GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Anyone Taking the Senators Seriously? (Jim Hughson)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The team has climbed to third in the Eastern Conference, had an 11-game winning streak, look to have better balance than in recent years under a no-nonsense coach who’s snapped them to attention and might have solved an age old goaltending problem.

But is anyone taking the Ottawa Senators seriously?

An 11 year playoff run too often fell short of expectation and even though the Senators are just three years removed from a trip to the final they missed the playoffs last season so are surrounded by an understandable skepticism, or at least a 'show me' attitude.

Now after winning 14 of 16 games before the Olympic break the Senators have started the stretch run with two straight losses in which they were sloppy defensively and had to use both goalies in each game.

Read the rest here

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's true, I hate to say it.

Jim Hughson is usually bang on with what he says, this one is no different. A guy that calls it like it is and usually does it in a very respectful way. One of the good guys in the media I listen to and take seriously.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Is anyone else's avatar's to the right now?

yep its all wacked.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Is anyone else's avatar's to the right now?

I blame Clutch. He gave me the "keys to the admin panel", after all.

The scary part is that I didn't think I changed anything.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

OK, that one was easy enough to find, but I swear I had never been to that articular admin panel. For the record, it's in General:Forum:Configuration and under Page Structure "Profile position in the messages" (left or right).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Laugh1

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

I have no problem with what Jim Hughson is saying. Most of it is pretty valid, he's not a type to attack a particular team either.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SDH89 wrote:I have no problem with what Jim Hughson is saying. Most of it is pretty valid, he's not a type to attack a particular team either.

I don't disagree with what he said, but did anyone else get to the end of the article and started looking for the "Next page" button? It just didn't feel finished. He also started it (title and all) as if he was talking about the Sens, yet kept bringing up comparisons/parallels to the Leafs. Almost as if he wasn't sure if he was writing a general Sens blog or just a pre-game blog for a specific BoO re-match.

I found a user blog promoted to the main page on Silver Seven Sens that (to me, at least) was a more satisfying read, even if I did not necessarily agree with the very rose-colored view of things. Have a read:

Comparing the 2010 Ottawa Senators to the 2007 Cup Finals Team.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I noticed that Prags, he goes on a bit of a tangent, but he didn't have many words to work with it looked like.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:

Sure blame me when I'm on vacation and not expected to be around eh? Is Anyone Taking the Senators Seriously? (Jim Hughson) 821277

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Sure blame me when I'm on vacation and not expected to be around eh? Is Anyone Taking the Senators Seriously? (Jim Hughson) 821277

You're on vacation now? Go away and go...somewhere else! Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum