GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Just In....Huet Sucks

+5
LeCaptain
SensHulk
PTFlea
sens4win
dennycrane
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty This Just In....Huet Sucks Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:02 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Gave up 7 to Columbus This Just In....Huet Sucks 805406 tonight. This guy is fart-in-an-elevator bad.

A mildly entertaining read: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blackhawks-confidential/2010/03/huet-ends-his-blackhawks-career-in-a-8-3-loss-to-columbus-bye-bye-cris.html

2This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 pm

sens4win

sens4win
Veteran
Veteran

dennycrane wrote:Gave up 7 to Columbus This Just In....Huet Sucks 805406 tonight. This guy is fart-in-an-elevator bad.

A mildly entertaining read: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/blackhawks-confidential/2010/03/huet-ends-his-blackhawks-career-in-a-8-3-loss-to-columbus-bye-bye-cris.html
thats the question no one will ask or answer,

3This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

dennycrane wrote:Gave up 7 to Columbus This Just In....Huet Sucks 805406 tonight. This guy is fart-in-an-elevator bad.

Laughing3

4This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

hmm this might be our chance to waive Leclaire.....but I guess waiver pick ups can't play in the playoffs?

5This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:02 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sooner or later, people will believe me when I say I'd rather have Philly's goaltending^^

6This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 am

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

And Niemi just secured the starter role This Just In....Huet Sucks 270956

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

7This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Michallica wrote:hmm this might be our chance to waive Leclaire.....but I guess waiver pick ups can't play in the playoffs?

No they can't as far as I know.

8This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'd say it was mildly mediocre. To pin all the blame on the goalie? They *both* got pulled. It wasn't *just* the goalies' fault. And did Niemi *really* get pulled after only allowing 1 goal, 'cause that's the only way Huet could give up 7. What was *really* the story there? Did Niemi get injured?

9This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:24 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

M_Christopher wrote:And Niemi just secured the starter role This Just In....Huet Sucks 270956

Where's DTR to set us all straight? Early on in the season (when I picked Huet in the draft Sad ) he told me that Bowman was very high on Niemi. Question is, was it Scotty or Stan-the-man? Niemi is a good young goaltender, the kind you see in a backup role on most NHL teams. But is he ready to be a Stanley Cup champion? Or even to take on the eventual champs? Time will tell. Certainly their defense will make it easier on him than Washington's on Varlamov, but when's the last time a rookie goalie won a Cup? I think it was Ward, and before that it was Roy in '86. So one rookie in nearly a quarter century. Frankly, I don't like Chicago's chances.

10This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:51 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

The suggestion that the cap-constrained 'Hawks should just buyout Huet is kinda laughable. That's almost $2 mil added to your cap, every year for the next 4 years.

Uh, just how do they handle doing so again, when they're over the cap for next year already, with only 9 forwards, 4 D, and 1 goalie (Huet!) signed? Who's the mystery goalie they're gonna get that's gonna save the team, and cost only pennies, and not cause them to tear the team apart just to fit him in?

CHI is going to have to move someone like Huet or Campbell just to ice a full roster next year.

11This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 am

should the sens go after Campbell?

Maybe a Campbell for Kuba trade...

12This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:should the sens go after Campbell?

Maybe a Campbell for Kuba trade...

I wouldn't rule it out, but we're heading for a bit of a cap pickle this off-season ourselves. I'm just not sure how we could afford him. It'd have to be Kuba going one place (re: CHI is going to want to save $), and then Leclaire another (tall order). Something like that. And no Volchenkov re-signing. And Andy Sutton re-signing for under $3 mil.

That's a lot of conditions. Smile

13This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:08 am

hm.. maybe I'll just hope for the FLA trade that someone (Ithink Pheonix) suggested yesterday.

Horton and Vokuun

for

Kovalev, Leclaire and Campoli

14This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:20 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:hmm this might be our chance to waive Leclaire.....but I guess waiver pick ups can't play in the playoffs?

You can't even think about moving Leclaire until you see how Elliott, or Leclaire if it comes to that, end up doing in the playoffs.

15This Just In....Huet Sucks Empty Re: This Just In....Huet Sucks Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

DirtyDave wrote:hm.. maybe I'll just hope for the FLA trade that someone (Ithink Pheonix) suggested yesterday.

Horton and Vokuun

for

Kovalev, Leclaire and Campoli

I think the hold up on that deal is that we're waiting for the Crosby for Winchester, Donovan, Cheechoo, and a 7th deal to go through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum