GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season?

+3
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Bobby Butler - Where are they next season?

Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap210%Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap220%Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap20%Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap20%Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap270%Bobby Butler - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 70% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bobby Butler was signed to a two-way deal (source: capgeek.com) at the end of the season and did a reasonable job, in his limited action, all things considered. I assume he will be given a shot to stick with the team but, what do you all think?

Last edited by Cap'n Clutch on Tue May 04, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Capgeek says two-way deal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:Capgeek says two-way deal.

Really? My bad. I'll adjust the poll accordingly.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Capgeek says two-way deal.

Really? My bad. I'll adjust the poll accordingly.

And I will vote accordingly. Wink

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

He should be in the AHL. I think he can rip up the 'A' since he got some extra motivation from the last few games played with Ottawa. Besides, when re-signing him to his next contract, the one-way deal will be bargaining chip.

Sens should take advantage and let him develop in Bingo this year, but I admit he should be the first-call up choice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Starts in Bingo, ends in Ottawa. I think he gets a call up around December when injuries start to creep in.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

probaly spends most of the time in bingo but hey! please prove me wrong!

Makes it right out of camp. One, he's Murray's boy, two, he signed with The Sens based on a real shot of making the team and with cap space getting tight, a couple ECL's will be on the roster.

He's also a solid player.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:Makes it right out of camp. One, he's Murray's boy, two, he signed with The Sens based on a real shot of making the team and with cap space getting tight, a couple ECL's will be on the roster.

He's also a solid player.

Whom does he bump out of the lineup? He's not a 4th liner, and our 3rd line is just clicking so well. On the right we have Alfie and Kovalev, one the left there's Michalek, Regin and Foligno. Can he play on his off wing? Maybe if Foligno and Ruutu are moved he can play left on the third line.

I dont think Foligno makes it to camp, I think he's dealt or Ruutu is. There we'll be 2 or 3 rookies next season if Murray can make the deals he wants.

One or two up front, one or two on the back end. I have no clue what the teams lineup next year will look like because just about anything can happen from Spezza being dealt to Kovalev retirering, and everything inbetween.

I do think Butler makes that team though no matter what.

N4L wrote:I dont think Foligno makes it to camp, I think he's dealt or Ruutu is. There we'll be 2 or 3 rookies next season if Murray can make the deals he wants.

One or two up front, one or two on the back end. I have no clue what the teams lineup next year will look like because just about anything can happen from Spezza being dealt to Kovalev retirering, and everything inbetween.

I do think Butler makes that team though no matter what.

I couldn't agree more. There are so many changes Murray could make. Fish could very well be on that list too...

I wouldnt surprised if Fisher went either. Either way I dont think there is anyway Smith isnt on this team next year, he's earned his spot and I dont think it's even possible for the D not to have a rookie back there. Butler will make it with a good camp.

Smith is Ruutu's replacement IMO.

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Ruutu's stock would be at the highest right now for sure. That's a good point about Smith being Ruutu's replacement, he can kill penalties along with the hits and scoring. Ruutu took some real idiotic penalties in the post-season and I wouldn't be too sad to see him traded.

I would much rather have Smith in the lineup over Ruutu. Put him on that line with Neil and Kelly and you have a very tough line to play against while you get cheaper and young. He fits like a glove there.

There will be movement for sure in Ottawa this year.

N4L wrote:I would much rather have Smith in the lineup over Ruutu. Put him on that line with Neil and Kelly and you have a very tough line to play against while you get cheaper and young. He fits like a glove there.

There will be movement for sure in Ottawa this year.

well if Chicago losses to Vancouver.. Ruutu may be another piece they'd want from ottawa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum