GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators -- Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 -- 7pm ET (CBC)

+20
SeawaySensFan
PKC
beerandsens
Urkie
LeCaptain
spader
Flo The Action
SensHulk
sens4win
Ev
SensGirl11
asq2
Oglethorpe
Bramlet07
shabbs
PTFlea
wprager
Riprock
rooneypoo
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 12]

wprager wrote:Yep, it was Shabbs who initially started this (using "sore vag") but Cap'n is technically correct that you used the term "vagina" in the GDT.

I really don't care who brought it up first and I'm not hereto stir up anything -- please recognize the fact that I never mentioned you or anyone directly. I just thought the use of that term, in this particular circumstance, was derogatory and offensive to some. That's all.

I once used the term "oriental" instead of the more acceptable "asian" to describe the appearance of a baby shown in an episode of Lost (this was on another forum). Someone jumped down my throat saying "oriental is a rug" and how what I said was offensive. I had no intention to offend, but I have not used that term since then. I still don't know what the big deal is or was, but it offended at least one person and it's no skin off my nose to use a different term.

I wonder if it was anyone else other then rooneypoo would you be making this much of a stink. This just reeks of pettiness.

SensHulk

All-Star
All-Star

come on...let's not suck the fun out of posting on this site with rules like that. Filter it if you must but come on!

If Kovalev injures himself whiffing on a shot, and I post "come on nancy, suck it up!' is that deemed offensive?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:
wprager wrote:Yep, it was Shabbs who initially started this (using "sore vag") but Cap'n is technically correct that you used the term "vagina" in the GDT.

I really don't care who brought it up first and I'm not hereto stir up anything -- please recognize the fact that I never mentioned you or anyone directly. I just thought the use of that term, in this particular circumstance, was derogatory and offensive to some. That's all.

I once used the term "oriental" instead of the more acceptable "asian" to describe the appearance of a baby shown in an episode of Lost (this was on another forum). Someone jumped down my throat saying "oriental is a rug" and how what I said was offensive. I had no intention to offend, but I have not used that term since then. I still don't know what the big deal is or was, but it offended at least one person and it's no skin off my nose to use a different term.

I wonder if it was anyone else other then rooneypoo would you be making this much of a stink. This just reeks of pettiness.

No, this is not directed at RP. When Shabbs originally wrote it I thought it was just a typo (never made the connection to "vagina" -- I thought he was going for "sore bag" -- which, although still crude, is not offensive). I clued-in when it was spelled out in the GDT.

I "slept on it" and still felt the same this morning, so when Clutch brought it up I spoke out.

Whatever your nose is smelling, it's not my pettiness.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How about "va jay jay" or "cooch".

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Michallica wrote:come on...let's not suck the fun out of posting on this site with rules like that. Filter it if you must but come on!

If Kovalev injures himself whiffing on a shot, and I post "come on nancy, suck it up!' is that deemed offensive?

What rules? Are you saying I should not be allowed to speak up if I find something offensive? I didn't go back and edit/delete any posts, and I did not add a banned-word entry for the term; I'm also not asking for a retraction or public apology. Just stating an opinion.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Big Ev wrote:How about "va jay jay" or "cooch".

It's not the specific word; it's the fact that it is used in a derogatory way to equate or correlate someone's inability to play through injury with being female.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ah, I see.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
Michallica wrote:come on...let's not suck the fun out of posting on this site with rules like that. Filter it if you must but come on!

What rules? Are you saying I should not be allowed to speak up if I find something offensive? I didn't go back and edit/delete any posts, and I did not add a banned-word entry for the term; I'm also not asking for a retraction or public apology. Just stating an opinion.

Well obviously its not a rule, and no I'm not saying at all that you shouldn't be allowed to speak up. When I said 'rules' I meant more in terms of thinking twice about posting something like the example I provided above...its not as crude but its the same thing. To me, its not a big deal at all. Its a friendly poke at the opposite sex....think about it. Women take offense if I say they look like a dude, and vice versa. Its just a friendly jab, doesn't mean I hate the gender or think its lower in some standard.

wprager wrote:
hemlock wrote:

No, this is not directed at RP. When Shabbs originally wrote it I thought it was just a typo (never made the connection to "vagina" -- I thought he was going for "sore bag" -- which, although still crude, is not offensive). I clued-in when it was spelled out in the GDT.

I "slept on it" and still felt the same this morning, so when Clutch brought it up I spoke out.

Whatever your nose is smelling, it's not my pettiness.

Well thanks for setting me straight. Not only are you the self appointed moral authority around here, but now you are telling people how they ought to interpret things? Wow.

Between the not-so-subtle swipes at rooneypoo, the above mentioned moral authority issue, the incredibly annoying habit of correcting people's grammar etc., you are a real piece of work.

wprager wrote:
Big Ev wrote:How about "va jay jay" or "cooch".

It's not the specific word; it's the fact that it is used in a derogatory way to equate or correlate someone's inability to play through injury with being female.

We get it. You're offended. 12 times was more than enough. Thanks.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:

Well thanks for setting me straight. Not only are you the self appointed moral authority around here, but now you are telling people how they ought to interpret things? Wow.

Between the not-so-subtle swipes at rooneypoo, the above mentioned moral authority issue, the incredibly annoying habit of correcting people's grammar etc., you are a real piece of work.

I'll take this one...

it should be: your

Snoopydance Smile

Amnesia021 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I'll take this one...

Snoopydance Smile

Bahaha. Shouldn't it be you're Razz

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably not great to use those kind of terms in a public forum, but...Prager is a mod, he could easily take care of this.

Let's just end it and get back to hockey. I yearn to talk hockey - a lot - and I'd rather not have to resort to HF.

Thanks!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Facepalm

Morality? When did that come up?

Grammar? GAC. And, trust me, I let it go far more often than not. I've really tried to restrain myself, but the meds don't always work.

And if *my* comments are misinterpreted, I think I am well within my rights to inform.

As for my so-called "not to subtle swipes at rooneypoo", sorry, I will try to be more subtle next time.

Really, Hemlock, you used to be one of the good ones. I want the old Hemlock, with the stick-figure avatar back.

Amnesia021

Amnesia021
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock wrote:
Amnesia021 wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I'll take this one...

Snoopydance Smile

Bahaha. Shouldn't it be you're Razz

I talked it over with some people at work here and we're all now 96% sure it really should be ure TowelWave

Number Twenty Nine

Number Twenty Nine
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote: ... (never made the connection to "vagina" -- ......

you should try it sometime.....

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Number Twenty Nine wrote:
wprager wrote: ... (never made the connection to "vagina" -- ......

you should try it sometime.....

GAME DAY: Montreal Canadiens vs. Ottawa Senators -- Saturday, October 23rd, 2010 -- 7pm ET (CBC) - Page 11 164414

Nicely done.

wprager wrote: Facepalm

Morality? When did that come up?

Grammar? GAC. And, trust me, I let it go far more often than not. I've really tried to restrain myself, but the meds don't always work.

And if *my* comments are misinterpreted, I think I am well within my rights to inform.

As for my so-called "not to subtle swipes at rooneypoo", sorry, I will try to be more subtle next time.

Really, Hemlock, you used to be one of the good ones. I want the old Hemlock, with the stick-figure avatar back.

I'm one of the bad ones now, because I oppose the way you conduct yourself here sometimes? Ok, fair enough.

The old Hemlock with the stick-figure huh? I remember being asked to remove that avatar because of a complaint YOU made. Something about your children seeing it or something. Are you sure you want that back?

As far as the grammar goes, you let it go more often than not? You should be letting it go ALL THE TIME. Who are you to judge anyone here, or anywhere?

I guess I'll live life on this board on the dark side with rooneypoo. But that doesn't change the fact that you are extremely smarmy sometimes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum