GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher sets career high in points!

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Forget about Polak, the Blues are an air-tight run franchise now, they wouldn't deal someone they feel had a future with their team - which makes me VERY nervous about Boyes BTW.

And if we trade Kuba, who plays D for us?

Depends on who we signed before we deal him and if we get another D in return, right?

Very much so, yeah. I'm not convinced you could get any of the Blues players away from them with the exception of Boyes though, so we'd have to find a replacement for Kuba somewhere else. And you know that I'm about fed up with Kuba - when he's in the lineup I find he's weak on the puck and has a lot of trouble these days, but then he's out of the lineup all the time. It's really frustrating.

This team survived last night without him, but look at all the games that he's missed recently that we've lost. That means that if we don't have him, we need a comparable guy who can eat 23 minutes+ a night and also transition the puck and also play the PP and while not impossible to get, an upgrade on Kuba would be very, very difficult to acquire IMO.

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Forget about Polak, the Blues are an air-tight run franchise now, they wouldn't deal someone they feel had a future with their team - which makes me VERY nervous about Boyes BTW.

Depends on who we signed before we deal him and if we get another D in return, right?

Very much so, yeah. I'm not convinced you could get any of the Blues players away from them with the exception of Boyes though, so we'd have to find a replacement for Kuba somewhere else. And you know that I'm about fed up with Kuba - when he's in the lineup I find he's weak on the puck and has a lot of trouble these days, but then he's out of the lineup all the time. It's really frustrating.

This team survived last night without him, but look at all the games that he's missed recently that we've lost. That means that if we don't have him, we need a comparable guy who can eat 23 minutes+ a night and also transition the puck and also play the PP and while not impossible to get, an upgrade on Kuba would be very, very difficult to acquire IMO.

Sutton played 23 minutes just last night.

All hail Andy Sutton.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

C. Neil = W....No wait too obvious. Chris N. = Win.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

All hail Andy Sutton.

You're saying Andy Sutton is the replacement for Filip Kuba?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The 6 guys that played last night? + Brian Lee Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:The 6 guys that played last night? + Brian Lee Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 270956

Campoli might be good enough to take some of those minutes in all seriousness, but otherwise, no thanks.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:The 6 guys that played last night? + Brian Lee Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 270956

Campoli might be good enough to take some of those minutes in all seriousness, but otherwise, no thanks.

I had a laughing smiley that isn't showing.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

All hail Andy Sutton.

I'm saying Sutton played 23 minutes and did a hell of a job.

No matter what, Kuba is miscast as a #1 D. As I said before, Phillips is closer to being an all-around #1 D than Kuba is. Right off the bat, I would say that a Karlsson - Phillips pairing is an instant upgrade on Karlsson - Kuba.

Without knowing who will be retained and who will be acquired, it's tough to speculate on what the D will look like next year. Here's what we know, signed are Phillips, Karlsson, Kuba, Carkner and Lee.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I had a laughing smiley that isn't showing.

Something's messing with the smileys right now. There's also quite the lag on this site. Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 805406

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

All hail Andy Sutton.

No matter what, Kuba is miscast as a #1 D. As I said before, Phillips is closer to being an all-around #1 D than Kuba is. Right off the bat, I would say that a Karlsson - Phillips pairing is an instant upgrade on Karlsson - Kuba.

Without knowing who will be retained and who will be acquired, it's tough to speculate on what the D will look like next year. Here's what we know, signed are Phillips, Karlsson, Kuba, Carkner and Lee.

Bingo! Chris Phillips is the #1D on this team. Although not a true #1, he's vastly underrated. Kuba is useless.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

So this Fisher guy is breaking out?

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

SDH89 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

All hail Andy Sutton.

Bingo! Chris Phillips is the #1D on this team. Although not a true #1, he's vastly underrated. Kuba is useless.

Look how many games we've lost with Kuba out of the lineup over the last 2 years. I'm not saying Kuba is our number one guy (heck he should really be no higher than a #3) but our team struggles when he's out of the lineup.

He's not spectacular by any means but he's a solid veteran who can play in the defensive zone and make a decent breakout pass. There's no one else on this team that plays that type of gasme consistently other than Phillips.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah exactly, it's not that we lose when Kuba's out as much as we lose when our quasi-top pairing guy is out. Replace Kuba with Gonchar and you've made a nice upgrade. Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 Icon_wink

44Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:13 pm

Sophomore
Sophomore

I remember about three months ago when this team was in the ditch and Fisher was on fire with Spezza hurting, people were demanding we trade Spezza and make Fisher our number one centre.

Now we want to keep Cullen-33 years old, and trade Fisher-29.

Hello bandwagon.

45Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 3 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:03 pm

111519 wrote:I remember about three months ago when this team was in the ditch and Fisher was on fire with Spezza hurting, people were demanding we trade Spezza and make Fisher our number one centre.

Now we want to keep Cullen-33 years old, and trade Fisher-29.

Hello bandwagon.

No one said make him the number 1 center, we said he was the number 1 center. At the time he was, there wasnt a lot of debate about that and Fisher did indeed carry the load when Spezza was playing like he was.

Also, people never "demanded" Spezza be traded. Everyone was saying if they did, there are not a whole lot of people that would have cared around here.

Fisher isnt going to have a better year then he did this year and if you want to get Spezza a winger, he's the obvious guy to deal.

As for Cullen, the guy is a better player then Fisher and is about as complete a player as you will find in The NHL. Yes, I would rather have Cullen then Fisher.

It's not bandwagon jumping, but Fisher's value will never be any higher then it is right now. He could land Spezza a solid winger who can put the puck in the net and hopefully a pick or prospect on top of that. It's not a must, it was simply ment for discussion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum