GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010

+21
Hockeyhero22000
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
stempniaksen
Riprock
The Silfer Server
garblar
SDH89
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
dennycrane
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Ottawa @ Montreal, March 22, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 20]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Lines from practice:

Cullen-Spezza-Alfredsson
Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev
Ruutu-Kelly-Neil-Donovan
Smith-Regin-Winchester-Shannon.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Elliott to start; Smith is playing.

Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I'm hopeful of the Sens putting their @$$-kickin' boots on tonight and taking it to the undersized Habs.

Put Sutton and Carkner together full-time and enjoy.

Carkner is too slow and Habs don't play one on one often, they make very quick passes.
Karlsson would be more suitable against the Habs, like during the last game against the Habs.
If you wanna go physical, do it on the forecheck.

It's just too bad that Karlsson sucks noodles right now. He needs to be better, but alas....us depending on a 19 year old is the real tragedy GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 489887

Depending on what happens in the next two weeks we could be depending on a lot more than just one sub 21 year old next year. If the Sens miss the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see all the UFAs walk/rights traded: Volchenkov, Cullen, and Sutton, and some dead roster weight traded: Kelly, Ruuttu, Leclaire, Winchester, Kuba?? etc. If the Sens miss the playoffs or don't go deep I wouldn't be shocked to see some new faces here next year. I'm thinking along the lines of Cowen, Lee (guaranteed unless he's traded), Z Smith, perhaps one of Hennessey, Keller, or St. Pierre.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Smith is up, presumably for Shannon.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Hey man, paper cuts hurt

I got *two* yesterday, but I still put up the GDT. But, then again, I don't have the security of a long-term multi-million dollar contract either.

Don't worry prages. As soon as this website is worth multi-millions we'll begin negotiations. Wink

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kovalev has zero points since the break and is -10. Karlsson hasn't scored in 29 games, and was -4 in the last game.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/03/21/13313211-qmi.html

“That’s the only thing, I think I need to score more goals,” he said. “One goal, it’s not enough. But still, with a little luck I could have had 10 goals instead of one. I need to do something to score some goals. I don’t know what it is yet, but hopefully I figure it out pretty soon.”

(raises hand) Oooh, ooh, ooh! How about shooting more?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
wprager wrote:
TheAvatar wrote:Hey man, paper cuts hurt

I got *two* yesterday, but I still put up the GDT. But, then again, I don't have the security of a long-term multi-million dollar contract either.

Don't worry prages. As soon as this website is worth multi-millions we'll begin negotiations. Wink

'Cause you know what I could get on the open market.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Kovalfie wrote:
Depending on what happens in the next two weeks we could be depending on a lot more than just one sub 21 year old next year. If the Sens miss the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see all the UFAs walk/rights traded: Volchenkov, Cullen, and Sutton, and some dead roster weight traded: Kelly, Ruuttu, Leclaire, Winchester, Kuba?? etc. If the Sens miss the playoffs or don't go deep I wouldn't be shocked to see some new faces here next year. I'm thinking along the lines of Cowen, Lee (guaranteed unless he's traded), Z Smith, perhaps one of Hennessey, Keller, or St. Pierre.

Is there a reason Kovalev is missing from your list of those who could be gone next season? 0 points and -10 since the break. And you call *Kelly* the roster dead weight?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
Michallica wrote:
marakh wrote:
dennycrane wrote:I'm hopeful of the Sens putting their @$$-kickin' boots on tonight and taking it to the undersized Habs.

Put Sutton and Carkner together full-time and enjoy.

Carkner is too slow and Habs don't play one on one often, they make very quick passes.
Karlsson would be more suitable against the Habs, like during the last game against the Habs.
If you wanna go physical, do it on the forecheck.

It's just too bad that Karlsson sucks noodles right now. He needs to be better, but alas....us depending on a 19 year old is the real tragedy GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 489887

I would suspect you'd see Sutton stay and A-train gone for youth. The Sens would probably walk away from Cullen and try to move Leclaire. I don't think they would move Ruutu or Kelly as both are having career years. Kuba I could definitely see gone though.

So should the Sens miss the playoffs the team could look something like this next season. I wouldn't have too high expectations for sure.

Alfie - Spezza - Michalek
Foligno - Fisher - Kovalev
Shannon - Regin - Winchester
Ruutu - Kelly - Neil

Phillips - Karlsson
Campoli - Sutton
Carkner - Cowen

Elliott
Brodeur??

- Unknown Author

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

all right. Time to think Positive! We're gonna get it right tonight and come away with a hard fought victory. The games have been getting closer lately (which is good) so I expect an overtime game. Kovalev comes through in the shootout GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 235689

anyone else want what I'm on?? GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 3 576107

Last game was encouraging, I liked the way they played aside from 2 guys. If Ottawa can come out with a strong effort, get a lead for Elliott who usually plays well with the lead, you will see a win.

I dont make a lot of predictions but Im saying a 3-1 win for The Sens.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I'm gonna say an OT or SO game, don't know who wins but I expect a lot of goals. Big game from Gionta, Markov, Spezza and Fisher.

Kovalev snipes the winner tonight.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I strangely have a good feeling about tonights game. We have a good record vs. the Habs over the past couple seasons, we're playing like a team ready to get out of this slide and the Habs have relied pretty heavily on Halak and some OT magic lately. I think this is where the Sens start to turn it around and the Habs crash back to earth.

Or could it be that I'm positive because the puck hasn't dropped yet? :prop:

- Unknown Author

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

How many multi-goals have we given up in less than 5 min in the last few games?
It's like they get scored on and think the game's over. It's becoming a trend.
A 2 goal lead early may be crucial at this point.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't know if this has been reported yet but...

http://www.ottawasun.com/sports/hockey/2010/03/22/13316291.html

Ryan Shannon, who hasn't scored in 21 games, will be replaced in the lineup by Binghamton callup Zack Smith.

Defenceman Filip Kuba will also sit out Monday night's game. He's missed seven of the last eight games with an upper body injury.

It also says Michalek could be worse off than originally thought and we should know more tonight.

- Unknown Author

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

1st post Latest updates and key injuries updated to reflect no Cammelari, no MAB, no Kuba, no Michalek and Z. Smith replacing Shannon.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why is Shannon out? Is he injured?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum