GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+28
stempniaksen
beedub
rooneypoo
SensFan71
asq2
Bramlet07
Tuk Tuk
SensGal
Devo
CockRoche
Hockeyhero22000
sens4win
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
Hobiesens
Hoags
Hayden
dennycrane
wprager
Ev
PTFlea
SensGirl11
caissie_1
PKC
shabbs
Riprock
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

SensGirl11

Mod
Mod

Flyers-Rangers postseason scenarios

By Yahoo! Sports Staff
Apr 9, 1:54 am EDTz

• Standings | Playoff matchups if season ended now
We break down the postseason significance of Friday’s Flyers-Rangers game at 7 p.m. ET.

The Montreal Canadiens clinch a playoff berth unless the Rangers beat the Flyers in overtime or a shootout.
The Philadelphia Flyers clinch a playoff berth with a win. The Flyers, Canadiens and Boston Bruins clinch the final three playoff berths if the Rangers lose in regulation.
The Bruins do not clinch a playoff berth Friday if the Rangers lose in overtime or a shootout.
No team clinches a playoff berth Friday if the New York Rangers win.
The Rangers play the Flyers twice. If the Rangers win both games,
they clinch a playoff berth unless both games go to overtime, in which
case the Flyers clinch a playoff berth and the Bruins, Canadiens and
Rangers vie for the final two playoff spots. The Canadiens would clinch
with a point. The Bruins would clinch with a win or two overtime
losses. The Rangers would clinch with a Canadiens regulation loss
and/or two Bruins losses (including at least one in regulation).

The Flyers would be eliminated with two regulation losses. The Canadiens and Bruins would clinch playoff berths.
The Flyers would clinch a playoff berth with a regulation loss and
an overtime loss and both/either a Canadiens regulation loss and/or two
Bruins regulation losses.

Wow. It's going to be a crazy weekend! General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 805406 General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 2 432129

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What a crazy sequence of events that has led to some of the biggest games of the year. Sunday could be ridiculous. Ahhhhh!

Riprock

All-Star
All-Star

Ovechkin scores twice to reach 50.

I'd rather see Crosby or preferably Stamkos win the Rocket.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Crosby's got the advantage, he gets to play the Thrashers and Islanders again!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dash wrote:Ovechkin scores twice to reach 50.

I'd rather see Crosby or preferably Stamkos win the Rocket.

So he's got the lead. Crosby's 50th was given to Guerin after review. Did he do another embarrassing celebration? You know, he and his stick should just get a room.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Boston scored 3 SHG in 1:04!

That's *GOTTA* be a record!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Boston scored 3 SHG in 1:04!

That's *GOTTA* be a record!

Gotta be at least a team record, we couldn't believe our eyes.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

WHAT? Wow. That's amazing for Boston, but not so great for whoever they are playing. Is that going on now?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:WHAT? Wow. That's amazing for Boston, but not so great for whoever they are playing. Is that going on now?

Yeah, Carolina came back and scored 2 to make it 3-2, but the ref just lost site of the puck when the Bs scored just now to make it 4-2 and called it back. So it remains 3-2 going into the 3rd.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

00:32BostonDaniel Paille (Zdeno Chara, Johnny Boychuk) SH1-0 Boston
01:21BostonBlake Wheeler (David Krejci) SH2-0 Boston
01:36BostonSteve Begin (Dennis Wideman, Daniel Paille) SH3-0 Boston

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, here's hoping for a Leafs regulation win over the Habs tonight combined with a Rags OT win over Philly on Sunday to bounce the Habs from the playoffs entirely.

SWEET!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

shabbs wrote:Well, here's hoping for a Leafs regulation win over the Habs tonight combined with a Rags OT win over Philly on Sunday to bounce the Habs from the playoffs entirely.

SWEET!

What do you all guys have against the Habs. Seriously. It's their fans (and, then again, not all of them) that can rub people the wrong way.

Wouldn't it be even better if they made it in 8th and got swept? By Theodore?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:
shabbs wrote:Well, here's hoping for a Leafs regulation win over the Habs tonight combined with a Rags OT win over Philly on Sunday to bounce the Habs from the playoffs entirely.

SWEET!

What do you all guys have against the Habs. Seriously. It's their fans (and, then again, not all of them) that can rub people the wrong way.

Wouldn't it be even better if they made it in 8th and got swept? By Theodore?
Nope. I'd rather they miss entirely.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Isn't it absolutely incredible that, after 80 games, the Devils and Penguins have identical records?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

wprager wrote:Isn't it absolutely incredible that, after 80 games, the Devils and Penguins have identical records?
And that they're both battling for Divisional lead.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm so tired of Stamkos' one timer on the PP, just cover him god damnit!

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Evander Kane knocks out Cooke with one punch - check it out on youtube.

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Hayden wrote:Evander Kane knocks out Cooke with one punch - check it out on youtube.

ThumbsUp

That was huge

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum