GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kovalev given time off...

+10
Vandelay
Cronie
wprager
LeCaptain
shabbs
davetherave
Flo The Action
Jordo
asq2
COLLAR UP
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:52 pm

Montreal is not going to give their best player to a team that is trying to catch them for a playoff spot, not gonna happen.

32Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Cronie

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

any chance other GM's decide to shun Gainey and let his team tank for their overhyped Centennial?
Montreal is one of the more hated teams... Just a thought! LOL

33Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DashRiprock wrote:Wonder if a deal to Pittsburgh could be reached? We know that the 'Burgh will give up a lot for a UFA winger to play with Malkin/Crosby, perhaps Kovy would flourish playing with Malkin? Don't know who they could get in return though.

That was the first thing I thought of, but they'll both be fighting for 8th, so it could come back to bite them.

The Pens will sign him in the off-season though, I'd almost guarantee it.

34Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:00 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:any chance other GM's decide to shun Gainey and let his team tank for their overhyped Centennial?

What if you could get rid of a contract you no longer desire? Like Jokinen from Phoenix etc. etc. etc. Redden (hahahahahahahahahahahaha), Roszival (haha), Avery (hahahahahah). You know?

35Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

504Heater wrote:
Cronenbergfan wrote:any chance other GM's decide to shun Gainey and let his team tank for their overhyped Centennial?

What if you could get rid of a contract you no longer desire? Like Jokinen from Phoenix etc. etc. etc. Redden (hahahahahahahahahahahaha), Roszival (haha), Avery (hahahahahah). You know?

Oh yeah, your scenario makes me laugh harder! That's WAY better!

36Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

well out of the west columbus could be in the market for kovy... plus they might want to re-sign him to help filatov for a couple of years.

37Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:well out of the west columbus could be in the market for kovy... plus they might want to re-sign him to help filatov for a couple of years.

Do they have the $$ to do it?

PS: Cute avatar!

38Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think they might Heater... assuming they move someone mid-salary wise...

39Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Then, there you go. Give us a one of your piece of Dung players like....whoever the Diddle ever - and we'll ship him off the Ohio.

40Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:37 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

kovy's hit is 4.5 mill. columbus have 4.2 in cap space... now i'm sure the habs where looking for some players now so a deal(maybe three ways), could be done.

41Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:49 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

Flo The Action wrote:kovy's hit is 4.5 mill. columbus have 4.2 in cap space... now i'm sure the habs where looking for some players now so a deal(maybe three ways), could be done.

I was just talking to a friend in MTL and things seem to be very much happening behind the scenes there....

- Koivu and Kovalev have an ABSOLUTE hate-on for each other
- The players are constantly partying (pics of them puking, smoking etc at parties have been sufacing and VEY much talked about for the past few months)
-Price has been acting like a Diva since last winter (maybe Emery wasn't so bad?)

all to say that, I see a big trade coming. Whether it's Kovalev to Miami (for you -know-who) or to TBay (for YOU-know-who), the winds are blowing.....

42Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

BigRig77 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:kovy's hit is 4.5 mill. columbus have 4.2 in cap space... now i'm sure the habs where looking for some players now so a deal(maybe three ways), could be done.

I was just talking to a friend in MTL and things seem to be very much happening behind the scenes there....

- Koivu and Kovalev have an ABSOLUTE hate-on for each other
- The players are constantly partying (pics of them puking, smoking etc at parties have been sufacing and VEY much talked about for the past few months)
-Price has been acting like a Diva since last winter (maybe Emery wasn't so bad?)

all to say that, I see a big trade coming. Whether it's Kovalev to Miami (for you -know-who) or to TBay (for YOU-know-who), the winds are blowing.....

Boy oh boy, the plot thickens, eh?
You know, I honestly can't see Kovalev's stock being high, so Gainey will pay through the a** to get what he wants, because it seems like he's NOW where the pundits were saying Murray found himself a few months ago: acting purely from weakness.

If Montreal wants Lecavalier, it's going to cost them big. I remember hearing a few weeks back something along the lines of Markov AND Subban...for starters...

43Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:16 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The only problem with Kovalev to either of the Florida teams is: you're not getting what you want.

You can have Bouwmeester's used jock for Kovalev, but nothing more.

You can't even have Vinnny's used jock for Kovalev.

Both teams would tell you to come back when you were serious.

To get Vinny, the Habs will need to give up:

1.Top level talent (Markov)
2.Top level prospect - forward (go with the obvious: Pacioretty or D'Agostini) OR Carey Price - this is Tampa Bay's decision
3.Top level prospect - D (Subban)
4.1st round pick, this year
5.1st round pick 2010
6.UFA Player that Tampa has a chance of re-signing (Plekanec)

Maybe the Habs get Ranger or Meszaros as well out of this, but it's not necessary for Tampa Bay to add anything

To get J-Bo, it's a lot more complex:

1.Top Level UFA Forward (Tanguay or Kovalev)
2.Top Level D prospect (Subban)

44Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And no, neither team want Higgins or Halak thank you.

45Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:21 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The only player right now in Montreal with above-average trade value is Andrei Markov. And considering the fact that their powerplay is already pathetic, moving him would truly move them into the land of failure.

They built a team based on a lot of over-achievement, and now it's coming back down to earth and they are seeing what their roster is really capable of in my opinion.

46Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalev to Columbus for Peca and Picard*.

*Which BTW, I only heard Picard and thought he was coming here - almost Dung my pantaloons.

This appears to be more than a rumour, but I'll believe it when it's formally announced.

47Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:25 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Are you serious Heater?

Weird...

Speaking of rumors, anyone see Ek's latest? Detroit sending us Mikael Samuelsson

48Kovalev given time off... - Page 3 Empty Re: Kovalev given time off... Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:27 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronenbergfan wrote:Are you serious Heater?

Weird...

Speaking of rumors, anyone see Ek's latest? Detroit sending us Mikael Samuelsson

What use have we for a pending UFA?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum