GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010

+21
Hockeyhero22000
Devo
PKC
caissie_1
stempniaksen
Riprock
The Silfer Server
garblar
SDH89
PTFlea
SensGirl11
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
dennycrane
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
sens4win
Flo The Action
Ev
wprager
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Ottawa @ Montreal, March 22, 2010

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap244%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 44% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap222%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_lcap211%GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 20]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Hypothetically speaking, would you trade Karlsson for Erik Johnson?

Such a loaded question... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 270956

Maybe, but it's nice to have your own, home-grown player, no?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
It's great to save money and all but UFAs are hard to come by at this point. With the exception of very few players, all the franchise players are locked up with teams that drafted them. Otherwise you end up paying too much a la Campbell. We once had a franchise d-man but we let him walk for two years of Wade

Chara's only got one more year left in Boston - and who's to say if he'll stay? Markov, Kaberle, both up after next year.

SpezDispenser wrote:
Kovalfie wrote:
It's really a wash on both ends. Both need roster shakeups, both have an asset the other team needs, I really hope BM is reading this right now. His GP over the last couple years is scary but the way the Flyers play hockey it's not a shock. Look at Briere's production. Not saying Briere is an elite hockey player but I think his decline in points only strengthens my argument. Gagne would fit in perfectly with Ottawa. Wouldn't mind taking Powe off their hands too for say Cody Bass.

We don't need a roster shakeup, we're just young in virtually every position. Philly needs a goalie and at the same time they need to dump $$ to do it, so it makes sense. But...Gagne has a NTC, is Ottawa a place he'd want to play?

I'd think a 30 year old French Canadian would want to put his kids in a French school and be close to family and friends. He's from St Foy Quebec which, well, I have no idea where the hell that is in Quebec but it's close enough without having to play in Montreal.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hmmm, you think Chara might be willing to come back?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Big Ev wrote:Hypothetically speaking, would you trade Karlsson for Erik Johnson?

I think it's time to end that conversation GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 54934

SpezDispenser wrote:

Such a loaded question... GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 270956

Maybe, but it's nice to have your own, home-grown player, no?

I think that all depends on how Cowen turns out...

Big Ev wrote:Hmmm, you think Chara might be willing to come back?

he did want to re-sign and i think still has property here. might have to start a gmhockey "we want chara" campaign, sway some fans to join in, and push murray's hand. you think we got that much pull here?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Won't Murray be out when Chara's free agency kicks in, though?

don't be shocked if murray signs an extension. though you don't see it yet, he's done an excellent job rebuilding the franchise from the ground up

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Off topic to the Sens, but reminded me of it when you mentioned Hamhuis, in today's Toronto Star, there was an article about what the author thinks the Leafs will look like next year *thanks to the genius that is Burke):

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/783142--take-a-peek-into-burke-s-crystal-ball

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
Patrick Sharp*-Kadri-Bobby Ryan**
Tomas Fleischmann***-Mitchell-Sjostrom
Orr-Hanson-Stahlberg

Beauchemin-Phaneuf
Komisarek-Hamhuis****
Gunnarson- Alzner
extra: Finger

Gustavsson
Giguere

* - Acquired through trade with CHI; did not say what was coming back
** - Acquired in trade with ANA for Schenn & Grabovski
*** - Acquired in trade (along with Karl Alzner) with WAS for Kaberle
**** - signed as UFA

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 270956

Last edited by Dash on Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I still think he doesn't re-sign. We need a younger, fresher approach to our management, and Murray is getting pretty old.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kovalfie wrote:
I'd think a 30 year old French Canadian would want to put his kids in a French school and be close to family and friends. He's from St Foy Quebec which, well, I have no idea where the hell that is in Quebec but it's close enough without having to play in Montreal.

You'd think so, but as we all know it doesn't really work that way in sports.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Big Ev wrote:Won't Murray be out when Chara's free agency kicks in, though?

Just barely, he'll have literally JUST finished his reign. Still, Murray wanted him bad, Melnyk wanted him badly (apparently), but the Sens weren't willing to go up to 7.5 on a 5 year term, but boy, have we ever learned our lesson. We'll pay him 8.

Chara, Karlsson, Phillips, Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba/Carkner.

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 747605

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:Off topic to the Sens, but reminded me of it when you mentioned Hamhuis, in today's Toronto Star, there was an article about what the author thinks the Leafs will look like next year *thanks to the genius that is Burke):

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/783142--take-a-peek-into-burke-s-crystal-ball

Kulemin-Bozak-Kessel
Patrick Sharp*-Kadri-Bobby Ryan**
Tomas Fleischmann***-Mitchell-Sjostrom
Orr-Hanson-Stahlberg

Beauchemin-Phaneuf
Komisarek-Hamhuis****
Gunnarson- Alzner
extra: Finger

Gustavsson
Giguere

* - Acquired through trade with CHI; did not say what was coming back
** - Acquired in trade with ANA for Schenn & Grabovski
*** - Acquired in trade (along with Karl Alzner) with WAS for Kaberle
**** - signed as UFA

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 270956

I can see the last two, but Bobby Ryan for Schenn and Grabovski? Sharp for...he doesn't even know?

GAME DAY: Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens– 7:30PM EST, Monday, March 22, 2010 - Page 10 62136

Yay! Bobby Ryan for Cowen and Regin? Okay then, let's do it!

stempniaksen

stempniaksen
Veteran
Veteran

Big Ev wrote:Simon Gagne would make a great addition! Philly need sto change something up after this season, so trading him might not be a bad idea.

I've been saying Gagne would be a great fir for years. It would definitely mean losing Volchenkov and Kelly though (salary reasons). What would people have to say about this:

Gagne - Spezza - Alfredsson
Michalek - Regin - Kovalev
Foligno - Fisher - Shannon
Ruutu - Winchester - Neil

Phillips - UFA/Sutton
Kuba - Karlsson
Lee/Cowen - Carkner

Elliott
Ellis

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Where's Z.Smith? And why must we acquire Ellis? Surely he wouldn't sign here if he's gonna be a 1A or a backup even?

You think we could get Nashville to bite on a Mike Fisher, Erik Karlsson and a 1st for Weber ?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nashville doesn't need Fisher, they don't need a defenseman who is a question mark, and they won't trade their franchise player. So no, I don't think they would bite.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum