GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament

+13
SeawaySensFan
SensGal
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SDH89
rooneypoo
Phoenix30
PTFlea
LeCaptain
asq2
shabbs
Riprock
Hockeyhero22000
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 10]

312010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 12:58 pm

N4L wrote:I still dont think Foligno is here come training camp.

Why's that? You'd keep a vet over a 'prospect'?

And how would you dispose of his contract? Lee, Foligno, and our 1st for a top 5-8?

322010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 12:59 pm

SDH89

Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
SDH89 wrote:You have Kovalev on the LTIR with a torn ACL, yet Michalek with the exact same injury is in the line-up?

Both will be ready to go come October.

Nope, just said it's a possibility, and but one of three or four ways we might be able to save a few bucks. If you're paying attention, too, you'll note that I haven't taken a cent off any of those calculations for Kovalev on LTIR, either -- it was just a passing remark.

As for the difference between Kovalev's and Michalek's situations, it's about 11 years. That sort of thing matters when it comes to recovery time, I'd guess.

Ah my mistake, interesting take!

332010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:03 pm

If The Sens want any shot of doing anything in the playoffs next year, maybe even making it, they need Cullen to resign. It was shocking how complete of a player he is. No injury problems, plays in every situation, and can play any position up front. He's the reason The Sens took The Pens to 6 games, without him, IMO, they get swept.

As for Foligno being resigned, I think he gets dealt as Regin basically took his spot in the lineup. Are The Sens really going to pay Foligno 1.5 mil to play on the 4th line with pretty close to no time on the PP? I dont think so. He, along with Lee are probably trade bait to move up in the draft.

You have guys like Butler, Greening, and a long shot in Petersson who are going to push for spots. I would say Butler is pretty much a garentee to start the season up in Ottawa.

You have your top line of Michalek/Spezza/Regin and Alfi/Fisher/Kovalev, that's without the resigning of Cullen. Neil/Kelly/Ruutu probably wont be broken up and if it is, Smith will probably jump into Ruutu's spot. You are left with Winchester, Shannon, Foligno, Butler, Greening, Smith, perhaps Cullen. Dealing Foligno moves you up in the draft and it allows 1/2 of Cullen's salary to be paid.

342010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:06 pm

Kovalfie wrote:

And how would you dispose of his contract? Lee, Foligno, and our 1st for a top 5-8?

I think that is exactly what may happen. I would defently keep Cullen over Foligno. Foligno MIGHT turn into what Cullen is and even then I dont think he will ever be as versitile. Foligno had his shot and a real legit one to become a top 6 guy, Regin took the ball he dropped and hasnt stopped running with it.

You need forward depth in the prospect pool, but Foligno is hardly a prospect anymore and moving up in the draft you will probably get a kid with a lot more potential then Foligno.

Dudly said he would move their pick if I heard correctly, or will entertain offers. Lee, Foligno, and Ottawa's 1st for Atlanta's 1st and something else on the side perhaps.

Foligno got bumped and with the right cap space and The Sens need to develope some high end forward prospects, he became expendable IMO.

352010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:17 pm

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Anyone willing to provide updates on the game till around 3/3:30?

362010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:29 pm

N4L wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

I think that is exactly what may happen. I would defently keep Cullen over Foligno. Foligno MIGHT turn into what Cullen is and even then I dont think he will ever be as versitile. Foligno had his shot and a real legit one to become a top 6 guy, Regin took the ball he dropped and hasnt stopped running with it.

You need forward depth in the prospect pool, but Foligno is hardly a prospect anymore and moving up in the draft you will probably get a kid with a lot more potential then Foligno.

Dudly said he would move their pick if I heard correctly, or will entertain offers. Lee, Foligno, and Ottawa's 1st for Atlanta's 1st and something else on the side perhaps.

Foligno got bumped and with the right cap space and The Sens need to develope some high end forward prospects, he became expendable IMO.

Foligno is like Vermette.. he'll do great somewhere else... just not here. Especially with how Regin has looked.

372010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:30 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The main question isn't Cullen or Foligno, it's Cullen or Z.Michalek. That's how I think it's break down.

Matt Cullen or Z.Michalek. Which fits a better need for this team?

382010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, the US just lost their second game in OT. First they lose to the Germans, now to the Danes.

392010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:34 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:The main question isn't Cullen or Foligno, it's Cullen or Z.Michalek. That's how I think it's break down.

Dont think so, if you have 3 or 4 ECL's next year, there will be a ton of room. Winchester might as well count as one along with Shannon if he actually makes The Sens.

Anyways, there is room for both for sure but Foligno's 1.5 mil will go a long way.

Cullen is the better fit though, they need him a lot more then they need Michalek at this point.

402010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:35 pm

DirtyDave wrote:
N4L wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:

Foligno is like Vermette.. he'll do great somewhere else... just not here. Especially with how Regin has looked.

Pretty much although, I dont think Foligno will be much more then a 3rd line guy and his value might be at it's peak right now before he becomes a role guy.

412010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:The main question isn't Cullen or Foligno, it's Cullen or Z.Michalek. That's how I think it's break down.

Michalek is on a long term deal with a great cap hit (assuming he can do what he did in the first 20-30 games more consistently). Cullen and Foligno are the decisions because neither one is signed for next year.

Frankly, all this gushing for Cullen, while fully deserved, needs to be tempered somewhat. He's had many seasons in this league and this is the first time he's had some playoff success. His career playoff stats aren't fantastic, but you can bet his performance from this year will get him a nice little bump somewhere. Basically, I don't think we can afford him and, frankly, I don't think we need him.

Now, when March rolls around, who knows, but we got to the off-season fine without him, really.

422010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Anyone willing to provide updates on the game till around 3/3:30?

If you want play-by-play, then no. And if you can hit refresh here, then why not here?

432010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Michalek is on a long term deal with a great cap hit (assuming he can do what he did in the first 20-30 games more consistently). Cullen and Foligno are the decisions because neither one is signed for next year.

Frankly, all this gushing for Cullen, while fully deserved, needs to be tempered somewhat. He's had many seasons in this league and this is the first time he's had some playoff success. His career playoff stats aren't fantastic, but you can bet his performance from this year will get him a nice little bump somewhere. Basically, I don't think we can afford him and, frankly, I don't think we need him.

Now, when March rolls around, who knows, but we got to the off-season fine without him, really.

He was talking about Z. not M. Michalek.

- Unknown Author

442010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:45 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

I can't believe Denmark beat USA in OT. Regin with an assist!

452010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:46 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even feel like typing this, but...apparently the Danish broadcasters have said that Murray offered Regin a 4 year, 12 million dollar contract.

I don't know where they got that, that's ludicrous, but I thought I'd pass it along.

What I heard was a 4 year, 3 million deal (not 12 million).

462010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensGal wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't even feel like typing this, but...apparently the Danish broadcasters have said that Murray offered Regin a 4 year, 12 million dollar contract.

I don't know where they got that, that's ludicrous, but I thought I'd pass it along.

What I heard was a 4 year, 3 million deal (not 12 million).

I doubt Regin takes a 4 year deal worth 750,000 per year.

- Unknown Author

472010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm

SensGal

Rookie
Rookie

Both seem really really bizarre. I do agree. 12 million seems way too much for a fairly short term, and I think he would want more. But really, who knows. I'd be completely happy with that! hahaha.... wouldn't anyone?? Can't you give bonuses anyways?

482010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: 2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:

He was talking about Z. not M. Michalek.

2010 IIHF World Hockey Tournament - Page 3 62136

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum