GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan!

+4
asq2
LeCaptain
TheAvatar
PTFlea
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:33 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For me was watching the Sens/Sabres 06/07 ECF Game 5 on TV in our bedroom. Mel wasn't feeling great, so she was in bed and I was at the foot of the bed. I remember thinking that for sure I would have a heart attack or stroke I was so scared and nervous. I knew if Buffalo scored, the series was gonna get real heavy and then the fateful play where Heatley or Spezza (now I can't recall) chipped it up to Alfie who went over the Buffalo blue line, dodges, shot and then...

...that moment forever etched in my memory. I felt as if I looked over at Alfie in the corner, then back to the net. I saw the red light, I saw his arms go up and I realized, we were going to the Cup. I threw my arms up and let the remote go by accident. Then the two of us literally let the whole neighbourhood know the Sens were going to the ****ing Cup. I know because we had neighbour telling us they could hear us screaming.

That's obviously my fondest memory, but we'll have some different answers, I'm sure.

2The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:59 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Same for me. I remember we had just bought a rowing shell for my wife and it was out that way. We stopped at a sports bar about 1/2 hour out of Buffalo to watch the game. We were going to go in wearing our jerseys but we didn't know what kind of reception to expect.

We meet a bunch of the nicest people. We went back to the car to get our jerseys in the 2nd period.

Bunch came to congratulate us at the end of the game.

It was incredible!

3The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:27 pm

The first ever playoff series victory against NJ. Laukkanen over to Yashin to ice it. Took hours to get out of the parking lot that day, but what atmosphere.

4The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:For me was watching the Sens/Sabres 06/07 ECF Game 5 on TV in our bedroom. Mel wasn't feeling great, so she was in bed and I was at the foot of the bed. I remember thinking that for sure I would have a heart attack or stroke I was so scared and nervous. I knew if Buffalo scored, the series was gonna get real heavy and then the fateful play where Heatley or Spezza (now I can't recall) chipped it up to Alfie who went over the Buffalo blue line, dodges, shot and then...

...that moment forever etched in my memory. I felt as if I looked over at Alfie in the corner, then back to the net. I saw the red light, I saw his arms go up and I realized, we were going to the Cup. I threw my arms up and let the remote go by accident. Then the two of us literally let the whole neighbourhood know the Sens were going to the ****ing Cup. I know because we had neighbour telling us they could hear us screaming.

That's obviously my fondest memory, but we'll have some different answers, I'm sure.

Heatley, Corvo, Meszaros, Comrie, Saprykin, Preissing, Schubert. I may be missing some players too. That's alot of turnover :x

5The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

The 02/22/07 brawl that turned the season...

6The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:
Heatley, Corvo, Meszaros, Comrie, Saprykin, Preissing, Schubert. I may be missing some players too. That's alot of turnover :x

Boo, replaced, sucks, meh, meh, replaced with rougher dude, meh. That's a lot of 'meh's. And Emery - that's a shame, but Lehner, Elliott, maybe Leclaire...we're probably pretty even there.

BTW, which smiley did you use there that didn't work? The :x one.

7The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

That was probably the best single play for me.

I loved being a Sens fan for the first two-thirds in 2005-2006, though. We were absolutely unstoppable; there were no holes on the roster.

On top of that, our system was looking great with the recent addition of Brian Lee.

8The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:That was probably the best single play for me.

I loved being a Sens fan for the first two-thirds in 2005-2006, though. We were absolutely unstoppable; there were no holes on the roster.

On top of that, our system was looking great with the recent addition of Brian Lee.

Remember when an opposing team took a penalty their shoulders slumped right away. That PP was amazing.

9The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:30 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Boo, replaced, sucks, meh, meh, replaced with rougher dude, meh. That's a lot of 'meh's. And Emery - that's a shame, but Lehner, Elliott, maybe Leclaire...we're probably pretty even there.

BTW, which smiley did you use there that didn't work? The :x one.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying those players didn't need to be moved/not retained. It's just alot of turnover for a team coming off of a SCF appearance.

The smiley I used was colon then the letter x. The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! 270956

10The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:43 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For me it's a tie between the first ever Alfie chant in game one of the Cup run vs. the Pens and the Game 5 series clincher in New Jersey. The New Jersey one sticks out because I was part of the 2 or 3 thousand that crossed the border to go see that game live. It was amazing to see the number of Sens fans at the border crossing and to hear the Go Sens Go cheers before the game started. I was very impressed with the New Jersey fans as well. Out of the entire building I only got bothered by one drunken Devils fan. Even the guy sitting next to me engaged in some intelligent conversation about the game. That whole run was awesome as I was at every series clincher except Buffalo.

- Unknown Author

11The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:47 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Corvo OT winner was pretty big. Answered a lot of questions about the team as a whole.

12The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:04 am

Alfie scoring against Miller to send them to the cup

13The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 am

... somehow I knew Alfie was going to score that goal. That was the best Sens moment for me... that and when they signed Donovan.

14The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 am

Michael Fisher Portnoy II

Michael Fisher Portnoy II
Rookie
Rookie

This may not make completes sense given the title of the thread, but here goes… I had my first set of season tickets in 2002-2003 while I still lived in Ottawa. I was so excited, because I was still a student, but scraped together all the cash I could find to get them. Section 316, Row N, seats 15-16. I was a big fan back then. I loved their style, and frankly the Havlat/Spezza/Schaefer line was the most exciting (and nerve-wracking) thing I’d seen in my hockey-loving life. Their run to the ECF that year was phenomenalblasting through team after team, and then the Devils… the boring boring Devils. I remember watching the series unfold, going back and forth until the end of Game 5 with the boys on the brink. Then Game 6 in Jersey rolls around, and I must say, I had nearly lost faith…. When Phillips rolled down the wing I was shouting “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING ??!!?!!” and then magic. I was pounding the very thin carpet on top of cement floor with my hands, and freaking out, because both the Sens, and I were going to game 7.

Three things I learned from Game 7 against the Devils…. Redden is no Pele, Havlat is a terrible back-checker, and when your team loses its shot, you have to keep the faith. I watched Hossa, and Volchie cry on the ice. I saw my g/f at the time swear on CBC camera at a bunch of Devils fans…. Losing does some amazing things to people… I’m no longer a big fan, I am a fanatic. That was the best time to be a Sens fan, because after going through that with them, I can go through anything now.

http://www.theempirescoresback.blogspot.com

15The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Empty Re: The Greatest Time to be a Sens fan! Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Bump

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum