GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition

+14
sens4win
Ev
Tuk Tuk
KidKarlsson
Riprock
CockRoche
stempniaksen
SensHulk
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
SDH89
PTFlea
Bramlet07
wprager
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

46Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well, here's puck drop, I'll check my PM and e-mail Inbox one last time.

47Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:52 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Quick explanation of the spreadsheet.

1. Look for your 'handle' in row 2.

2. Your total will be in row 3; there's just a 4 there now, since none of the series are over. Rows 5-8 hold the points accumulated from individual rounds.

3. To "predict" where you will be given a particular outcome, enter that outcome in column AE in the appropriate row. For example, let's say you want to know what happens if the Sens sweep -- enter OTT4 in cell AE15.

4. The scoring compares the 1st three letters of your pick with the 1st three letters in column AE; if it matches you are awarded the 2 points (and this doubles in each round) and then it checks the last character of your pick with the last one in AE, and awards you the bonus point if the digits match.

5. When we actually have some differences in the totals then the cell colour in row 3 will indicate your place in the pool. A red background means you are in 1st (as, currently, everyone is), followed by yellow for 2nd and light blue-ish for 3rd. If there's a tie for 1st then there's no-one in second and so on. Right now everyone is tied for 1st so there are no yellow or blue totals.

6. You can also enter just a team's TLA (three letter acronym) in column AE to see what will happen if a particular team wins (but no bonus points will be given out). You can see that, currently, if the winner of the first game wins each of the series that started, Dash and Mark will share the lead.

7. I am *so* glad I went with my heart and not my head. I was >this< close to picking Pens in 7. It still could go that way, but at least now I can cheer for the Sens with no regrets.

48Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 am

wprager wrote:Here it is:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/955066/2010_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

Take a look and double check all your picks.

cool!

49Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:38 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I went with Sens in 6. I'm regretting my SJ pick now though. I got duped and I should have know better.

- Unknown Author

50Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Don't for a second assume that any of the underdogs from last night have clinched a berth in the second round.

San Jose had a ton of chances, those will start going in eventually.

Do you think Boucher will steal 4 games?

Do you think Detroit will just fold now?

Do you think Crosby will be satisfied with 3 assists?

51Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:15 am

wprager wrote:Don't for a second assume that any of the underdogs from last night have clinched a berth in the second round.

San Jose had a ton of chances, those will start going in eventually.

Do you think Boucher will steal 4 games?

Do you think Detroit will just fold now?

Do you think Crosby will be satisfied with 3 assists?

of course not but the Sens aren't satified with him getting 3 either.

52Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:20 am

CockRoche

CockRoche
Veteran
Veteran

I know I am to late, but here are my picks. Add them if you wish, if not I won't be offended.

Washington in 6
NJ in 6
Buffalo in 6
Ottawa in 6

San Jose in 7
Chicago in 5
Vancouver in 5
Detroit in 7

53Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:21 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You were already in the spreadsheet and you had Pittsburgh winning.

54Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

oh nevermind, my mistake...your name was in it, but your picks weren't submitted so you had all the favourites winning in 7

55Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Only A-train and I had The Flyers winning the series. Congrats to us lol

56Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, boys and girls. It's getting real close. Three series are over, another could end tonight. It could all be over Tuesday; worst case, Thursday night.

Round two could begin as early as Friday night, so keep following the scores and get ready to make your picks.

With the results of the three completed series entered in, Bramlet is in the lead with 12 points, followed by Big-Ev and A-Train tied for second with 10. I had originally picked Pittsburgh in 6 but just could not vote with my brain. I'm good with that; at least I can sleep at night. Points double next round so those 3 points will take no time to make up.

There was a little bit of a mix up in the spreadsheet. It'll be updated for the second round, but if you want to run some what-ifs, this is what you could do to fix it up:

1. Unhide column AG (select columns AF through AH, right-click and select Unhide)
2. Fix the formulas in rows 3, 4 and 5 in column AG -- replace AB3 with V3.

What's broken in the current version is the highlighting of the top three positions. Other than that, it should be fine.

57Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see the Wings losing Game 7, so I could get another series perfect! Don't want to gloat too much though, I had the Devils, I have the Habs, Sabres, and Preds who are all down in their series.

58Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:20 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This round I totally f'd up the East which is weird because I thought I'd have a better handle on the East. My West predictions are looking pretty solid though. With a Detroit win I end up with 7 of a possible 8 in the West.

Too bad you don't still get points for guessing the number of games correctly eh prages? That would help me a little.

East
Buffalo in 6 - 0 points
Devils in 6 - 0 points
Sens in 6 - 0 points
Washington in 5 - maybe 1 point?

West
San Jose in 5 - 1 point
Chicago in 6 - 2 points
Vancouver in 6 - 2 points
Detroint in 7 - maybe 2 points?

- Unknown Author

59Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:36 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

damn I got messed too. I'm so bitter that struggling teams like Boston and Philly that just fell over the finish line get to advance over a team like Ottawa Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 489887

60Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, so the 1st round is over and it was full of upsets. Every single series was clinched on the road. Bramlet07 leads with 21 points, followed by BigEv and Hobiesens at 18. Dash and M_Christopher are keeping each other company at the bottom with 8 points. Think about it, everyone started with 4 points, which means they only got 4 of a possible 24 points. That's a bit of a hole, but in this pool you're never out of it, at least not after the first round.

Anyhow, the first game is scheduled for 9PM tomorrow, so send me your picks before that time. The matchups are as follows (home team in bold):

East:
Montreal(8) vs. Pittsburgh(4)
Philadelphia(7) vs. Boston(6)

West:
Detroit(5) vs. San Jose(1)
Vancouver(3) vs. Chicago(2)

The spreadsheet has been updated: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/955066/2010_PlayOffs_Pool.xls

61Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:03 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, I see one of you has already sent in their picks. Well done. However I really have to get a JAFO to collect the picks for the next round. As usual, home team in 7 if you fail to send me your picks by tomorrow 9:05-ish (puck drop).

62Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Diddling Caps preventing me from getting every series right Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 555492

63Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:24 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bramlet07 wrote:Diddling Caps preventing me from getting every series right Prager's Brackets - 2010 edition - Page 4 555492

Impressive, but don't tempt Karma. You're in the lead. Stay down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum