GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mike Fisher sets career high in points!

+4
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:40 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:
Don't we have 69 guys who can PK now?
We need a L winger baaadly.

Peter Regin played an excellent LW last night. Could he be the future LW? He plays quite similarly to Michalek I find.

17Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Peter Regin played an excellent LW last night. Could he be the future LW? He plays quite similarly to Michalek I find.

If Regin keeps it up on the top line at LW, it would be a good idea to just leave Michalek on Fishers left side. It's not like Michalek plays off of his linemates anyway.

18Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

I'd rather develop him at center and find a LW that has deadly one timers.
Like Neely said, if Brad Boyes is available we should be in the run. If you put him on the 1st line he can basically replace Heatley and you'll have Michalek with Regin and Kovalev.

19Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

I'd rather develop him at center and find a LW that has deadly one timers.

This team is not in the business of developing centers. They're in the business of letting them rot on the 3rd or 4th line or being part of the revolving door of non-wingers playing wing on the 1st 2 lines.

20Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:47 pm

Boyes is a guy Murray should be looking at, everyone knows he is available as well. If you can pick up a guy like Ian Cole with him, you do it in a second.

21Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What do the Blues want for Boyes? That's part of the equation as well. Otherwise, I think he'd be great here.

22Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:52 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, I believe he's a RW and we need a LW pretty bad.

23Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Also, I believe he's a RW and we need a LW pretty bad.

He can play LW. He's scored some beauties from there.
Anyways, if you play with Alfie and Spezza you probably don't care where you are, just get open for one timers.

Last edited by marakh on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

24Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:

Okay then, what do we have to give up?

25Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mike Fisher sets career high in points! Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

No clue Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 270956

They probably want a Kuba + type of thing. They need a defenseman on the left side of the PP.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

They probably want a Kuba + type of thing. They need a defenseman on the left side of the PP.

I think the dream deal would be Kuba and Volchenkov for Boyes and Roman Polak.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Well, Kuba's NTC ends like around July 1 so it's basically Kuba and a few hours negociations with VOlchenkov Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 270956

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
marakh wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
marakh wrote:

Well, Kuba's NTC ends like around July 1 so it's basically Kuba and a few hours negociations with VOlchenkov Mike Fisher sets career high in points! - Page 2 270956

Dealio!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Forget about Polak, the Blues are an air-tight run franchise now, they wouldn't deal someone they feel had a future with their team - which makes me VERY nervous about Boyes BTW.

And if we trade Kuba, who plays D for us?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Forget about Polak, the Blues are an air-tight run franchise now, they wouldn't deal someone they feel had a future with their team - which makes me VERY nervous about Boyes BTW.

Depends on who we signed before we deal him and if we get another D in return, right?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Forget about Polak, the Blues are an air-tight run franchise now, they wouldn't deal someone they feel had a future with their team - which makes me VERY nervous about Boyes BTW.

Depends on who we signed before we deal him and if we get another D in return, right?

Very much so, yeah. I'm not convinced you could get any of the Blues players away from them with the exception of Boyes though, so we'd have to find a replacement for Kuba somewhere else. And you know that I'm about fed up with Kuba - when he's in the lineup I find he's weak on the puck and has a lot of trouble these days, but then he's out of the lineup all the time. It's really frustrating.

This team survived last night without him, but look at all the games that he's missed recently that we've lost. That means that if we don't have him, we need a comparable guy who can eat 23 minutes+ a night and also transition the puck and also play the PP and while not impossible to get, an upgrade on Kuba would be very, very difficult to acquire IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Very much so, yeah. I'm not convinced you could get any of the Blues players away from them with the exception of Boyes though, so we'd have to find a replacement for Kuba somewhere else. And you know that I'm about fed up with Kuba - when he's in the lineup I find he's weak on the puck and has a lot of trouble these days, but then he's out of the lineup all the time. It's really frustrating.

This team survived last night without him, but look at all the games that he's missed recently that we've lost. That means that if we don't have him, we need a comparable guy who can eat 23 minutes+ a night and also transition the puck and also play the PP and while not impossible to get, an upgrade on Kuba would be very, very difficult to acquire IMO.

Sutton played 23 minutes just last night.

All hail Andy Sutton.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

C. Neil = W....No wait too obvious. Chris N. = Win.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum