GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalev given time off...

+10
Vandelay
Cronie
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
davetherave
Flo The Action
Jordo
asq2
COLLAR UP
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Kovalev given time off... Empty Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:39 pm

COLLAR UP

COLLAR UP
Rookie
Rookie

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=267501&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_main

2Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:45 pm

Good, he is uselss.

3Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:51 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Surprising he's decided to suck this year. He's an impending UFA.

When he wants to be, he's amazing. Just ask the Bruins.

4Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

My money's on this being his last waltz in the NHL. Look for him to join Jagr and Emery next year.

5Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:05 pm

Don will be on his typical "I hate Russia" rant this weekend.

what is it with Cherry and Russians? I think he saw Rocky IV, and Ivan Drago scared the crap outta him.

Kovalev given time off... Rocky_4_movie_image_ivan_drago__2_

6Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i live in montreal and i told everyone here (to cries of horror) this summer that he should be traded while his stock was high, and since he's so inconsistant. well now they all agree... did anybody not see this coming?

7Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gainey said it loud and clear. kovalev has to stay away from the team... can you say "bad influence"?
Kovy is the most overated MTL player after latendresse(an .

8Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:37 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

There's apparently more to this whole story.

It seems the issues in Montreal may have something to do with the 'off ice activities' of several of Montreal's younger stars.

Corus Sports/CKAC's Jean Perron recently called out Carey Price, Chris Higgins and Sergei Kostitsyn as being the culprits. It was reported these young men were enjoying the pleasures of Montreal's night life to the detriment of their performance as hockey players.

I must say I thought, watching the Habs play at times, that more than a few were nursing a hangover.

Jacques Demers goes into detail in his CKAC podcast. Demers says the young men in question have already been given a reprimand by Habs management.

The article and broadcast of Demers' interview are in French.

Text here:
http://www.corussports.com/canadiens/_party_est_fini-20090217-1420593.html
Listen here:
http://www.corussports.com/radio/audioplayer.php?file=1420593.mp3&mode=cn&id=1420593&date=20090217

The gist of all this is that a rift supposedly exists between several factions of the team for various reasons having to do with committment.

Perron and Demers, both ex-Montreal coaches, are no strangers to players' shenanigans. Pat Burns, another ex-Habs coach, was quite explicit in his radio interview today on CKAC that he went to fetch his guys more than once from bars on Crescent Street.

Whether Kovalev, apparently a fitness fanatic, figures in all of this, is not clear. Or maybe he's just another dysfunctional component of the Habs' inconsistent '08-09 campaign. Gainey had to have a very serious talk with Alex at the end of the 2006-07 season because Kovalev had just put in a terrible year with Les Canadiens. After reviving his game last year, AK27 seems to be firing blanks now.

What the above demonstrate--as we have seen in several cases this year--that a coach needs to be a psychologist as well as a hockey man.

9Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:41 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Wow... sounds familiar...

Wink

10Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:16 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:There's apparently more to this whole story.

It seems the issues in Montreal may have something to do with the 'off ice activities' of several of Montreal's younger stars.

Corus Sports/CKAC's Jean Perron recently called out Carey Price, Chris Higgins and Sergei Kostitsyn as being the culprits. It was reported these young men were enjoying the pleasures of Montreal's night life to the detriment of their performance as hockey players.

I must say I thought, watching the Habs play at times, that more than a few were nursing a hangover.

Jacques Demers goes into detail in his CKAC podcast. Demers says the young men in question have already been given a reprimand by Habs management.

Text here:
Listen here:
http://www.corussports.com/radio/audioplayer.php?file=1420593.mp3&mode=cn&id=1420593&date=20090217

The gist of all this is that a rift supposedly exists between several factions of the team for various reasons having to do with committment.

Perron and Demers, both ex-Montreal coaches, are no strangers to players' shenanigans. Pat Burns, another ex-Habs coach, was quite explicit in his radio interview today on CKAC that he went to fetch his guys more than once from bars on Crescent Street.

Whether Kovalev, apparently a fitness fanatic, figures in all of this, is not clear. Or maybe he's just another dysfunctional component of the Habs' inconsistent '08-09 campaign. Gainey had to have a very serious talk with Alex at the end of the 2006-07 season because Kovalev had just put in a terrible year with Les Canadiens. After reviving his game last year, AK27 seems to be firing blanks now.

What the above demonstrate--as we have seen in several cases this year--that a coach needs to be a psychologist as well as a hockey man.

Yeah I saw Perron saying that last night on TQS, 100%.He said it was especially during the all star week end.

11Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Gainey's got to have something up his sleeve. It sounds like Kovalev is no longer welcome around the team, much like Avery earlier this year. But Lang's out for the year (most likely) and Latendresse is out as well, and Sergei Kostitsyn was sento the AHL. They need offence and they need it bad.

I believe it was Eastwood (on Team 1200) who said that Pittsburgh could be the most logical destination, but who can they offer in return? Is it a three-way deal involving LeCavalier? (yeah, that never goes away) The Habs also need a PP QB. How about Redden for Kovalev?

12Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Gainey's got to have something up his sleeve. It sounds like Kovalev is no longer welcome around the team, much like Avery earlier this year. But Lang's out for the year (most likely) and Latendresse is out as well, and Sergei Kostitsyn was sento the AHL. They need offence and they need it bad.

I believe it was Eastwood (on Team 1200) who said that Pittsburgh could be the most logical destination, but who can they offer in return? Is it a three-way deal involving LeCavalier? (yeah, that never goes away) The Habs also need a PP QB. How about Redden for Kovalev?

maybe just maybe kovalev could help the rangers but nobody in their right mind would want to touch that gastly 6 year 6.5 million $ redden contract...

13Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:25 pm

davetherave wrote:There's apparently more to this whole story.

Text here:
Listen here:

I would be doing the exact same thing. People can say what they want, but unless you have had millions of dollars coming at them when they were 20, 21, 22 years old in Montreal, with no one but your team mates, what can you say.

14Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:36 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:
wprager wrote:Gainey's got to have something up his sleeve. It sounds like Kovalev is no longer welcome around the team, much like Avery earlier this year. But Lang's out for the year (most likely) and Latendresse is out as well, and Sergei Kostitsyn was sento the AHL. They need offence and they need it bad.

maybe just maybe kovalev could help the rangers but nobody in their right mind would want to touch that gastly 6 year 6.5 million $ redden contract...
Only five years and a bit left now Wink I know it's not going to happen. They already have Redden. They call home Patrice and pay him less and over a much shorter term.

15Kovalev given time off... Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:15 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Watching 100% now. Gainey saying, With the way Kovalev is playing, the team dont need him... 🇳🇴

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum