GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens.

+4
PTFlea
stempniaksen
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
8 posters

Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens.

Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap213%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap20%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap213%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 13% [ 2 ]
Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap240%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 40% [ 6 ]
Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_lcap220%Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Vote_rcap2 20% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:10 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Jason Spezza started the season playing decent two way hockey but was heavily criticized for not being able to produce. He then took two steps backwards by playing poorly defensively and not producing. He suffered an injury and came back on fire offensively but was unable to put the whole package together in the first round of the playoffs.

I give Spezza a C+ for not being able to follow up the talk with results.

- Unknown Author

2Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:32 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

B+

Like it or not, our best Center. In my opinion, he worked hard, but he just doesn't have the defensive sense that Ottawa Fan craves so desperately.

Poor decisions in the offensive zone are also frustrating, and this is the part that I find unacceptable. That can, and must be, corrected. However, the pure offense, which is now more balanced between goals and assists, cannot be overlooked.

3Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:06 pm

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

I gave him a B for basically all the reasons that SSF gave, but he can do better in both ends of the rink (including on offense) which is why my grade is a bit lower.

4Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 pm

B-. Not gonna give him a great grade for playing 28 good games in a season of 82.

5Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:01 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

B for me. More backcheck please.

6Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

c+, he was the weak link of the 1st line with Foligno and Regin, made some decent plays, but lacked intensity I believed on most shifts, dropped him from a B- because of the turnover that lead to the Sid breakaway goal.

7Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:56 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:c+, he was the weak link of the 1st line with Foligno and Regin, made some decent plays, but lacked intensity I believed on most shifts, dropped him from a B- because of the turnover that lead to the Sid breakaway goal.

I disagree, at least for the last playoff game. Foligno was yelled at by Spezza with 2 minutes left in the faceoff circle because he was out of position.

I gave Spezza a B for the season. C+ for playing poorly but hurt and an A- for when he came back.

8Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:02 am

dennycrane wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:c+, he was the weak link of the 1st line with Foligno and Regin, made some decent plays, but lacked intensity I believed on most shifts, dropped him from a B- because of the turnover that lead to the Sid breakaway goal.

I disagree, at least for the last playoff game. Foligno was yelled at by Spezza with 2 minutes left in the faceoff circle because he was out of position.

I gave Spezza a B for the season. C+ for playing poorly but hurt and an A- for when he came back.

F for compete level. He didn't make or take a single hit or win a single battle in the corners. Playoff games are won by the grinders. Spezza for the next X amount of years scares me

9Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

B+, seven points in 6 games and first assist on all regins goals.

could he improve, sure. is he the reason we lost-no.

10Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Empty Re: Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:37 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

111519 wrote:B+, seven points in 6 games and first assist on all regins goals.

could he improve, sure. is he the reason we lost-no.

If that's the best thing you can say about your franchise centre, highest paid centre, and go-to guy in terms of offensive production, then there might be a bigger problem.

Talk about damning by faint praise. Jason Spezza - Grade the Sens. 270956

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum