GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

NJ gets DINGED big time!

+7
Riprock
Ev
SensHulk
PKC
stempniaksen
LeCaptain
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:51 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Tee hee, Parise has just informed Devils management that he's interested in talking new contract.

8 million please? Or 15 X 6.66 like Kovalchuk. Please screw them out some $$ Parise!

Parise is worth more because he's the far better talent.

How do you figure?

32NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:50 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Tee hee, Parise has just informed Devils management that he's interested in talking new contract.

8 million please? Or 15 X 6.66 like Kovalchuk. Please screw them out some $$ Parise!

How do you figure?

Well I look at a few things:

1. Parise is better on the defensive side of the puck. He's just more responsible.
2. He's a better set up man than Kovalchuk, which makes him more dangerous offensively.
3. His shot isn't as hard as Kovalchuk's, but it's certainly as accurate and it's not unreasonable to say that with health and consistency for both, that Parise could could keep pace with or outscore Kovalchuk over the course of a season.
4. Parise is starting to see spot duty on the penalty kill. I think this season you'll see him more and more on the second unit penalty kill. Conversely, Kovalchuk and penalty killing go together like Superman and kryptonite.
5. The Devils' style fits Parise's game far more than it fits Kovalchuk's.

That's all just an opinion though, and at the end of it, there's only one conclusion to draw: the Devils will be looking down at the rest of the teams in the conference again this year.

33NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

How do you figure?

1. Parise is better on the defensive side of the puck. He's just more responsible.
2. He's a better set up man than Kovalchuk, which makes him more dangerous offensively.
3. His shot isn't as hard as Kovalchuk's, but it's certainly as accurate and it's not unreasonable to say that with health and consistency for both, that Parise could could keep pace with or outscore Kovalchuk over the course of a season.
4. Parise is starting to see spot duty on the penalty kill. I think this season you'll see him more and more on the second unit penalty kill. Conversely, Kovalchuk and penalty killing go together like Superman and kryptonite.

That's all just an opinion though, and at the end of it, there's only one conclusion to draw: the Devils will be looking down at the rest of the teams in the conference again this year.

Yeah, they're pretty close. Not sure I'm anoint Parise better than Kovalchuk right now, there are too many variables. I'd MUCH rather Parise than Kovalchuk - no contest, but at the same time I see what Kovalchuk brings to the table and I want some.

The Devils will be good, but that defense is almost laughable. Tallider, Volchenkov, White, Greene...the only guy who can pass in there is Greene - and he can barely pass, he's more of a shooter.

I hope Kovalchuk can lead the rush himself because the Devils sacrificed what they really needed - a puck mover - for him.

34NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:43 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

How do you figure?

Yeah, they're pretty close. Not sure I'm anoint Parise better than Kovalchuk right now, there are too many variables. I'd MUCH rather Parise than Kovalchuk - no contest, but at the same time I see what Kovalchuk brings to the table and I want some.

The Devils will be good, but that defense is almost laughable. Tallider, Volchenkov, White, Greene...the only guy who can pass in there is Greene - and he can barely pass, he's more of a shooter.

I hope Kovalchuk can lead the rush himself because the Devils sacrificed what they really needed - a puck mover - for him.

They're weird this year...because now they're loaded offensively in the forward ranks but for the first time in a long time I think quite average on the blue line, perhaps even below average. And they genuinely have a question mark in Brodeur who's seen a precipitous drop in his big game abilities. It's hard to doubt Brodeur, but sooner or later, you just lose it. It's inevitable. If it happens this year, I'm gonna be watching with eyes wide open to see what Lou does.

35NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:48 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

How do you figure?

They're weird this year...because now they're loaded offensively in the forward ranks but for the first time in a long time I think quite average on the blue line, perhaps even below average. And they genuinely have a question mark in Brodeur who's seen a precipitous drop in his big game abilities. It's hard to doubt Brodeur, but sooner or later, you just lose it. It's inevitable. If it happens this year, I'm gonna be watching with eyes wide open to see what Lou does.

It's actually pretty easy. Fraudeur's absence due to injury is what made stars out of Parise and Zajac. Clemmensen did pretty damn good and the team was scoring more than ever. Brodeur's departure will be the catalyst for transforming the Devils into a team that plays to win instead of playing not to lose and to make Fraudeur look good.

36NJ gets DINGED big time! - Page 3 Empty Re: NJ gets DINGED big time! Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:My mouth is still agape. I'm stunned. A 3rd + a 1st? Holy moly. Ohmy...

*AND* $3M -- for a franchise that has trouble drawing crowds to see a SC champ team that's harsh. Maybe RIM-Jim will have at least one supporter now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum