GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada

+2
Jordo
TeamRenzo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:16 pm

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Steve Yzerman made it official yesterday and invited Spezza to join the rest of the hopefuls at Team Canada's summer camp.

Since Getzlaf is injured and cannot take part in any on ice activities, Spezza received the nod from Yzerman.

How good does Spezza have to play in order to make the team?

2Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:20 pm

TeamRenzo wrote:Steve Yzerman made it official yesterday and invited Spezza to join the rest of the hopefuls at Team Canada's summer camp.

Since Getzlaf is injured and cannot take part in any on ice activities, Spezza received the nod from Yzerman.

I think if he can continue his strong play from the Worlds over, he should have a shot. One thing is for sure; lots of serious talent is going to be left off of that roster.

3Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Jordo

Jordo
Sophomore
Sophomore

Very VERY good- but you know what- it's going to give him that extra motivation to perform this year. I really hope he makes the best of it and gives this thing a massive kick.

This news is FANTASTIC for the Sens org.

4Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:24 pm

hemlock wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:Steve Yzerman made it official yesterday and invited Spezza to join the rest of the hopefuls at Team Canada's summer camp.

I think if he can continue his strong play from the Worlds over, he should have a shot. One thing is for sure; lots of serious talent is going to be left off of that roster.

Yeah, again, the WC meant nothing.

5Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:32 pm

Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:

So carrying over the strong play into the season and up to the selections means nothing? In that case, why bother with a development camp if the team is already set?

6Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

A line in the Citizen today made me a tad nervous, though:

(Paraphrased): Spezza admitted that being left of the list had (the key, frightening word) motivated him to become a better player.

Obviously most Sens fans would like to see him make the team, but is this a confidence booster or a message that he doesn't need to make a number of changes to his game (specifically in the effort department)?

7Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:45 pm

asq2 wrote:A line in the Citizen today made me a tad nervous, though:

(Paraphrased): Spezza admitted that being left of the list had (the key, frightening word) motivated him to become a better player.

Obviously most Sens fans would like to see him make the team, but is this a confidence booster or a message that he doesn't need to make a number of changes to his game (specifically in the effort department)?

I will attribute that little verb tense slip-up to being to busy with hockey practices to attend his Grade 2 English class.

8Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

A motivated Spezza will be dangerous, let's hope he is motivated enough

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

9Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens19 wrote:A motivated Spezza will be dangerous, let's hope he is motivated enough

Spezza himself was quoted as saying "motivation is what drives me" in a Jubilee Fine Jewelers commercial. That's all you need to know.

10Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Sens19 wrote:A motivated Spezza will be dangerous, let's hope he is motivated enough

Spezza himself was quoted as saying "motivation is what drives me" in a Jubilee Fine Jewelers commercial. That's all you need to know.

Well great then. I think this is going to be a great season for Spezza regardless of whether he makes the Olympic team or not

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

11Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:20 pm

hemlock wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:
hemlock wrote:

It wasnt strong play, it was shinny hockey 90% of the tournament. Saying you hope he carry's on his play from the last few games of the season, that's fair.

The WC were an absolute joke.

So carrying over the strong play into the season and up to the selections means nothing? In that case, why bother with a development camp if the team is already set?

12Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Empty Re: Jason Spezza's invite to Team Canada Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:08 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The WC were, of course, diluted, but Spezza was still doing pretty well on a team with Heatley, Stamkos (playing well), St. Louis, Doan, Fisher. He had more goals than Heatley, and the most even-handed goals of all Team Canada players. I think it's fair to say that he played well -- not great, but well. So to say that "I hope he carries his play from the end of the season and the Worlds over to the start of this season and (hopefully) the Olympics" is a very valid expression.

Who peed in your cornflakes, anyway? I am agreeing here with you that the WC was far from the best players competing, but it feels like it's not enough for you to just state the obvious, you also want everyone else to just lose all positive thoughts/hopes.

Seriosly, why? Let it go. go sip a cold one. Bring us more trade rumouors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum