GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season?

+2
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season?

Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap225%Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 25% [ 2 ]
Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap20%Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap275%Erik Gryba - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 75% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This guy sounds like the next Carkner in terms of being defensive, making the smart plays and being NHL ready both physically and mentally. Of course there is a big age difference that can't be over looked. I just think Gryba, from what I'm reading about him, could step in and be as effective as Carkner or maybe even Sutton. It definitely depends on what Murray does in terms of signings but, if there's a spot open it looks like it's down to him or Weircioch.

- Unknown Author

I expect him to play in the A, with a callup depending on which Dman is injured.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unless we get Michalek, I think he sticks in the NHL.

He cracks the lineup if Murray doesnt get Michalek.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:This guy sounds like the next Carkner in terms of being defensive, making the smart plays and being NHL ready both physically and mentally. Of course there is a big age difference that can't be over looked. I just think Gryba, from what I'm reading about him, could step in and be as effective as Carkner or maybe even Sutton. It definitely depends on what Murray does in terms of signings but, if there's a spot open it looks like it's down to him or Weircioch.

Thing is, we already have a "Carkner". They both shoot right so does that mean Carkner moves up to the second pairing? I agree he could be a call-up, but I also think Murray will bring someone in to replace A-Train (either re-sign Sutton or go for Michalek). If neither of those moves happen, then Grybs is in the running but will have to compete with Wiercioch and Cowen (all those rumours about Cowen needing another year -- maybe he read those press clippings and will work out like a fiend).

Tell you what, though, it'll certainly be an interesting camp (both development and main camp).

wprager wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:This guy sounds like the next Carkner in terms of being defensive, making the smart plays and being NHL ready both physically and mentally. Of course there is a big age difference that can't be over looked. I just think Gryba, from what I'm reading about him, could step in and be as effective as Carkner or maybe even Sutton. It definitely depends on what Murray does in terms of signings but, if there's a spot open it looks like it's down to him or Weircioch.

Thing is, we already have a "Carkner". They both shoot right so does that mean Carkner moves up to the second pairing? I agree he could be a call-up, but I also think Murray will bring someone in to replace A-Train (either re-sign Sutton or go for Michalek). If neither of those moves happen, then Grybs is in the running but will have to compete with Wiercioch and Cowen (all those rumours about Cowen needing another year -- maybe he read those press clippings and will work out like a fiend).

Tell you what, though, it'll certainly be an interesting camp (both development and main camp).

Assuming we don't sign anyone in the off-season our d looks like this

Phillips-
Kuba-Karlsson
Carkner-Campoli
Lee

I wouldn't be shocked if Lee gets traded. Take him out of the equation and there's one roster spot open on a horrendous back-end. Add Michalek in and it's a little better. Is it me or does no one else have faith in this d? Kuba, Campolie and Karlsson are soft, Phillips is getting old, and Carkner is 'safe'. I don't know what I'd do but I just don't feel comfortable with this blue line.

I dont know if I would call a 31 year old D man "old". Hell, it can be argued that Phillips is hitting his prime right now and he probably has 4 or 5 good season's left in him before he declines.

Campoli IMO proved he was anything but soft in the playoffs. I think with the playoffs he had there is no reason to consider any part of the 5/6 pairing soft.

Kuba, ya he's soft and Karlsson, well I dont think he's soft but he's small.

You dont need a bang em up defense, look at The Pens or Habs, or WIngs, or Chicago. None are really all that physical, at least not more physical then Ottawa. The Sens do need to make one move whether it's for Michalek or Campbell to improve the defense. I think Kuba will be that casulaty too, to bring that guy in.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I just don't see how going with a D that removes Kuba and A-Train only to replace it with Z. Michalek and a rookie is an improvement in terms of Puck movement. Adding Campbell would do it for sure and I'd gladly lose Kuba, A-Train, Ruutu and Foligno (This isn't a trade proposal for Campbell) in order to make the Cap work.

- Unknown Author

I love what A Train brought but I dont think he is all that great of a D man. If you put a stunt man in pads and tell him to block shots and hit, he would probably do it.

He always got turned around on his off side, he gets beat wide all the time because he is a lefty playing the right side, he's not all that fast, he has no offense, and honestly, he isnt that smart of a player. There are way better options then A Train for way less money and honestly, ya, I think Phillips could turn Gryba into a better and more versitile player then A Train. Hell, I think if Lee ever grabs a set he can be a better player then A Train to, that's a HUGE IF though.

Kuba, well you need to replace his offense and if The Sens go out and get a guy like Michalek, I bet you the D looks like this.

Karlsson/Phillips
Michalek/Cowen or Wiercoich
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

if it's Capbell

Gryba/Phillips
Karlsson/Campbell
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

I honestly think A Train leaving will help The Sens more then it will hurt it going forward. One dimensional players are worth very little IMO and they are interchangable in the long run, especially when Chris Phillips is your partner.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Does this:

Karlsson/Phillips
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

Improve our Puck movement and offense over this?:

Phillips - A-Train
Karlsson - Kuba
Carkner - Campoli
Lee

- Unknown Author

Yup, it does. It also improves the transition game alogn with a few other things. It also makes the back end about 10 times faster/

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Does this:

Karlsson/Phillips
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

Phillips - A-Train
Karlsson - Kuba
Carkner - Campoli
Lee

Where did Kuba go in the first example?

Phillips - Michalek
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

I like that a lot, I think that adds a ton of mobility to our back end with Michalek - and he blocks the same number of shots as A-Train and he's a righty.

I love that D actually. And next summer you move Kuba (if you need to) for one of Wiercioch or Cowen. Nothing wrong with having some nice options so Gryba, Wiercioch and Cowen all get a taste of the NHL by call-ups first.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SpezDispenser wrote:

Karlsson/Phillips
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

Phillips - A-Train
Karlsson - Kuba
Carkner - Campoli
Lee

Where did Kuba go in the first example?

Phillips - Michalek
Kuba - Karlsson
Campoli - Carkner

I like that a lot, I think that adds a ton of mobility to our back end with Michalek - and he blocks the same number of shots as A-Train and he's a righty.

I love that D actually. And next summer you move Kuba (if you need to) for one of Wiercioch or Cowen. Nothing wrong with having some nice options so Gryba, Wiercioch and Cowen all get a taste of the NHL by call-ups first.

That sounds a lot like what Murray will do vs. what he says he'll do every off season.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What kind of PR mess do you think the Sens would have if A-Train signs elsewhere for the same money we sign Z. Michalek for?

I'm not saying A-Train is better I just wonder if it would be a PR nightmare is all.

- Unknown Author

Karlsson/Phillips
Carkner/Campoli
Lee

Phillips - A-Train
Karlsson - Kuba
Carkner - Campoli
Lee

got dollar amounts on this defensive core...? I do like this suggestion... just not Lee as the 7th

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum