GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010

+23
dennycrane
Flo The Action
PTFlea
Jordo
sens4win
Bramlet07
AlfieisGod11
Hockeyhero22000
garblar
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
benIII24III
asq2
Riprock
Michael Fisher Portnoy II
PKC
Hoags
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SensHulk
KubaTrooper
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Vancouver @ Ottawa Feb 3, 2010

GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap230%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 30% [ 3 ]
GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap220%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 2 ]
GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap240%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 40% [ 4 ]
GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap20%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_lcap210%GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 Vote_rcap2 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
N4L wrote:Wait until he actually has a decent amount of NHL expierence to go along with his tallent along with Karlsson. Elliott is the real deal and always has been.

Let's be reasonable here, Elliot is playing lights right now. Before Brodeur stepped in he was brutal.

How long will it last?

Even if it stopped right now, it's been 9 games already. Good enough for me. GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 235689 GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 805406

I've also been a proponent of Elliott from Day One. His movement in goal is pure textbook. Size and talent are the active ingredients that make him a legitimate NHLer.

I am by no means criticizing Elliot, but some people need to manage their expectations.

How is saying he's a legitimate NHLer not managing expectations? Are you suggesting he's not even legitimate NHL material yet? He never said number 1 goalie or top 10 in the league or any nonsense like that.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
N4L wrote:Wait until he actually has a decent amount of NHL expierence to go along with his tallent along with Karlsson. Elliott is the real deal and always has been.

Let's be reasonable here, Elliot is playing lights right now. Before Brodeur stepped in he was brutal.

How long will it last?

Even if it stopped right now, it's been 9 games already. Good enough for me. GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 235689 GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 805406

I've also been a proponent of Elliott from Day One. His movement in goal is pure textbook. Size and talent are the active ingredients that make him a legitimate NHLer.

I am by no means criticizing Elliot, but some people need to manage their expectations.

How is saying he's a legitimate NHLer not managing expectations? Are you suggesting he's not even legitimate NHL material yet? He never said number 1 goalie or top 10 in the league or any nonsense like that.

No sorry that isn't want I meant, far from it. I didn't mean to imply that he needed to manage his expectations. But there have been a few "caught up in the moment" comments.

Sorry guys, not trying to ruin anyones fun!

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Devo wrote:Dare I say it, but I think we may have to start looking at a Kovalev Appreciation thread. He's clearly been one of our top 3 forwards for this run of 11 games....

This is the guy Murray offered 5 million to, and while I admit I expected the 3 games on 2 games off Kovalev, I'm absolutely thrilled that he's committed to the team and system for these 11 games. I feel bad for him that he hasn't scored more, because last night alone he should have had 2 maybe 3.

Agreed. Kovalev has been stellar for us for about 2 solid months now, in fact. I'm loving the way he's been playing. The effort / compete level is there, for the most part, shift in and shift out. He's a little snake bitten at the moment, put he's still producing -- those goals will come.

How exciting is the thought of potentially having 5 20+ goal-scorers on this team?

Alfie, Michalek, Fisher, Spezza, Kovalev

Hopefully we're a trade away from having 6. GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 235689 GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 805406

You and your trade hopes. GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 979131 The team is clicking on all cylinders. Why do you always want to mess with a good thing?

OTT is a team that should make no more than one or two depth moves, at most. An upgrade Campoli or Picard, sure, but I don't know about anything else. An extra forward only if it he can score and comes pretty cheap. We're really deep at forward tho' -- with Foligno out, Donovan sitting, and Z. Smith just waiting to play full time with this team.

No trading of 1sts or significant prospects. I'll do SJS's 2nd + O'Brien at MOST for any rental. Maybe Lee. Maybe some lesser prospects whose name I don't even know. That's it. If we're going to compete against the WASs, PITs, and NJs of our division, we have to do it with the team we have now -- bringing in a rental player 1/8th of Kovalchuk's/Crosby's/Ovechkin's skill is not about to tilt the balance of power.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

rooneypoo wrote:You and your trade hopes. GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 979131 The team is clicking on all cylinders. Why do you always want to mess with a good thing?

OTT is a team that should make no more than one or two depth moves, at most. An upgrade Campoli or Picard, sure, but I don't know about anything else. An extra forward only if it he can score and comes pretty cheap. We're really deep at forward tho' -- with Foligno out, Donovan sitting, and Z. Smith just waiting to play full time with this team.

No trading of 1sts or significant prospects. I'll do SJS's 2nd + O'Brien at MOST for any rental. Maybe Lee. Maybe some lesser prospects whose name I don't even know. That's it. If we're going to compete against the WASs, PITs, and NJs of our division, we have to do it with the team we have now -- bringing in a rental player 1/8th of Kovalchuk's/Crosby's/Ovechkin's skill is not about to tilt the balance of power.

GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 270956

P.S.

GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 235689 GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 805406

TeamRenzo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

How long will it last?

No sorry that isn't want I meant, far from it. I didn't mean to imply that he needed to manage his expectations. But there have been a few "caught up in the moment" comments.

Sorry guys, not trying to ruin anyones fun!

Not caught up in the momment at all. Ive been syaing for years Elliott will be a number 1 in this league and a legit number 1. Elliott is basically a rookie still who had to find the consistancy all young goaltenders do. Took Flurry 3 or 4 years, Price and Mason cant find their game, Halak was brought up much the same way Elliott was and is looking very solid.

Elliott has every single tool to be a star and people are starting to take serious notice.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Karlsson not expected back until after the Olympic break:
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Ottawa/2010/02/05/12758561-qmi.html

(that's 5 games)

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

marakh wrote:
TeamRenzo wrote:

How long will it last?

No, he was one of the best players on this team in the 5 game losing streak.

I think both Leclaire and Elliot both had save% under .900, granted the team in front of him was crap but they were equally as crappy in front of Leclaire.

Having a save percentage under 90% is not accpetable for a #1 tender.

Also, Clouston said in an interview that the biggest differnce with the Sens from when the were on their l;osing streak to when they started to win was goaltending

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

OUps forget about that, I thought we were talking about karlsson GAME DAY: Vancouver Canucks @ Ottawa Senators - 7:30pm ET - Thu. Feb. 4. 2010 - Page 17 489887
Elliott was not very good before the Rangers game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum