GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season?

4 posters

Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season?

Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap20%Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap2100%Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 100% [ 2 ]
Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_lcap20%Zack Smith - - Where is he playing next season? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zack Smith really showed he's NHL ready in his first playoff action as a 4th liner but so did Foligno and many of us are ready to use him as trade bait. Is Zack afforded the same luxury as last training camp in that he was given a spot to lose? If so does he take the bull by the horns, so to speak, and take that spot?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think his status will depend on other roster moves. His 583k salary would be handy to add to a cap-conscious lineup.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=528084

Good article on Zack Smith

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Zack Smith really showed he's NHL ready in his first playoff action as a 4th liner but so did Foligno and many of us are ready to use him as trade bait. Is Zack afforded the same luxury as last training camp in that he was given a spot to lose? If so does he take the bull by the horns, so to speak, and take that spot?

It all depends on Cullen, Kovalev and the draft. I really don't think Kovalev will retire, and Cullen is a 50/50 to return, but if they both don't come back that's $8 million of cap space. Add on a Cheechoo buy out/bury, no Volch, Donovan, and Sutton and you're over $13 million of cap space.

Out of Bingo I think Smith is the only forward I would take, maybe Keller depending on his rookie/training camp. If we sign a Marleau or a big named UFA do we do it? Alfie's getting old and the farm isn't looking great on offensive prospects. I say lock up a good UFA long-term, preferably a left wing, trade Lee and O'Brien with our pick for a top 7-10, and let the kids play some hockey.

I rather a less talented Smith on my team than an old, heartless Kovalev.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Don't forget Butler as well.

Kovalev is apparently fantastic with the young guys like Regin and Foligno, a true leader, we might not want to get rid of him to be honest.

SpezDispenser wrote:Don't forget Butler as well.

Kovalev is apparently fantastic with the young guys like Regin and Foligno, a true leader, we might not want to get rid of him to be honest.

that was just said so that other teams will trade for him.

Smith is in Ottawa 100% next year. The Sens are going ot be tight against the cap and in all honesty, I think Smith has more potential ot help The Sens then Shannon, Foligno, and Winchester. No shot at his contract he doesnt make the team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum