GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daron Richardson passes away

+8
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
SensGirl11
beedub
Flo The Action
PKC
wprager
SensHulk
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Wait until the real story of the circumstances behind her suicide come out...should justify why a lot of her school peers are saying it came out of no where.

17Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:04 am

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Wait until the real story of the circumstances behind her suicide come out...should justify why a lot of her school peers are saying it came out of no where.

I'm not sure if the real story will ever be solved...I mean, how would they ever know?

18Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:17 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What I've been able to gather is very little but it appears that some sort of accident occurred at their home for which Daron felt she needed to commit suicide over.

I simply googled her name and looked at a few blogs and discussion boards. I got curious because of what PKC wrote. Not sure if that helps or makes people even more curious.

19Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:04 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I've been able to gather is very little but it appears that some sort of accident occurred at their home for which Daron felt she needed to commit suicide over.

I simply googled her name and looked at a few blogs and discussion boards. I got curious because of what PKC wrote. Not sure if that helps or makes people even more curious.

The "accident" was mentioned in the initial release from the Sens, but there were not details.

20Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:44 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:What I've been able to gather is very little but it appears that some sort of accident occurred at their home for which Daron felt she needed to commit suicide over.

What if I told you that the suicide itself was the accident?

21Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:46 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:
PKC wrote:Wait until the real story of the circumstances behind her suicide come out...should justify why a lot of her school peers are saying it came out of no where.

I'm not sure if the real story will ever be solved...I mean, how would they ever know?

They know. Trust me when I say that. This isn't a black and white case.

22Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:

I actually wondered that when I first read the story because that was sort of how it came across. I was actually thinking it was a case where she was experimenting with choking and passing out for the rush but had no intention of killing herself. The thing is I didn't think teens did that by hanging and rather did it with scarves that they simply pulled tight.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying she did this I'm just wondering if that may have been what occurred. Thinking out loud sort of.

The thing is if the suicide was an accident why would they make this public and leave people under the impression that she committed suicide willfully? If the idea to make it public was to start discussions about the issue then aren't they encouraging discussions about the wrong thing? I'm just confused. Perhaps things will be clarified later when the family has a chance to grieve?

- Unknown Author

23Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:57 am

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Is this 'hearsay' that you speak of, or do you actually have legit information? Until the police or the richardson family release information, we probably shouldn't speculate

24Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:01 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PKC wrote:

I actually wondered that when I first read the story because that was sort of how it came across. I was actually thinking it was a case where she was experimenting with choking and passing out for the rush but had no intention of killing herself. The thing is I didn't think teens did that by hanging and rather did it with scarves that they simply pulled tight.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying she did this I'm just wondering if that may have been what occurred. Thinking out loud sort of.

The thing is if the suicide was an accident why would they make this public and leave people under the impression that she committed suicide willfully? If the idea to make it public was to start discussions about the issue then aren't they encouraging discussions about the wrong thing? I'm just confused. Perhaps things will be clarified later when the family has a chance to grieve?

At the end of the day, I fail to see why we need to discuss this. It's a suicide. The family came out and said it was suicide. Can we just leave it at that; express our sympathies and move on.

What are we trying to accomplish by further investigating ?!?

25Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:10 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:
At the end of the day, I fail to see why we need to discuss this. It's a suicide. The family came out and said it was suicide. Can we just leave it at that; express our sympathies and move on.

What we are accomplishing is closure for the countless amounts of young teens that were her classmates. Dealing with the suicide of a friend, a best friend, a family member, etc. is surreal. Perhaps even more so than just dealing with the death of someone in a car accident, for example, because there's always a feeling of guilt: "could I have done anything different?" "how come I couldn't see that she was so distressed?" "is it my fault, did I do or say something to make her feel this way?"

And THAT is almost as unfair as dealing with the death itself.

26Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:11 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:
PKC wrote:

Is this 'hearsay' that you speak of, or do you actually have legit information? Until the police or the richardson family release information, we probably shouldn't speculate

It's not hearsay, and the police never release information in cases like this.

27Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:20 am

dawg's wife

Prospect
Prospect

I can't believe you guys.

Dawg and I have never stopped coming to this board and reading what's posted. We enjoy the discussions and most of the time it's quite insightful, but this is disgusting.

Do any of you know the family?
Were any of you there yesterday?

Dawg and I were....it was truly touching and very emotional.

This discussion over what happened and what may or may not have happened leading up to the tragic event is pointless and frankly pathetic. Do you feel better spreading rumors or gossip? If it were your mother/sister/daughter would you be happy complete strangers were talking about possible circumstances?

How would you feel about all of this, while you were sitting at home trying to cope with the thought of another minute without her. Trying to figure out whether to stay in your "Home" which is now a hard place to even walk through the door.

Everything about your life revolves around that girl and now you can't go anywhere, do anything, see anyone, without being reminded that she's gone and you had no chance to prevent it. You believe you could have, or should have. It's your job to protect them, yet you failed.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED, and I can honestly say I'm extremely disappointed that the people on this site have the complete lack of compassion to discuss it in this way.

Providing your wishes is one thing, engaging in this discussion is fruitless and disrespectful.

You should be ashamed.

28Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:24 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:

What we are accomplishing is closure for the countless amounts of young teens that were her classmates. Dealing with the suicide of a friend, a best friend, a family member, etc. is surreal. Perhaps even more so than just dealing with the death of someone in a car accident, for example, because there's always a feeling of guilt: "could I have done anything different?" "how come I couldn't see that she was so distressed?" "is it my fault, did I do or say something to make her feel this way?"

And THAT is almost as unfair as dealing with the death itself.

Is it? If you have information that you're dying to get out to provide closure, then why the "What if I told you..." and "it's not black and white" bit? Either say what you have to say or don't, but this gossip column persona is getting perverse.

29Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:25 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

dawg's wife wrote:I can't believe you guys.

Dawg and I have never stopped coming to this board and reading what's posted. We enjoy the discussions and most of the time it's quite insightful, but this is disgusting.

Do any of you know the family?
Were any of you there yesterday?

Dawg and I were....it was truly touching and very emotional.

This discussion over what happened and what may or may not have happened leading up to the tragic event is pointless and frankly pathetic. Do you feel better spreading rumors or gossip? If it were your mother/sister/daughter would you be happy complete strangers were talking about possible circumstances?

How would you feel about all of this, while you were sitting at home trying to cope with the thought of another minute without her. Trying to figure out whether to stay in your "Home" which is now a hard place to even walk through the door.

Everything about your life revolves around that girl and now you can't go anywhere, do anything, see anyone, without being reminded that she's gone and you had no chance to prevent it. You believe you could have, or should have. It's your job to protect them, yet you failed.

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE LOCKED
, and I can honestly say I'm extremely disappointed that the people on this site have the complete lack of compassion to discuss it in this way.

Providing your wishes is one thing, engaging in this discussion is fruitless and disrespectful.

You should be ashamed.

agree

30Daron Richardson passes away - Page 2 Empty Re: Daron Richardson passes away Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:38 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First time I've been in this thread - last time anyone will use it. No one needs their feelings hurt on a subject like this. I'll lock it out of respect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum