty much have to look at trading Schneider (should have front-end loaded it more so they could move him to a cap-floor team later). Moving him to the East also makes sense. I'm not so sure if the rest of it makes sense, though.

The Sens don't need any more D prospects, especially ones making over $1.5M (that's more than Karlsson, Cowen and Rundblad).

The Sens need to stock up their forward prospects. A 1st this year could be a top-5 pick (and very likely a top-10); next season won't be much better. Those two picks will be very important for the future.

And why would Vancouver want Regin who hasn't shown much?

4Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:24 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RaunchyTofu wrote:This is just a rumor, but Bryan Murray could be looking to aqquire 24 year old Cory Schneider from Vancouver. This would make sense seeing that Murray's future netminder Robin Lehner had a terrible WJC and did not handle the media well. Here is a few possibilities:

To VAN:
2011- 1st Round
C- Peter Regin
2012- 2nd Round

To OTT:
G- Cory Schneider
D- Evan Oberg

If you have any better trade proposals please post them. Smile

I don't think you make a move like that on this basis. Furthermore, trading a forward for D is not what this team needs.

5Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The fact that Vancouver pretty much needs to trade Schneider with the Luongo contract in place, that he'd move east and Ottawa needs a starter makes some sense but Murray giving up that package doesn't. I'd love to see Ottawa get Schneider because it would be the first time they pick up a goalie who can be a legitimate number one and is still quite young with plenty of upside.

- Unknown Author

6Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

It boggles my mind when I see proposals like this. The market for goalies is weak and has been since the lockout.

Question for everybody, what is the highest return a team has gotten when moving a goalie in the last 3 years.

7Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 am

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

Vermette for Pascale Leclaire Sarcasm

8Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:32 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Vermette for Pascale Leclaire Sarcasm

Schneider to OTT? 164414

9Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lehner is the man, man. If we add Schenider we'd have the most devastating goaltending duo in the league, but there's NO chance I'd pay a 1st rounder right now, nor would I trade Regin - and frankly, I don't like letting go of a 2nd....so, no deal!

10Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oglethorpe wrote:It boggles my mind when I see proposals like this. The market for goalies is weak and has been since the lockout.

Question for everybody, what is the highest return a team has gotten when moving a goalie in the last 3 years.

Which is probably why they don't move Schneider. Better to have a guy like that who can fill in if Luongo is injured and can play up to half the games if you want a well rested Roberto for the playoffs. It also keeps Luongo competitive with a young guy like that with potential to take over the number 1 job.

Edit: I realize I just contradicted myself there. It also depends a lot on Schnieder because once he's able to have some control over his destination he may not want to stay in VAN knowing he has only a slim shot at being a number 1 goalie.

- Unknown Author

11Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:Lehner is the man, man. If we add Schenider we'd have the most devastating goaltending duo in the league, but there's NO chance I'd pay a 1st rounder right now, nor would I trade Regin - and frankly, I don't like letting go of a 2nd....so, no deal!

It is nice to dream about it though. Schneider has the potential of stepping in right now and running with the ball for a few seasons while we bring Lehner along slowly. Once Lehner is a full time NHL goalie then the battle for number 1 begins and we have potentially awesome goaltending for years to come. Only a dream though.

- Unknown Author

12Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Would you guys do this if it were on the table?

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson

- Unknown Author

13Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Number Twenty Nine wrote:Vermette for Pascale Leclaire Sarcasm
Antoine Vermette, the UFA to be who got 4M per season and had a total of 9G 19A in 62 games the year he was traded. Remember we received Pascal and a 2nd for a potential FA.

So by comparison this would be a similar deal.

To VAN - Foligno (comparable numbers to Vermette) but under contract/control

To Ott - Schneider + 2nd rounder

Sens fans seem to think Vermette produced in Ottawa the same way he has produced in Columbus. That is wrong, and he had many opportunities in the top 6, never could produce.

Sens fans also seem to ignore that Schneider is not exactly a proven full season number 1. Sure he has great potential but so have many goalies who put up great numbers in limited starts.

14Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:38 am

Oglethorpe

Oglethorpe
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Would you guys do this if it were on the table?

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson
Maybe Elliott and a 3rd round pick for Schneider.

15Schneider to OTT? Empty Re: Schneider to OTT? Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Would you guys do this if it were on the table?

To VAN
Brian Elliott
Patrick Wiercioch
2nd in 2012

To OTT
Cory Schneider
Jonas Andersson

Elliott, Wiercioch, 2nd round pick for Schneider straight up would be my guess, but I doubt Vancouver lets him go without a 1st.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum