GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D)

+4
jawal
spader
SensHulk
SensGirl11
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Good afternoon everyone,

This is a friendly reminder for all of you that are supporters of this cause to wear purple tomorrow (february 8th). This is a very important, serious subject and the time has come to really make everyone aware and to open the lines of communication for anyone dealing with mental health problems or know someone who is dealing with suicidal thoughts and depression.

To read more on this issue, please see the link below and show your support. This affects every single one of us.

Thank you,

http://www.youknowwhoiam.com/difd/

2Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:05 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

I'll be getting my purple on tomorrow! Nod

3Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:44 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

This isn't meant to be negative at all, but didn't they just make purple the colour to protest bullying and support homosexual teens? If the idea is that people recognize that you support a cause based on the colour you're wearing, it seems like an odd choice to conflate mental health issues and homosexual teens.

4Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:57 pm

jawal

jawal
Rookie
Rookie

spader wrote:This isn't meant to be negative at all, but didn't they just make purple the colour to protest bullying and support homosexual teens? If the idea is that people recognize that you support a cause based on the colour you're wearing, it seems like an odd choice to conflate mental health issues and homosexual teens.

Purple was chosen because it was Daron's favourite colour and the date February 8 is her birth day.

Last edited by jawal on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:03 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

spader wrote:This isn't meant to be negative at all, but didn't they just make purple the colour to protest bullying and support homosexual teens? If the idea is that people recognize that you support a cause based on the colour you're wearing, it seems like an odd choice to conflate mental health issues and homosexual teens.

There's only so many colours to go around. I can't remember which but there's a conflict over the use of the red or yellow ribbon.

6Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:07 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

jawal wrote:

I understand that it was Daron's favourite colour.

That seems appropriate then. It just struck me as an unusual choice.

SeawaySensFan wrote:

There's only so many colours to go around. I can't remember which but there's a conflict over the use of the red or yellow ribbon.

Of course. Like I said above, it just seemed like an unusual conflation if the idea was to make purple both the colour to support young homosexuals and mental health issues. It makes much more sense to me now.

7Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:45 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hey, look! We have purple text boxes now!!! Is that GMHockey's way of honouring Daron?

8Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:47 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Hey, look! We have purple text boxes now!!! Is that GMHockey's way of honouring Daron?

It was but I changed it back because the colour was obnoxious. Is it still showing up for you because it's back to normal for me.

9Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Yes it is, I just did a hard refresh too and it's still purplish.

10Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Empty Re: Do it for Daron (D.I.F.D) Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

My daughter saw me putting on my purple shirt (well, the only shirt I have that has purple stripes in it). She loves that shirt for some reason. Tonight when I got home she asked if I did it for Daron. Grade 3 and they know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum