GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan!

+4
asq2
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

16The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 am

... somehow I knew Alfie was going to score that goal. That was the best Sens moment for me... that and when they signed Donovan.

17The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 am

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Rookie
Rookie

This may not make completes sense given the title of the thread, but here goes… I had my first set of season tickets in 2002-2003 while I still lived in Ottawa. I was so excited, because I was still a student, but scraped together all the cash I could find to get them. Section 316, Row N, seats 15-16. I was a big fan back then. I loved their style, and frankly the Havlat/Spezza/Schaefer line was the most exciting (and nerve-wracking) thing I’d seen in my hockey-loving life. Their run to the ECF that year was phenomenalblasting through team after team, and then the Devils… the boring boring Devils. I remember watching the series unfold, going back and forth until the end of Game 5 with the boys on the brink. Then Game 6 in Jersey rolls around, and I must say, I had nearly lost faith…. When Phillips rolled down the wing I was shouting “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ??!!?!!” and then magic. I was pounding the very thin carpet on top of cement floor with my hands, and freaking out, because both the Sens, and I were going to game 7.

Three things I learned from Game 7 against the Devils…. Redden is no Pele, Havlat is a terrible back-checker, and when your team loses its shot, you have to keep the faith. I watched Hossa, and Volchie cry on the ice. I saw my g/f at the time swear on CBC camera at a bunch of Devils fans…. Losing does some amazing things to people… I’m no longer a big fan, I am a fanatic. That was the best time to be a Sens fan, because after going through that with them, I can go through anything now.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

18The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bump

19The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:50 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Alfie's OT winner to send them to the SCF. I ran outside and could hear the wa-hooing all over the neighborhood. Naturally, I joined in a bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum