GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED)

+13
TheAvatar
Hoags
Riprock
The Silfer Server
SeawaySensFan
PKC
rooneypoo
LeCaptain
SDH89
beerandsens
M_Christopher
PTFlea
asq2
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

106Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:54 am

M_Christopher

Sophomore
Sophomore

It's official now

Jokinen/Prust for Higgins/Kotalik

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308648

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

107Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:00 am

cain69

Prospect
Prospect

How funny is that, earlyer tonight i traded away Kotalik to Ott in the sim while NYR traded him aswell on the same night to Calgary Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 105237

108Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:36 am

M_Christopher wrote:It's official now

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308648
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308648[/quote[/url]]

What do you think? Personally I think Calgary will win out on these deals. I realize the loss of Phaneuf and Aulie are pretty big, but gaining Hagman, Higgings, Kotlalik, and Stajan should solve their offensive woes.

109Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:47 am

What I really want to know is, how does Sather manage to rid himself of bad contracts like this??? First Gomez, and now Kotalik, who everyone KNEW he wanted to get rid of. He must have some serious dirt on Gainey and Sutter.

110Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:48 am

[quote="Kovalfie"]
M_Christopher wrote:It's official now

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=308648[/quote]

What do you think? Personally I think Calgary will win out on these deals. I realize the loss of Phaneuf and Aulie are pretty big, but gaining Hagman, Higgings, Kotlalik, and Stajan should solve their offensive woes.

Not last night it didn't. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 62136

111Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:06 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Does anyone understand this trade at all from either standpoint?

112Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:41 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:Does anyone understand this trade at all from either standpoint?

Two teams trying to cover up recent mistakes.

I still think Jokinen will pay off for the Rangers. They shouldn't make the mistake of resigning him, though.

113Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:24 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Does anyone understand this trade at all from either standpoint?

Not from a Calgary POV I sure don't, unless Kotalik is heading to Russia this summer and leaving his contract here, this is a bad move.

Jokinen is a plague, but only if you let him stay around long enough - and his Finnish arse will be out the door in the summer, clearing up more room for the Rangers to go after Kovalchuk (because you know they'll try).

I like this for the Rangers even though I loathe Jokinen. Hate it for the Flames unless it's addition by subtraction (which I FIRMLY believe it is).

114Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Maybe when the Rangers rid themselves of two awful deals - Redden and Drury, and even Roszisval - then they could look at Kovalchuk.

115Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:46 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Bizarre trade, Jokinen must be terrible.

I think Sutter is really hitting that big red panic button.

116Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:51 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hoags wrote:Bizarre trade, Jokinen must be terrible.

Not any terribler than Drury. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 159628

117Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll keep saying this over and over again: he was the black plague in the Flames dressing room. Everyone hated his guys. (and Neon Dion's as well). This is addition by subtraction.

118Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:57 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Seriously though, if the Rangers could bury or rid themselves of those 3 contracts, they could be back int a position to do it all over again with other players like Vinny and Ilya.

119Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:58 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Not any terribler than Drury. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 159628

See, I would take Drury if I was the Flames. He's a HELL of a lot better than Kotalik and at least I could pair him with Iginla and get some awesome 2-way play to go with what I think would be a resurgence in Drury's career.

I would have done that personally. Kotalik be damned, Higgins be damned. And I would have taken a 2nd rounder for my troubles as well.

120Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Redden will be an anchor for the Rangers for years to come, I can't imagine any GM in the league being stupid enough to acquire him.

Even Milbury would walk away Laugh1

121Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:05 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

They might have to bury him in the minors, try the re-entry method, or buy him out. But they would have to fire Sather so it doesn't happen again.

122Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 am

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

CGY has too many forwards now, I think it's just a matter of time before we see another trade.

123Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 Empty Re: Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://twitter.com/boomer960

Kotalik's flight was canceled at the last second. Olli Jokinen headed to NYR? (CONFIRMED) - Page 8 270956 Sutter was probably drunk last night and just realized what he did.

Dominoes????W??W??#?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum