GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010

+21
Hockeyhero22000
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
stempniaksen
Riprock
The Silfer Server
garblar
SDH89
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
dennycrane
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Ottawa @ Montreal, March 22, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 20 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One thing I will say about goaltending is that a great save that you don't expect the goalie to make does not necessarily mean the goalie was at fault for being out of position.

An example is a two on one. Goalie plays the shooter, is in proper position, but the quick pass gets across. The goalie slides across and makes a blocker, glove or pad/toe save that he had almost no chance on. Great save and not anything to do with a goalie being out of position.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Those types of saves can happen and it doesn't mean the goalie is having an off night positionally. Those types of situations will happen, especially in the playoffs and a save or two of that nature will likely be required now and then.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:One thing I will say about goaltending is that a great save that you don't expect the goalie to make does not necessarily mean the goalie was at fault for being out of position.

An example is a two on one. Goalie plays the shooter, is in proper position, but the quick pass gets across. The goalie slides across and makes a blocker, glove or pad/toe save that he had almost no chance on. Great save and not anything to do with a goalie being out of position.

It doesnt, but when he doesnt have to make a single one, it means he was. A great save is sometimes needed and its not the fault of the goaltender. When there isnt a single one needed, it could be for a number of reasons, but everytime one of the reasons is he was in position all night and played a solid game.

Ive never heard someone say "he didnt have to make a great save and barly noticed him, he was awful".

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:One thing I will say about goaltending is that a great save that you don't expect the goalie to make does not necessarily mean the goalie was at fault for being out of position.

I agree. I tell my son the same thing. And I don't even care if he gets beat as long as he made the right read put himself in the right spot.

One thing I cant stand with Elliott is his ability to handle the puck. He needs to work on that or just leave it alone although last night he was better with it. Defently panics when he has that puck on his stick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

N4L wrote:One thing I cant stand with Elliott is his ability to handle the puck. He needs to work on that or just leave it alone although last night he was better with it. Defently panics when he has that puck on his stick.

Yeah, imagine what he could have done last night. Empty net, he catches the puck in his glove and ends up forcing a face off. How sweet would it have been if he could shoot it down the ice instead, and win 3-0?

Funny you mentioned that...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Previewin---Senators-Host-Flyers-at-Scotiabank/134/27172

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:Funny you mentioned that...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Travis-Yost/Previewin---Senators-Host-Flyers-at-Scotiabank/134/27172

We have our own Preview up if you're interested.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum